Good contact for handyman services?

Terence_oh

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Does anyone have a contact for a good handyman? Reasonable charges (hopefully fixed), reliable workmanship. For simple DIY stuff around the house like replacing toilet flushers, minor repairs, etc?

Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Does anyone have a contact for a good handyman? Reasonable charges (hopefully fixed), reliable workmanship. For simple DIY stuff around the house like replacing toilet flushers, minor repairs, etc?

Thanks in advance!

If u stay in HDB, ask your town council for referral. They have some good contacts with transparent price list and licensed to carry out such jobs as they are affiliated to town council so cannot anyhow charge/do.

Neutral Newbie

If u stay in HDB, ask your town council for referral.

Sorry I don't. Any contact would be appreciated.

Replacing toilet flush? Get a plumber lor.

In the past some neighbourhood markets have such handyman, plumbers & electrician but nowadays very hard to find. I couldn't be bothered and did everything on my own. But dun get the wrong idea, I'm not for hired. :D[:p]

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Go to your area TOWN Council's website and call the listed handyman, they will deal with non-HDB work as well.

i have a friend who is a handyman, he told me they will charge you according to your perceived home income . when they reach your place they will see what type of house you stay, whether you have a lcd tv and such luxury items, and then they will price their charges at your affordability level.

Neutral Newbie

i have a friend who is a handyman, he told me they will charge you according to your perceived home income . when they reach your place they will see what type of house you stay, whether you have a lcd tv and such luxury items, and then they will price their charges at your affordability level.

That's the problem I have. [shakehead] Quotes always get inflated. I don't suppose there's any way around it.

Neutral Newbie

DIY.... -_-

haha I do minor DIY stuff - patched the toilet flusher a couple of times. But replacing the whole thing... [sweatdrop]

haha I do minor DIY stuff - patched the toilet flusher a couple of times. But replacing the whole thing... [sweatdrop]

Toilet flusher not difficult to change lah. All will have instructions on how to go about doing it.

You don't learn if you don't try. [laugh]

Toilet flusher not difficult to change lah. All will have instructions on how to go about doing it.

You don't learn if you don't try. [laugh]

get e satisfaction from DIY n e admiration form OC...indeed i m e MAN of e hse [laugh]

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

NTUC, at least the price is fixed and with some warranty.

get e satisfaction from DIY n e admiration form OC...indeed i m e MAN of e hse [laugh]

Yeah, good for you. I everything also DIY, cooking, sewing etc.. I even made my own kids! [laugh] [laugh]