ERP and School Holidays

Rtth84

Whats the relationship between these 2?

What cause the reduction of traffic flow and reduction of ERP rate during school holidays? Parents need to go to work every single day mah..

Any parent can explain?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

After the parents send their kids off to school in the morning,they will go to work all about the same time,hence the traffic jam.

If no need to send kids to work,all go to work at staggered timing?

the people who go on holiday can affect traffic flow so much... wow thats really amazing...

Hypersonic

Parents taking leave during school holiday.

I also always try to schedule my leave during school holiday.

The problem is those who are staying 2 blocks away also sending their kids to school.... no wonder so many obese children nowadays...

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

After the parents send their kids off to school in the morning,they will go to work all about the same time,hence the traffic jam.

If no need to send kids to work,all go to work at staggered timing?

Yes. Simple logic:

School term - Trip A - send kid to school, trip B - off to work, trip C - pick up kid from school in evening, trip D - go home

School holiday - Trips B and D only.

With 2 less trips in school holidays, traffic perceived to be less congested so ERP reduced.

Edited by Pcslim

The problem is those who are staying 2 blocks away also sending their kids to school.... no wonder so many obese children nowadays...

Yes... Too pampered. I where got such good parents to send me to sch one? Go there myself.

the time for kids (pri, sec) to go to sch is by 7.30am reached... so most of the parents will dropped their kids by 7am-7.30am and get on to work where some only need to reach office at 8.30am-9am but instead they go earlier (this explains the traffic jam part b4 8am to 9am)... cos some other who do not need to send kids to sch need to reach office by 8am-8.30am hence the crashes between these 2 kinds...

whereas now sch holidays, no need for parents to leave so early... nowadays u guys noe tat in most top management or even management u no need to go zhun zhun on time or earlier unless got meetings and stuffs... so parents now make use of the holidays no need send kids to sch and slp later so lesser traffic jam...

understand my theory??? [sleeping]

(edited)

Yes... Too pampered. I where got such good parents to send me to sch one? Go there myself.

Dont be so negative rah. There is nothing wrong with that.

Same as handphone mah....previous generations got a phone purely for talking purpose. Now got so many options now, i-phone, dopod, SMS, MMS, wifi, bluetooth, gps...blah blah blah. If one gets one of these consider overly-pamper yourself or not ? No right ?

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Yes. Simple logic:

School term - Trip A - send kid to school, trip B - off to work, trip C - pick up kid from school in evening, trip D - go home

School holiday - Trips B and D only.

With 2 less trips in school holidays, traffic perceived to be less congested so ERP reduced.

Plus parents will bring thier kids overseas. So definately less traffic will be observe during school holidays.

It has been like this for many many years.

But hor....causeway will jam like siao. Even on weekdays. [sweatdrop]

The lesser traffic on spore roads and jams at causeway.......it has oredi started since last monday if u notice the traffic conditions carefully. [nod][nod][nod]

Turbocharged

Whats the relationship between these 2?

What cause the reduction of traffic flow and reduction of ERP rate during school holidays? Parents need to go to work every single day mah..

Any parent can explain?

next mon..when you leave home in the morning..you'll notice the BIG DIFFERENCE..

the no of cars OTR between 0600-0800hrs will be reduced significantly..

kids these days are so fortunate to have parents driving them to school...

Sporean mindset is buy the car liao, die die muz use, if not lugi. Why wanna waste money to let teh kid take bus, train etc to sch? Got car, use it!

Last time parent where got car, only elites got car to drive their kid to sch. The rest of the ppl need to walk or take public transport to sch, rain or shine. Now different liao, car very affordable, almost everyone can own one.

How come ERP can extend until 2200 especially on CTE, ECP? Going home after work is already our own free time.
↡ Advertisement