Any jobless/job seekers ard?

Peqasus

ermm...

don't know what to say.. to cry or to laugh.. :D

Haha. Honestly, don't think you need to help to publicize the open positions here because your industry is quite niche.

Most of the experienced people in the industry already know which companies there are and if they are hiring.

Entry level position then different story.

Wah lau. You paste the whole orbituary here.

↡ Advertisement

There was another guy from ST Marine, during the launch of our vessel, he sat beside me on the way to the launch site. He told me he with ST very long liao, more than 20+ years after he graduate. I didnt know who he was, so just chat with him on the bus journey. When we reached the site, he passed me his name card and told me to look for me if needed.

I saw the name card and blur. Senior VP of the yard lah!!! Very humble and nice guy. No airs at all. [shocked]

Supercharged

Your company still have so many openings? Who say economy is no good? 

Anyway, ST companies should be very good? Cause i have one friend, worked in ST very long liao, think since he stepped out from army until now and still with the company. And heard he just changed to a new car recently.

still ok, as an employee. we hope for the best to the company.

economy is really slow, no commercial projects.

yeah, there are many pioneers in the company.

my boss, works like 38 years.

U know the old man, head of Diesel Department whom just passed away? 

I knew him during my poly industrial attachment. Followed by, meeting him a few times during my reservist.

attachicon.gifIMG-20170112-WA0001.jpg

nope, but I had heard of his name before

Looks like many cases of people we know have worked in ST companies for a long period of time, and maybe whole life only one employer ah?! Lol. Dont know it is the benefits and salary in ST companies is very good? If not why these people never change job?

Supercharged

Haha. Honestly, don't think you need to help to publicize the open positions here because your industry is quite niche.

Most of the experienced people in the industry already know which companies there are and if they are hiring.

Entry level position then different story.

Wah lau. You paste the whole orbituary here.

actually, its not that niche.

I also don't have any background nor knowledge in marine, but people are willing to give me a chance to learn which I am, till date, very thankful.

hence, don't let it be a hinder.

There was another guy from ST Marine, during the launch of our vessel, he sat beside me on the way to the launch site. He told me he with ST very long liao, more than 20+ years after he graduate. I didnt know who he was, so just chat with him on the bus journey. When we reached the site, he passed me his name card and told me to look for me if needed.

I saw the name card and blur. Senior VP of the yard lah!!! Very humble and nice guy. No airs at all. [shocked]

yeah, the VP or senior management are very nice people.

man of calibre and with good leadership.

only a number actually comes from the navy, the rest, are those who work their way up.

this is what I like about the company.

male environment.

servicing the nation and public.

• Praise 1

yeah, the VP or senior management are very nice people.

man of calibre and with good leadership.

only a number actually comes from the navy, the rest, are those who work their way up.

this is what I like about the company.

male environment.

servicing the nation and public.

Hehe. 

Sounds like you have problem with women  [dizzy]

• Praise 1

Looks like many cases of people we know have worked in ST companies for a long period of time, and maybe [color=rgb(40,40,40)whole life only one employer ah?! Lol. Dont know it is the benefits and salary in ST companies is very good? If not why these people never change job?[/color]

thats the mentality of our older generations........they seldom jump ship for better pay.

not being disrespectful, but indeed women bosses are much difficult to work and deal with. Most females would also agree. [laugh]

Hehe. 

Edited by Kangadrool

my company still got some openings if anyone is keen.

mainly technican, commercial executive, engineer, supervisor, department head, manager, accountant, security guard.

in marine industry.

pm me if keen.

so many positions vacant? How company operate now? even security guard also run road.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Looks like many cases of people we know have worked in ST companies for a long period of time, and maybe whole life only one employer ah?! Lol. Dont know it is the benefits and salary in ST companies is very good? If not why these people never change job?

Once a ST, forever a ST   [laugh]  [laugh]

Got chio bu in the company?

He already said male environment and listed it as a perk.

You ask for chio bu.

Edited by Kusje

Supercharged

Hehe. 

yeah.. I admit..

I don't like to work with women if possible.

micro managers which makes me feel so suffocate..

I prefer regimental environment  

so many positions vacant? How company operate now? even security guard also run road.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

many meh?

use to be even more.

it's a tough and dirty job.

not many people can take it.

long working hours.

for security, their jobs are equally tough.

doing checks on traffic in and out under the sun..

He already said male environment and listed it as a perk.

You ask for chio bu.

Wah lau.... then the environment very dry. Very hard to drag my feet to office everyday [dizzy]:wacko:

thats the mentality of our older generations........they seldom jump ship for better pay.

Not really must be older generations la. My friend not from older generation and yet can stay so long in ST?! Lol.

Supercharged

Once a ST, forever a ST   [laugh]  [laugh]

yeah, well said.

actually a lot of good benefits, I went to STA did my car inspection, and got discount.

go Telco, also got discount.

Not really must be older generations la. My friend not from older generation and yet can stay so long in ST?! Lol.

but......he older than you right?...
↡ Advertisement