poh pee poh pee!

going for a couple of interviews soon..

hopefully can settlle everything by Cny and have a fresh start

poh pee poh pee!

Thought u just changed job the year b4?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

Referral of course higher chance la.

Provided that guy is willing to vouch for you and his own performance isn't in doubt.

give up on that chief already....

• Praise 1

Yup, just like Dollar Triumph.  [:p]

bro, just apply.. even if you think it's supposed to be your boss' job, or scope is somewhat out from what u are skilled in

i did... and was pleasantly surprised the company called me up for interview.

now after a few rounds interview and a siong siong 4-hr behavioral assessment, i'm waiting for the final meeting with HR to discuss the job offer.  :a-happy:

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yup, just like Dollar Triumph.  [:p]

LOL oh ya... now that u mentioned... but i don't grab [gorgeous] by their pussies  [laugh]

u know, i also been throwing out resume in the past couple of years to test-test water... amazingly, none came back. kns..

then late last year i thought maybe i should cast the net wider.. and started to go for higher positions and a bit different scope.

and a few responses actually came back.

another thing... the resume need to be re-written to include the job responsibilities mentioned in the advert.

i believe HR will screen based on keywords. more hit the better, which means u are a better match.

Turbocharged

Agree bro !! Sugar king robert kuok " I don't hire based on PHD or MBA, I hire for the person"s aptitude and attitude. Same like 4D and toto, if we try we go chance. No try, zero chance!!

Jobs won't come to us, we got to find and fight for the job. If "hungry" enough, we will do the necessary. Put in our fair share of effort and try. Write a nice resume and email. Very difficult meh ?? Try & try. Keep trying....

If sit and wait, very fast become sitting duck. The day when we give up trying is waiting for dooms day!! And then, resort to Uber and taxi....very fast game over!!

true true.. 

i was sitting on it for the past few years, with no pay hike and miserable bonus.

while the job was relatively comfy, there was a lot of opportunities lost.

the last straw i went full steam when they announced another round of retrenchment (though i didn't kenna, who knows when the russian roulette will hit).

should have done it earlier.. 

Turbocharged

Tia kong, can use software to scan !! Hahaha....so even if the person good but resume lousy also gone case !!

that case maybe need divine power's assistance leow  [angel]

Agree bro !! Sugar king robert kuok " I don't hire based on PHD or MBA, I hire for the person"s aptitude and attitude. Same like 4D and toto, if we try we go chance. No try, zero chance!!

Jobs won't come to us, we got to find and fight for the job. If "hungry" enough, we will do the necessary. Put in our fair share of effort and try. Write a nice resume and email. Very difficult meh ?? Try & try. Keep trying....

If sit and wait, very fast become sitting duck. The day when we give up trying is waiting for dooms day!! And then, resort to Uber and taxi....very fast game over!!

Sounds like those tone deaf ppl I see on tv that go for audition for those idol/talent/superstar competition. [laugh]

Reminds me of "She bangs, she bangs." :XD:

will.jpg

Thought u just changed job the year b4?

4 years liaoz.

very fast hor.

lol

had a couple of great years here. but lotsa things have changed recently. time to move on before i outstay my welcome.

LOL...haha. Ya, last 2 months I applied also..not many, think 2 jobs. Den my ex colleague told me say someone called him to do secret background reference check on me. Best part, not yet even interview nor I provided any reference in resume. Nowadays, the HR "power" and anonymous, they don't reveal calling from where haha. I also "STUN" !!!

Ya, cases like this is usually they wanna have applicants to "back up" in case staff resign so they can invite for interviews immediately. Start year, sometimes they also do HR budgeting for head counts etc.

So, those peeps wanna change job better send now, send the more the better. After CNY, the flood gates will open!!

Is it true that chances are higher via "referral" from someone in the company ??

think depends on how high level that person is bah...

rule of thumb. the higher the better. the hiring manager also will give face.

bro, just apply.. even if you think it's supposed to be your boss' job, or scope is somewhat out from what u are skilled in

i did... and was pleasantly surprised the company called me up for interview.

now after a few rounds interview and a siong siong 4-hr behavioral assessment, i'm waiting for the final meeting with HR to discuss the job offer.  :a-happy:

353c741103e498cad78de61d316a2e6e.jpg

• Praise 4

4 years liaoz.

very fast hor.

lol

had a couple of great years here. but lotsa things have changed recently. time to move on before i outstay my welcome.

think depends on how high level that person is bah...

rule of thumb. the higher the better. the hiring manager also will give face.

353c741103e498cad78de61d316a2e6e.jpg

Yeah time flies, I am also waiting for the right opportunity

All the best on your job interviews, hope to hear your good news soon!

• Praise 7

I also wanna change job. with US$100/meal budget, go hkg jiak roast goose & western food

:XD:

got such good job... can intro?

People say it's important who we know. But, it's more important who know U !!

Competitive job market now..better start finding some side line to do!! I now got partner doing all car motor insurance, include commercial vehicles ( van, lorry, trucks etc.)..no more PW la, no turning back Liao. Haha

Can't imagine at 50 yrs old still need to Chiong, got a good 10-15 years to go..

Got contact Y.S. lee ?? He should be doing well now...open many business.

Ya. He Even cosmetic and beauty products also doing. In fact Hian new partner is a Friend of mine

no wonder more and more companies are coming up with stringent policies on employees doing own commercial work during working hours using company resources 

[shakehead]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1