HDB Season RFID need to display?

Luv_hurts

Neutral Newbie

I have the RFID tag for HDB season parking.

Is a need to show the tag or simply have the tag in the car?

For example, could I leave the RFID tag in the glove compartment as the parking warden uses a scanner to identify if a car have a valid RFID.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

For example, could I leave the RFID tag in the glove compartment as the parking warden uses a scanner to identify if a car have a valid RFID.

that is just a "scanner", not an x-ray.. it's not that advance yet...... if that could be done,i prefer they do it on our iu unit.. we could have hide our IU unit under the seat............hehehe... [blush]

• Praise 1

of course must display on windscreen. If not they would not have the RFID done with that material.

If fatimah dont see any tag or coupon , they will give you summon immediately. DOnt need to take out the scanner.

• Praise 1

I stick mine behind the top darken part of the wind screen.

This way outside cannot see yet parking lady can scan.

• Praise 1

Actually it's not compulsory to display your road tax disc. I did not disply mine for few months already.

As for the RFID, it has to be displayed, I just checked HDB's faq on this.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Reason is there are a few cars in my area, they cover their car with the cover inculding their number plate.

My place's Fatimah very active and yet they are fine. So i thought that there is not a need to display.

Display lor. Why? Don't want people to see you got HDB season parking is it?

i agree... no harm displaying...

Reason is there are a few cars in my area, they cover their car with the cover inculding their number plate.

My place's Fatimah very active and yet they are fine. So i thought that there is not a need to display.

Truth is, as long as their reader can scan for the RFID tag, it's not an issue.

The FAQ is a bit kiasu as it is likely that some people may just keep the tag at home, in that case it just make the Fatimah's work more troublesome. If you keep it inside your glove box, it is might still be detectable by the reader. But in case of some wierd reason - maybe the solar film's fault, and the RFID is not detectable, then it just means more troubles, for the Fatimah's and possible for yourself.

Supercharged

Actually it's not compulsory to display your road tax disc. I did not disply mine for few months already.

i rob a few banks already and not been caught, so means it's ok to rob bank?

don't give wrong advice lah [smash]

i rob a few banks already and not been caught, so means it's ok to rob bank?

don't give wrong advice lah [smash]

logic about the road tax disc and rfid is that even if they try to fine or fault you, they are not able to as the system already has data that you paid. anyway if you did not pay road tax on time i think the government will be hunt you down personally, no need for random checks on road tax discs. as for parking cupons, do take note that when an attendant checks your vehicle for valid cupons, he or she will also register the cupons that were used. so if you try to use them again, the system will show that the cupons have already been used, so much for folding. [thumbsup]

I think they can manually key in your number plate when they are not able to scan the RFID tag. In other words, no need to display at all.

logic about the road tax disc and rfid is that even if they try to fine or fault you, they are not able to as the system already has data that you paid. anyway if you did not pay road tax on time i think the government will be hunt you down personally, no need for random checks on road tax discs. as for parking cupons, do take note that when an attendant checks your vehicle for valid cupons, he or she will also register the cupons that were used. so if you try to use them again, the system will show that the cupons have already been used, so much for folding. [thumbsup]

U sure? All the times when i spot these attendants checking on parking coupons, they glance and walk off without writing or keying in anything, unless of course they need to issue a fine.

truth is,have anyone seen those road blocks where they just check ur road tax label? the thing is if u have not been caught doesnt means it is ok. from wat i know,even if u pay roadtax, it is a chargable offense if u dont display ur roadtax for inspection by TP/ROV blocks. likewise for season parking disc...even if u have paid and they have ur records, if they want to be funny wif u, their website states must display,if dont display,can still fine u...

singapore is a fine city...don't give them reasons to do so. if u want to avoid putting and waste time and effort arguing wif them the rights and wrongs,the common senses...go ahead, end of the day, the HOUSE always wins!!

U sure? All the times when i spot these attendants checking on parking coupons, they glance and walk off without writing or keying in anything, unless of course they need to issue a fine.

i gana caught before of course i know. i even called up URA to check with them. [sweatdrop] on the summon will have a 3 strings of numbers. the call taker asked me to read the numbers to her (friendly and polite). she told me that the first line is the cuppon numbers, second line the code showing when it was registered, third line the code for pass or fail and fail for what. one of my cuppons was resued and the second code showed the date and time it was first used, very accurately. the last line showed that i displayed the used cuppon and thus committed an offence of not having valid cuppons to park in the area. fine- $50 CBD area. if they want to fine for tampering with cuppon i die sia. [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement