Michelin Primacy LC

Aspri

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Pls, can u PM me the Msia address and contact? I would ideally like to change my tyres by this weekends or next.

Thanks in advance..!!!

Neutral Newbie

720 ringgit plus alightment. abt $75 each

I call the same shop that you recommend, they quoted RM260nett / tyre for Primacy LC 195/60/R15 [:(]

hi bro i think go down and negotiate better. At the same time can try to get them to take in your old tyres as well. Good luck

Edited by Code01

Neutral Newbie

Actually I was at Hawk Tyre (Sutera Mall branch) a couple of weeks ago, they quoted me the same price, I guess they have the standard price across all their branches?

Yours is so cheap maybe due to the different in profile? (Yours is 195/50/R15, mine 195/60/R15)

there is a huge diff if size is diff

i dropped by the store near pelangi plaza other day, i saw the list price for f1 asym, 215/45/17 $430, 225/45/17 $560

Actually I was at Hawk Tyre (Sutera Mall branch) a couple of weeks ago, they quoted me the same price, I guess they have the standard price across all their branches?

Yours is so cheap maybe due to the different in profile? (Yours is 195/50/R15, mine 195/60/R15)

Not only different profile diffferent price, different country of manufacture also price different.

Refer to Malaysia forum on Primacy LC discussion here, thread #505 mentioned.

http://forum.autoworld.com.my/index.php?sh...8527&st=500

Made in China tyre is cheaper than made in Thailand tyre. But I hear from local tyre shop than 195/60R15 only MIT available, for size 16" (not sure what profile) it is MIC.

was told that michelin primacy LC made in china.

In general tyre made in china is inferior compare to thailand japan or other country. due to the rubber that they used. for tyre manufacture in china by right they should be using the rubber from the country itself. I was told that the quality of the raw material is not as good as those from other country thus will wear off faster and the tyre become noisier faster compared to the tyre manufacture from other country.

the lc in singapore are mit, even for smaller ones like 15". Went to a few shops to check, not every shop have the primacy lc. Maybe the shops you went to don't have it and trying to recommend you to other tyres? One big shop that I went to even dare tell me I make a mistake lah, michelin don't have primacy lc and then start showing me the xm1...

Just got mine locally. $160/piece for 205/65/r15. Recevied different quotes ranging from $160-$180. These are really really soft. Much softer than the dna db I had previously. However, I think must be careful of the kerb with these tyres. Not sure about grip, but I honestly don't think can get any worse than the dna db.

Today just done tyre rotation after clocking 10k km. Wear pattern is even. Will give my review on Michelin Primacy LC 195/60R15 size.

Tyre is only single ply, hence soft side walls. Need to pump higher pressure or else will experience not so stable condition when conering. I pump around 240/250kpa front and 230/240kpa rear for my <1.2ton sedan as I find this gives best compromise between comfort vs performance. Max pressure as stated on my tyre is 350kpa, so it is design for heavier weight vehicle, but need to pump higher pressure. Pumping higher pressure for this tyre is important.

Grip in wet or dry is ok, no surprises. Maybe I don't drive that aggresively. But sometime when accelerating from stop it does wheel spin for a fraction of a second. Mine is manual transmission car. Other than that, braking seems better than DNA dB, almost same as Hankook V8RS standard.

The claim of lesser rolling resistant seems true. Stopping before traffic light with gear in neutral and without applying brake, I sometime find the car roll forward or backward slowly. This I don't find in my previous tyre at the same traffic light junction. But fuel saving I don't find much difference, probably I drove faster as compared to my previous tyre.

This is my first time using assymetric tyre, surprisingly it track much straighter when compared to my previous directional tyre. Perhaps its single ply tyre so much lighter weight construction, I feel its slightly more agile in accelerating. Either its lighter or perhaps more grip than my previous tyre?

Quiet and comfort is where this tyre does best. Those jaw like marking on the road in Daily Farm Road I don't feel anything when going over it, previously I can still feel minute pulses, but now totally nothing. It absorb minor irregularity of the road very, very well.

I think it is more quiet than DNA dB, cos nowadays I get to hear more of my engine sound. Due to my car is noisy by design, I think my next tyre no point getting the best quiet and comfort series, cos now the noise is from my engine or exhaust. Nevertheless, some parts of the expressway is still noisy no matter what type of tyre.