Buy cooking oil from JB

Nolicense

Hi,

I tried searching the malaysia customs website but can't understand malay and can't find the information.

Is it ok to buy cooking oil from JB or is the ban still on? thanks

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

of cos can buy.but don buy too much la.i tink the restriction is more on spore side.i normally buy 2 bottles.

MY classify items such as suger ,cooking oil as controled items because they are subsidised

Officially I think they can be brought out of MY in a limited quantity

But of course the shortage crisis is over so they seldom or dun even check

last time when they banned it, they used to randomly stop cars and check. Those found with the cooking oil were asked to go inside a customs office.

Now I'm not sure if it's still banned but please be aware that even in the new customs, they also randomly check the car boot when you leave msia for SG.

Cooking oil there is very very cheap and last time we even went to factories to buy direct. But I've stopped buying long time ago, even long before the ban. Coz if you see...most of the cheap cooking oil are like peanut oil. Nowadays we try to use Sunflower oil for frying, canola for most other cooking and olive oil occasionally and I think these are cheaper here....anyway nowadays we try to minimize on oil use.

wah, sunflower, canola and olive oil.. not cheap even if its cheaper here than MY..

I think I'll pass..

Turbocharged

i disagree on the sunflower and canola oil. i bought them every mth...n it is definitely cheaper there. for a 3kg bottle..its abt RM20-25. n if u r not too fussy abt brand...i for example will buy the house brand sunflower/canola oil.definitely cheaper.

i disagree on the sunflower and canola oil. i bought them every mth...n it is definitely cheaper there. for a 3kg bottle..its abt RM20-25. n if u r not too fussy abt brand...i for example will buy the house brand sunflower/canola oil.definitely cheaper.

3kg canola oil....if you compare house brand with house brand, then you'll be able to find NTUC canola oil at about $7+ for 3kg. Your housebrand over there...you meant Carrefour brand issit? Or Giant?

All the while I thought it was peanut oil. But could be a mixture of palm + peanut? Anyway maybe someone can look at the bottle's ingredient and advise here.

Anyway, both ingredients...should try to consume less. I only use them when I have to fry alot of things esp for those parties at home. Fry liao throw away - cheap. But actually the best for frying is sunflower oil but it's quite expensive.

Is Knife brand peanut oil or palm oil?

Wats the best oil for deep frying? anyone? thanks

Confirm Sunflower oil is the best for deep frying. I remembered reading that it's the only oil that retains it's properties and doesn't degrade during high temperature cooking such as deep frying.

Oils such as Olive oil .... cannot tahan deep frying. Canola we use for day-day stir fry it's ok. Not deep frying.

But I've also seen ppl frying using sesame oil? Not sure if tahan or not.

Is Knife brand peanut oil or palm oil?

Wats the best oil for deep frying? anyone? thanks

mixture of peanut and palm oil.

knife is [thumbsdown] [thumbsdown]

these days already switch to olive, sunflower, soya bean, canola

normally i will buy Fairprice olive oil. stop eating palm oil, it's bad...

Turbocharged

i normally go tesco.sometimes i will buy the sunlico or nutarel brand also.same like those found in spore.but cheaper. i will buy 1 big bottle of normal oil for frying...n the sunflower/canola oil for cooking. i tink will soon switch to sunflower/canola oil totally. my house a lot of cooking n frying...so cannot tahan if use totally sunflower oil.

I think I read that canola, palm and rapeseed oil are inedible. They need to be hydrogenised to be used as cooking oil.

i think knife brand just says vegetable oil on the label. haiz.. the other oils just so expensive.

Turbocharged

if can use the sunflower oil i tink will b most ideal....but also most expensive. if a household cook very little...best to use this. my household total got 5 adult n 3 kids...so imagine the amt of cooking.if totally use sunflower oil...i tink the oil will cook my pockets till burnt!hehehe

↡ Advertisement