Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:16 AM

Terence_oh
  • Terence_oh
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,

Does anyone have a contact for a good handyman? Reasonable charges (hopefully fixed), reliable workmanship. For simple DIY stuff around the house like replacing toilet flushers, minor repairs, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:19 AM

Pcslim
  • Pcslim
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,

Does anyone have a contact for a good handyman? Reasonable charges (hopefully fixed), reliable workmanship. For simple DIY stuff around the house like replacing toilet flushers, minor repairs, etc?

Thanks in advance!

If u stay in HDB, ask your town council for referral. They have some good contacts with transparent price list and licensed to carry out such jobs as they are affiliated to town council so cannot anyhow charge/do.

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:20 AM

Terence_oh
  • Terence_oh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

If u stay in HDB, ask your town council for referral.

Sorry I don't. Any contact would be appreciated.

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:23 AM

Vextan
  • Vextan
    6th Gear
    Author Image

http://www.income.com.sg/homeservices/
There is only so much fortune a man really needs and the rest is just for showing off.

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:52 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Replacing toilet flush? Get a plumber lor.

In the past some neighbourhood markets have such handyman, plumbers & electrician but nowadays very hard to find. I couldn't be bothered and did everything on my own. But dun get the wrong idea, I'm not for hired. biggrin.gif tongue.gif
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:55 AM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Go to your area TOWN Council's website and call the listed handyman, they will deal with non-HDB work as well.
Kenny Nia & Georgie Pai are MCF's biggest hypocrites:)
The idiot who do unto others first, is a insecure prick. :D

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:59 AM

Vextan
  • Vextan
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i have a friend who is a handyman, he told me they will charge you according to your perceived home income . when they reach your place they will see what type of house you stay, whether you have a lcd tv and such luxury items, and then they will price their charges at your affordability level.
There is only so much fortune a man really needs and the rest is just for showing off.

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:01 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

DIY.... sleep.gif
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:07 AM

Terence_oh
  • Terence_oh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

i have a friend who is a handyman, he told me they will charge you according to your perceived home income . when they reach your place they will see what type of house you stay, whether you have a lcd tv and such luxury items, and then they will price their charges at your affordability level.

That's the problem I have. shakehead.gif Quotes always get inflated. I don't suppose there's any way around it.

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:08 AM

Terence_oh
  • Terence_oh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

DIY.... sleep.gif

haha I do minor DIY stuff - patched the toilet flusher a couple of times. But replacing the whole thing... sweatdrop.gif

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:36 AM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

haha I do minor DIY stuff - patched the toilet flusher a couple of times. But replacing the whole thing... sweatdrop.gif

Toilet flusher not difficult to change lah. All will have instructions on how to go about doing it.
You don't learn if you don't try. laugh.gif

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:11 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Toilet flusher not difficult to change lah. All will have instructions on how to go about doing it.
You don't learn if you don't try. laugh.gif

get e satisfaction from DIY n e admiration form OC...indeed i m e MAN of e hse laugh.gif
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:12 AM

Ahyoo2002
  • Ahyoo2002
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

NTUC, at least the price is fixed and with some warranty.

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:34 AM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

get e satisfaction from DIY n e admiration form OC...indeed i m e MAN of e hse laugh.gif

Yeah, good for you. I everything also DIY, cooking, sewing etc.. I even made my own kids! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

Chickenfarm
  • Chickenfarm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

It is so commendable of you to dig up an old thread to assist those in MCF that might require YOUR handyman laugh.gif

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Darthrevan
  • Premium member
    Darthrevan
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

It is so commendable of you to dig up an old thread to assist those in MCF that might require YOUR handyman laugh.gif

many suspicious spam accounts registered to clock posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

Pocus
  • Pocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

SO your handyman willing to travel from US to Singapore to screw our lightbulbs?

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Never too late to help....... sleep.gif

4 yrs only, maybe TS haven't done his repair yet. ph34r.gif

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

Gitanic
  • Premium member
    Gitanic
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Never too late to help....... sleep.gif

4 yrs only, maybe TS haven't done his repair yet. ph34r.gif

maybe add a light bulb to see clearly in uncertain times ph34r.gif

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:24 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'm quite handy dandy at DIY.

Me Newcastle fan

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users