Nissan Sylphy Feedbacks Please

Sazali

Does someone knows what is the amount of oil required for the gear box of a 2006 Sylphy 2.0?

Is 4 liters of CVT oil adequate to replace the old oil?

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi all,

Do you know where to install 3rd party fog lights for Sylphy 1.6 Premium (A)?

Anyone got local workshop contacts to share and recommand?

Edited by Gundam
  • Praise 1

Hi all,

Do you know where to install 3rd party fog lights for Sylphy 1.6 Premium (A)?

Anyone got local workshop contacts to share and recommand?

I am also looking to install fog lights! Asked TCM and the SA say no stock and also cannot indent?

Then taobao got sell the fog housing with DRL lights but our headlight/signal stalk on the right side came with no switch knob for the fog lights.

Online from china selling the headlight/signal stalk with fog switch for LHD so it is on the left side instead of right side.

Supercharged

My Sylphy will be reaching 10 years by end Dec this year. In the past two months, there is a noise when I decelerate/brake to slow or when I drive over rugged tiled surface. The noise is like ge ge ge coming from the front suspension. I had both shock absorbers replaced about two years ago. I am not sure if the noise is due to rubber mounts that have worn out.

Does anyone have similar experience before whether it was Sylphy or not?

I wonder if the car can drag on with this problem for a further 6 months.

Thanks for the input.

Could be worn out bump stop near the top of the suspension assembly. Had this problem with my previous ride (Avante). 

Neutral Newbie

I am also looking to install fog lights! Asked TCM and the SA say no stock and also cannot indent?

Then taobao got sell the fog housing with DRL lights but our headlight/signal stalk on the right side came with no switch knob for the fog lights.

Online from china selling the headlight/signal stalk with fog switch for LHD so it is on the left side instead of right side.

So we need to buy it from taobao and ask local mech to fix for us?

(edited)

Why need fog lights? Frequent driving in fog or for passive aesthetic? I have fog lights but never switch them on. My main lights are permanently on when driving day or night.

Edited by Columbian78

My slyphy also 10 years this Dec..

I still love the car.

Really nice ride.

Same same. I bought my 2.0L from resale market 3 years ago. Several headaches at the initial stage. Now that the condition is stablised and enjoying the ride, it could be sayonara by Dec. In dilemma whether to renew by then or find new love. Hehehe...

Could be worn out bump stop near the top of the suspension assembly. Had this problem with my previous ride (Avante). 

Resolved a month ago. No parts replaced. I think the mechanic simply tightened a coupler or something like that near the steering column. At the same time, deflate the 4 tires (over-inflate).

My Sylphy 1.6 using halogen reflector lights, not even projector lens. Looks damn cheap honestly, especially with the LED pole lights, such a bad combination. 

The 1.8 and up has Bi-xenon HID if I'm not wrong. Wondering if its possible to made a swap.. 

My Sylphy 1.6 using halogen reflector lights, not even projector lens. Looks damn cheap honestly, especially with the LED pole lights, such a bad combination. 

The 1.8 and up has Bi-xenon HID if I'm not wrong. Wondering if its possible to made a swap.. 

Ya loh halogen for 1.6 sylphy .. and if drive on malaysia roads at night really cannot make it.

See the pot hole also too late to react. The light throw distance is simply not there.

If install 3rd party fog light without the proper headlight/indicator switch stalk, they have to wire it to turn on together with headlight so whenever you turn on the headlights the fog lights will be turned on as well ... not very nice option.

• Praise 1

Ya loh halogen for 1.6 sylphy .. and if drive on malaysia roads at night really cannot make it.

See the pot hole also too late to react. The light throw distance is simply not there.

If install 3rd party fog light without the proper headlight/indicator switch stalk, they have to wire it to turn on together with headlight so whenever you turn on the headlights the fog lights will be turned on as well ... not very nice option.

Foglights can install at Tan Chong mah.. Not the most cost effective solution, but won't affect warranty plus they will change the lighting stalk. 

I talking about the main headlights, true Singapore don't need so bright lights. But the looks just not there. See other cars in the same classes, Mazda 3 and Altis, both got LED for main and high beams, looks quite atas. Even the Korean K3 and Elantra have projector lens. 

Nissan really cutting corners to keep the price low.. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

[wave] Hi all, newbie here.

Just picked up my Sylphy 2 days ago.

Fast turnaround.  :a-good:

Booked the car on 16/7. Successful COE bidding 20/7.

Registration 29/7. Said bye bye to my old car 31/7.

Enjoying my new ride now.  :wub:

• Praise 1

[wave] Hi all, newbie here.

Just picked up my Sylphy 2 days ago.

Fast turnaround. :a-good:

Booked the car on 16/7. Successful COE bidding 20/7.

Registration 29/7. Said bye bye to my old car 31/7.

Enjoying my new ride now. :wub:

Hi dont mind to pm me how much u pay for your ride and what are the freebies your SA given?

Plan to grt sylphy few months ago but till now not decided yet so just wonder if the package are more attractive now cheers

• Praise 1

I ordered the entire fog lamp set (including cables & fuse box) from TB, but the swtich won't be like original. Instead I bought a separate button switch. Note that the lamp set doesn't come with the "cover". So i also ordered the DRL set.

So now my Sylphy has fog lamp + DRL, both with separate individual "press" button switch.

• Praise 1

I ordered the entire fog lamp set (including cables & fuse box) from TB, but the swtich won't be like original. Instead I bought a separate button switch. Note that the lamp set doesn't come with the "cover". So i also ordered the DRL set.

So now my Sylphy has fog lamp + DRL, both with separate individual "press" button switch.

Hi,

Wow can like that do another button to switch on and off? Then the buttons located where?

Please take some pictures and share with bros here if possible ... Thanks!

• Praise 1

Hi,

Wow can like that do another button to switch on and off? Then the buttons located where?

Please take some pictures and share with bros here if possible ... Thanks!

It's below the side mirror adj switch, tonight I will take a pic of the switches and show.

• Praise 2

Hi can you share more info about your DRL from taobao. Like how much, hows the quality, where you install, costs, etc. Some pictures would be great.

TIA!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1