Michelin Primacy LC

Aspri

Has anyone tried the Michelin Primacy LC tyres? I tried a few shops and were told that it's not ready available yet (to be launched in August). However, the website is already displaying the tyre as available and I can't get through Michelin's line to clarify and confirm.

I think it has been launched in Malaysia so if anyone has got it, I wouldn't mind to hear from you about the tyres. Thank you in advance!

↡ Advertisement

Last month I called up Tyrepac to inquire about this tyre, they told me arriving in a few weeks time. I think maybe this or next month should be available?

Hi Octopus,

Out of curiosity, why are you considering this tyre? FYI, I'm only considering this because I want to try something more geared towards comfort from Michelin and this is the only one that has the right size for my rims (215/45/R17).

Thanks!

Looking at quiet and comfortable tyre with reasonable grip, and the new Primacy LC seems to fit my requirement. Its a replacement for MXV8 but the rating is V for my size, so I'd guess its improvement in performance as compared to MXV8. For profile 60 tyre, quite difficult to find V rated tyres, most of them are H rated.

The XM1 seems quite popular, I can see it often on the road. But its the most basic tyre in Michelin range, so not sure if it will be as quiet as I hope to be. PP2 I hear not as quiet and comfort as claim in their advertisement... So remaining Michelin tyres to consider is Primacy LC.... Other brand also considering, I still need to clock 5k km more before changing. [drivingcar]

No size for me using AR10. I'm on 215/45/R17. The only non-UHP tyre under Bridgestone is GR80 which is no longer in production. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Stock for Primacy LC has arrived, I called up a few shop to ask about the price for my size; 195/60R15....

One thing I discovered, all the shops (4 or 5 of them) quoted the same price. Is Michelin tyre standard pricing?

how much the price?

For size 195/60R15, its $150 each. [sweatdrop]

I also got a quote for CPC2 at $135, was surprise that can get CPC2 at lower price than primacy lc....

Stock for Primacy LC has arrived, I called up a few shop to ask about the price for my size; 195/60R15....

One thing I discovered, all the shops (4 or 5 of them) quoted the same price. Is Michelin tyre standard pricing?

there is a recommended retail price list <_<

the primacy lc depending on sizes are from thai and cn

Finally change to Michelin Primacy LC yesterday. [drivingcar]

Comparing to my old set of DNA dB which clocked slightly over 40k km, I find some improvement in noise; its more quiet now. And bigger improvement in dry grip and comfort. Don't have the chance to try out wet grip yet, but I think it should be good too. Will feedback after clocking more mileage.

I think there maybe people whom think DNA dB has bad grip, but after trying it out I find its not that bad. Taking on bends such as those CTE towards city direction; filtering to PIE (towards Tuas) or Clementi Ave 6 bend towards PIE (city) I can go slightly faster without worries. [drivingcar]

Called up a few Michelin authorised dealer shop to enquiry, and the quote ranges from $135/pc to $160/pc for my size. I discovered those smaller tyre shop usually offer better price than the bigger ones. This is a very new tyre in Singapore market, some shops even told me they have not receive the stocks yet. I've read about the good review of Primacy LC from India and Malaysia forum, so eager to try this out myself.

Overall quite happy with the Ang Mo Kio tyre shop which sells me the tyre, apart than the usual stuff of replacing new valve stem assembly and balancing, they even wash my rims before installing. [thumbsup]

Am thinking of replacing my tires with Michelin, which Ang Mo Kio shop did you go - P H or the one opposite or the authorised dealer?

Am thinking of replacing my tires with Michelin, which Ang Mo Kio shop did you go - P H or the one opposite or the authorised dealer?

Its not the jewelery shop... Johnny Tyre at BLK 5034, authorised dealer of Michelin Tyre. [thumbsup]

Today almost whole day raining, good chance to test the wet grip. So far wet grip is quite good, I wanted to go faster but too many traffic on the expressway. [lipsrsealed] No chance to try aquaplanning resistance cos our roads are quite well constructed, cannot find any puddle of water. Maybe the next opportunity when rain is heavier. [sly]

Neutral Newbie

pls dont over do it bro :)

seems like a good tire too, may consider this. current tire clocked almost 30k soon. thinking of changing since still got some value.

For size 195/60R15, its $150 each. [sweatdrop]

I also got a quote for CPC2 at $135, was surprise that can get CPC2 at lower price than primacy lc....

CPC2 is definetely more worth it.

bought michelin premacy lc yesterday replacing my worn hankook v8rs, size is 215/45/17 installed on advan rs, all i can say is brilliant! the ride is very comfortable, smooth and most importantly, noise level down significantly with similar feedback coming from family members who have sat in my ride.

premacy lc also has this unique grove that provides some protection on rims unlike my previous hankook.

although the tyres costs are on the high side, overall i think it is a worth while purchase for the return of comfort that were missing from my ride for years.