Any jobless/job seekers ard?

Peqasus

i was jobless 3 mths back but hv since landed a new job. hv another fren tat landed 1 wk after resignation. but another been lookin for 6 mths. so hope to hear more bout the issues u hv in landing new jobs.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

i was jobless 3 mths back but hv since landed a new job. hv another fren tat landed 1 wk after resignation. but another been lookin for 6 mths. so hope to hear more bout the issues u hv in landing new jobs.

Is it tough to find new job in this current economy crisis?

I had tendered my resignation and 2 months notice. I have not submit my resume guess no company will wait 2 months period. [smallcry]

• Praise 1

I was almost jobless last mth. tendered with one mth notice and found a job one week before my last day with ex company [sweatdrop] if i had been fussy, i wld probably be jobless til now

• Praise 1

I had tendered my resignation and 2 months notice. I have not submit my resume guess no company will wait 2 months period. [smallcry]

depend on industry. for my case quite tough, had to send quite a no. of applications, probably only 10% response with interview and only one job offer [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

depend on which industry..my industry still not bad,quite a niche market,wont afffected by crisis..

infact got went to 2 interviews which i wish to join..kana rejected by 1 coz too young for the post.. -.-||| now waiting another one to answer...

depend on which industry..my industry still not bad,quite a niche market,wont afffected by crisis..

infact got went to 2 interviews which i wish to join..kana rejected by 1 coz too young for the post.. -.-||| now waiting another one to answer...

Which industry are you in?

building management..used to be a need for it in past, but now is a must liao..so quite heng ..keke

Btw, were u from building mgt diploma course from NP? I heard there's such a course.

Now is employer market....probably one advertisement they get tons of replies. so they just cherry picked the most plum ones....the rest just need to go for other job advert lucky dips/draws again. [sweatdrop]

When times bad, gahment sector will get too many applicants with 1st class/2nd class honours, so in this case, again they can pick the best out of the lots too. Heard civil service lowered the entry pay for 1st class honours.....

yup dip from NP..got some professional certs..actually best in this industry is no need tip top degree to climb...

more to situation handling and experience..usually they see what kind of portfolio u had handled in the past..from there, they judge..more complicated will be easier to get in and increment in next can ask higher...

Actually, I find that so far in this recession, the job situation is still not as bad as the one in 2001.

I remember then that the job ads in the papers for saturday was only 1 page..... and most vacancies were for the financial services industry.

Back then.... I kena retrenched and took 8 months to find another job, taking a 20% pay cut.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

?? Companies will wait one what. I thought usually people get job FIRST then resigned. I think it is easier to find job when u still have a job. Firstly, in interviews you are more relaxed and not so hard up. People are like that, they want things other people want. So if u have a job, looks like you are "wanted" and easier to nego pay, etc.

• Praise 1

What is the pre-requisite to be a sailor????

Most importantly.... how much does it pay. [sly]

If u have no relevant maritime cert or experience, then u got to start from right at the bottom. Abt US$1-2k tax free per mth.

Most of these jobs are taken up by filipino and indonesians.

U got to climb the ladder lah, but at least u got a job.

US$2K.... ~ SGD3K.... actually pretty good leh.... Some more all food & lodgings covered......

When u still newbie, expect only US$1k per mth. After a yr or so then slowly increase one.

interesting to know what is salary range in singapore for 10years experience automatiom engineer/senior engineer?

↡ Advertisement