Newborn child naming

Epsilon

Hi all,

I would like to know how many of you parents are using Feng Shui master service to name your child. What are the cost like and when do I need to do it?

Got any good and affordable feng shui service to recommend?

Thanks,

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I went to Jing Zi Long for my son and daughter.

http://www.jingzilong.com/

Charges is $88.

Give them a call and say you want to get a set of characters for your child. They'll ask for your name, your spouse name, and the date and time of birth of your child. They'll contact you again once they are done (about 3 days). Go down there and they'll explain the various aspect on how they come up with the set of Chinese characters.

There a lot of Singaporeans going for You Long Zi, the charges is $100 I think. But I'm not sure where's the location or contact.

Edited by Kermitty

(edited)

Upper bukit timah road opposite mindef, theres a shell station. beside it got a small shophouse,the first shop is the little temple.

my name was given there but not sure the person still around anot.i was wierd why my name sound not v common n quite funny..till recently i more into Fengshui,then alot master said my name suit very well for my DOB, the Tian,Di,Ren serve the purpose..

if not can try bugis there,the shop facing the temple one...a small shop beside a bread shop,usually u ask around there where is the auntie who see such v good one..pple will know

problem is she see till 2pm..and people usually queue v early..as early as 4-5am..angbao will do

Edited by Freestylers09

Do you guys really think it'll work? I mean all this using 'feng shui' to name a child and all? My parents used that on me and look at how I turned out!!

Do you guys really think it'll work? I mean all this using 'feng shui' to name a child and all? My parents used that on me and look at how I turned out!!

So how did you turn out bro? [shocked]

(edited)

i think mostly people who are superstitious then believe in this. myself i dont but my in laws do, so i had to go with their expectation. i think it has to do with the number of strokes and has to match with the birth date and time. is this the 16th century ?

Edited by Vextan

Hi all,

I would like to know how many of you parents are using Feng Shui master service to name your child. What are the cost like and when do I need to do it?

Got any good and affordable feng shui service to recommend?

Thanks,

You don't need a feng Shui master to name your child...you just need to make sure you bring up your child with the best values.

Whatever Names or numbers don't count ....what counts is whether you child grows up being calculative or not with their parents! :D

======================================================================

Who know?/...even the Feng Shui master themselves are NOT getting any good luck!

Turbocharged

i think mostly people who are superstitious then believe in this. myself i dont but my in laws do, so i had to go with their expectation. i think it has to do with the number of strokes and has to match with the birth date and time. is this the 16th century ?

alot of people too much $$ to spend lah, and dun pi cha the fend shui master's lobang lah. one willing to give one willing to take..

if u need name for your child, ask from ah gong lah, free of charge [sly]

Neutral Newbie

Full of sh*t lor!! Haha! Read my profile for more info lah...

Bro...look at the bright side lah....maybe it could be worse if not for your name leh...

if u believe means got,if not bo lor...just like alot other things..

actually alot of things is extracted from I Ching,from modern engineering to shun zi bin fa...etc..1 of the Jing amount the 3..

http://www.chinapage.com/classic/iching/binary.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Ching

if its crap,dont tink wikipedia will mention in it too... <_<

Neutral Newbie

Depends on your thoughts for Chinese names, some feel not impt as most will use English name why waste $$$

As for me, Chinese name is impt as it's the root and also China will be a superpower country and a meaningful Chinese name might be useful.

Hence as kaisu parents, we want the best for our child and start looking for Chinese characters to form meaningful names, it turned out quite tough as you might find sound good in Chinese but once convert to dialect names...sound funny and also not to forget comments from parents and in-laws...

So engage a master to 'shortlist' the characters in which certain characters for middle and last name. Then, you can mis and match the names you want...less headache lah...

my 2 cts worth...

go popular and buy a book on how to name your child. Cheap and fun process. My first child's name is chosen like that. very nice name also. Sound like Korean.

Supercharged

in singapore, chinese name has got limited impact because we seldom write or address another guy by his chinese name......the logic is like if you have the 倚天剑 but no chance to use it, then the sword is just decorative niah.....some fs master ask their client to write their own chinese name 100 times to achieve the effect....this sounds more like a punishment meted out by a teacher to his primary school children....haha....also a lot of fs master only consider the impact of the stroke of the chinese name. they do not consider the impact of the 5-elements sound of the name which is actually ore important than the strokes.

(edited)

in singapore, chinese name has got limited impact because we seldom write or address another guy by his chinese name......the logic is like if you have the 倚天剑 but no chance to use it, then the sword is just decorative niah.....some fs master ask their client to write their own chinese name 100 times to achieve the effect....this sounds more like a punishment meted out by a teacher to his primary school children....haha....also a lot of fs master only consider the impact of the stroke of the chinese name. they do not consider the impact of the 5-elements sound of the name which is actually ore important than the strokes.

Spare a thot for the child. Imagine getting him/her a chinese name which u also have prob writing or pronouncing. Same when u give ur child an english name. See many fanciful name. All sound the same but spell differently. pls lah.

Edited by Kingcopa

sound and pronounciation also will affect?

no wonder Zhang said my pronounciation bring down the stroke..if not will be v good..ask me change name,remain the stroke -.-

Supercharged

haha fanciful names also appear whether in english or chinese....i have seen many fanciful names until i want to burst out laughing haha....a good fsm dont usually give strange names......anyway the practice we all see common in the market is based on strokes method developed by a japanese.....so i am not even convinced that's the best way for Chinese to go about giving chinese names.....that's why it is the sound more than the stroke that matters

Supercharged

yeah good masters also consider the sound.....in the market a lot of half past six masters only know how to consider the stroke.

↡ Advertisement