Michelin Primacy LC

Aspri

can PM me the price too? looking to change...

there is a tyre dealer at the SPC station next to Haw Chong / Duchess

$760 cash for a set of 4 Michelin Primacy LC 215/60R16, latest production batch, if not happy don't pay, the man said

i changed mine there

↡ Advertisement

anyone can visit michelin sg website to find out what is available and where to get it

a good dealer will phone and order for you even if they do not carry the stock

once i went to a big tyre shop near ang mo kio, highly rated by forumers, but is a big disappointment because they claimed certain michelin tyres are not available and no such model....trying to sell me old production tyres made in russia 3 years ago....frankly the 3 year old russian michelin probably hardened already and are probably not new as in changed out by new car owners who upgraded the tyres to something else

that shop looks like big time dealer in second hand tyres

Edited by Fedup-camry

Neutral Newbie

Anyone know what is a reasonable price for Primacy LC 195/65R15?

Do you know which dealer is good (i.e. low price + reasonable service)?

Thank you.

Neutral Newbie

changed recently at johnson tyre.. amk. $150/pc for exactly same profile

Thanks for the reply, Shanhz! [:)]

So do you like your new tyres?

Last week my Primacy LC just exceeded 30,000 km usage. In Aug'10 I went to the Michelin tyre check in Hougang SPC and discovered that wear rate on all 4 tyres are normal, except that the front left is wearing a little faster than the rest. I suspect that its because most of the HDB multi-story carpark is clockwise turning, hence more wear on the front left tyre. I've done a cross pattern tyre rotation as per the Michelin technician's advice.

Glad to report that even at 30k km, the tyre is considered still relatively quiet. Example when cruising at SLE at 100km/hr, I can still hear the sound of my engine whenever I step on the accelerator pedal. I take it as the engine noise can overwrite the noise from tyre. But nevertheless, there are still some road where tyre became very noisy, even for brand new tyre. So noise wise it still depend on different kind of road surface.

Comfort wise Primacy LC still do quite well at this mileage. Its definately better than Yokohama DNA dB, as it still absorb minor road irregularity quite well. Even with slighty higher pressure (I do 250 ~ 235 kpa, car recommendation is 210kpa), it still quite comfortable.

Grip wise dry condition is ok, except that sometime when dashing off from stop the wheel do spin a bit. Other than that the dry performance still ok, no surprises.

Wet grip is not so good, its even worse than Yokohama DNA dB. ABS can be activated quite easily on wet roads, especially on metal gratings or those white paint marking. The most obvious weakness is braking on wet condition, so need to be extra careful. Other than braking, aquaplan resistance and turning on wet road still ok, no problem so far.

I'd like to close the chapter on my experience with Primacy LC. Last Sat I replaced with Bridgestone GR90, got from the same shop that sold me Primacy LC. They even wash my rims before installing it back.

I've clocked slightly over 50,000 km. I can say this tyre is the best in terms of quiet and comfort, even better than DNA dB. Even at 50k km it still absorb road irregularity rather well, those area where MRT construction and road diversion, this tyre allow to sail thru with minimium uncomfort feel.

It also perform very well in quietness, as after replacing with a brand new set of GR90 (manufactured in around March 2011, made in Japan) I feel not much difference in terms of quietness. This Primacy LC can maintain the quietness characteristic well. [thumbsup]

The only concern is grip, it does set off ABS with hard braking even in dry condition, and in wet need to be extra careful when comes to braking. But the aquaplaning resistance is no problem.

Will give a review on GR90 when run-in. Preliminary feel is that it is more stable than Primacy LC.

may i know where you got the gr-80?

i have been reading that they are out of stock. will be good if u can state the price and size

It is GR90, the newer version of GR80. I'll PM you the shop....

My tyre size 195/60R15, was surprise when I see its indeed made in Japan cos I read it could have made in Thailand.

Neutral Newbie

I was asking a michelin dealer in AMK

I asked for Primacy and they pushed Pilot sport 3 to me at 220 for 4 pieces.

Saying it was out of date...

my car size is 215/45/R17

Kinda made me go ?? :huh:

Yes I know PS3 is better.. but how does Primacy stack against PS3 in terms of:

Price? 30% diff you think?

performance in wet and dry

noise? I would think PS3 is noisier...

Looking at the reviews here.I feel as a normal driver.. the primacy LC seems ok..

Add on:

I called another shop and LC was out of stock and price of LC and PS3 for my size is close..

and he said PS3 is replacement for LC.. oooh...

Edited by Hakumama

I was asking a michelin dealer in AMK

I asked for Primacy and they pushed Pilot sport 3 to me at 220 for 4 pieces.

Saying it was out of date...

my car size is 215/45/R17

Kinda made me go ?? :huh:

Yes I know PS3 is better.. but how does Primacy stack against PS3 in terms of:

Price? 30% diff you think?

performance in wet and dry

noise? I would think PS3 is noisier...

Looking at the reviews here.I feel as a normal driver.. the primacy LC seems ok..

Add on:

I called another shop and LC was out of stock and price of LC and PS3 for my size is close..

and he said PS3 is replacement for LC.. oooh...

220 for 4 pcs of PS3...take lah. At this price...it is cheaper than primacy LC any time. But better check and double check it is brand new, no damage, etc...cos it is super super cheap.

How's the comparison between LC and GR-90 so far ? I'm on GR-90. Thinking of trying out LC next.

Both tyre are very similiar. The minor difference which I can feel are:

1) Dry grip = GR90 slightly better

2) Wet grip = GR90 slightly better

3) Cornering = GR90 better as Primacy LC only 1 ply sidewall, quite soft

4) Comfort = Primacy LC slightly better

5) Noise = Primacy LC better, so far the best among those 'comfort n quiet' tyre which I had tried.

Neutral Newbie

220 for 4 pcs of PS3...take lah. At this price...it is cheaper than primacy LC any time. But better check and double check it is brand new, no damage, etc...cos it is super super cheap.

I mean each 220 x 4 pcs = 880

To avoid any misunderstandings

↡ Advertisement