Newborn child naming

Epsilon

bro, possible to highlight a little by pm if u dont mind [thumbsup] ,

as i'm quite keen to know results of these naming as statics purposes only [pirate]

↡ Advertisement

my daughter's name is chosen by You Long Zi...sort of. he (or his son) will ask for your kid birth date and will come out with 12 middle name and 12 last name. the middle name can be used as the last name and vice versa, hence u have 144 combinations. if you have a certain name pronouciation in mind, they will come up with a character that have that pronouciation.

along with the name recommendation, they will tell you the kid's fortune, his/her life, what to avoid etc....up to u to believe or not. the charge is $100.

their shop now is along mountbatten opposite CDAC just after lor 30 (i think). there a famous soon kuey shop at that corner.

(i don't work for him hor)

my daughter's name is chosen by You Long Zi...sort of. he (or his son) will ask for your kid birth date and will come out with 12 middle name and 12 last name. the middle name can be used as the last name and vice versa, hence u have 144 combinations. if you have a certain name pronouciation in mind, they will come up with a character that have that pronouciation.

along with the name recommendation, they will tell you the kid's fortune, his/her life, what to avoid etc....up to u to believe or not. the charge is $100.

their shop now is along mountbatten opposite CDAC just after lor 30 (i think). there a famous soon kuey shop at that corner.

what famous soon kuey shop?? i live there practically..

*gluten*

[sunny]

My 1st child was name by YLZ too but i find them too commercialize, it's computer printed onto those red "wedding card", looks good if you do a scrapbook but i feel it's too commercialize. When my 2nd child cames, we go to another FS master recommended by my sister, he know immediately that my 1st child is named by some FS master, say it's good but not prefect, say the previous FS master has miss out something.

He don't want to rename him either say it's all fated so no point renaming. Anyway in the end, me, my wife and the 2nd child all rename after his advices.

It's either you believe or not but i sure feel that after renaming, everything i do is very smooth from there onwards.

My 1st child was name by YLZ too but i find them too commercialize, it's computer printed onto those red "wedding card", looks good if you do a scrapbook but i feel it's too commercialize. When my 2nd child cames, we go to another FS master recommended by my sister, he know immediately that my 1st child is named by some FS master, say it's good but not prefect, say the previous FS master has miss out something.

He don't want to rename him either say it's all fated so no point renaming. Anyway in the end, me, my wife and the 2nd child all rename after his advices.

It's either you believe or not but i sure feel that after renaming, everything i do is very smooth from there onwards.

hi, can you pm me the address of the FS master that was recommended by your sister?

thanks.

Twincharged

when i wanted to buy my flat, i also thot abt FS .... but advise given was once you start, you must go all the way, else it wud not work.

i dunno if it works for names too' meaning, once the FS master names the child, one might have to go back to see the master every now and then to plan for the child's future.

anyway, my clan has a namebook with all the names for our descendents already written out, just pick one out for that particular generation.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I would like to know how many of you parents are using Feng Shui master service to name your child. What are the cost like and when do I need to do it?

Got any good and affordable feng shui service to recommend?

Thanks,

Hi,

I asked both Chen Jun Rong (Fu Lu Shou building) and You Long Zi (Gullimard Road) for a list of names. I finally chose one from Chen Jun Rong's list.

Not expensive (can't remember the exact price), nothing compared to the gynae and hospital bills!

I first checked on my Family Tree as my dad followed it strictly. Therefore, the first two characters of the name is fixed. Most bros here used the company in Toa Payoh. I did too. After that, I used a website to ensure that the optimum name in terms of elements is chosen. You can try:

http://www.y28predictions.com/program/template/name/name.php

For me, after the I nailed the Chinese name, I choose the dialect name for my kid based on Teochew translations as I am one. Hope it helps.

Hi all,

I would like to know how many of you parents are using Feng Shui master service to name your child. What are the cost like and when do I need to do it?

Got any good and affordable feng shui service to recommend?

Thanks,

I first checked on my Family Tree as my dad followed it strictly. Therefore, the first two characters of the name is fixed. Most bros here used the company in Toa Payoh. I did too. After that, I used a website to ensure that the optimum name in terms of elements is chosen. You can try:

http://www.y28predictions.com/program/template/name/name.php

For me, after the I nailed the Chinese name, I choose the dialect name for my kid based on Teochew translations as I am one. Hope it helps.

thank you!

Your reply is 8 years late.

He should have named his child already.

It will be weird if an 8 year old kid still has no name.

Twincharged

Your reply is 8 years late.

He should have named his child already.

It will be weird if an 8 year old kid still has no name.

i named my son after discussing with my wife ... we shortlisted 3 names ... and i decided on the one ... no need to look for what master as they will not be looking after the kid in the later years.

i am traditional ... so surname, then generation name, then chosen name.

Edited by Ysc3

i named my son after discussing with my wife ... we shortlisted 3 names ... and i decided on the one ... no need to look for what master as they will not be looking after the kid in the later years.

i am traditional ... so surname, then generation name, then chosen name.

Well, people in the past just hantum any name when the child was born.

That's why names like Tan Akau is so easily remembered.  [laugh]

Twincharged

That's why names like Tan Akau is so easily remembered.  [laugh]

who would have thought that 木財 (木材)could be a successful name.

That's why names like Tan Akau is so easily remembered. [laugh]

Sigh...my mum didn't source for FS master to name me.

Otherwise yesterday night I would strike rich...quick go ask my mum why me name not choose not by a FS.

Lucky my not ah kau, ah eng, ah seng, hahaha

Well some people in the past believed it's better to use a low profile name or the gods may take the baby away. Mortality rate was high when hygiene standards were poor.

Wrong.. should be putting ear ring on boy boy. My right ear did has a small hole up till teen. I was thinking mum so trendy. Only realise they scare ghost will come catch/take me away. Haha I laugh it off and loved my mum even more. Hahaha Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement