2009 Skoda Octavia

Shouyi

Hi,

Anybody knows when the car will be coming to Singapore ? It has a new 1.4 TSI engine that is shared with the Jetta, not to mention the 7 speed DSG gearbox. Looks promising if priced reasonably.

↡ Advertisement

Spoke to the Sales guy b4, saying that it would most likely be in hatch or sedan. Coming in Q3.

I was very impressed when i heard abt the Superb and the gizmos that came with it and thought that it would be a hit in Spore, but whn i see it for the 1st time in the showroom, tho its still a gd car, I somehow felt that its still inferior to others in the VW grp. Esp the design of the big badge upfront. Think the only consolation is that its very value for $$.

So from that, I felt that Skoda still has a long way to go to change the mentality of ppl. [smallcry]

Hopefully this will change for the better thn the new Octavia reach our shores.

it's coming in july, next month...

available first in 5dr notchback, before the estate version comes...1.4TSI produces 120bhp or 160bhp...

they may also bring in the 2.0L 211bhp from the GTi...

it's more or less the same size as the current model...interior is also the same, only with upgraded materials...it's just a facelift...

current model 1.6L 104bhp version selling at $74,000 thereabouts...

expect the 1.4TSI to sell above that price...

definitely a better buy than the stupid VW Golf...saw one on the roads...the front just look like a modified Mk 5...looks plain stupid...it just won't sell at the price of $86,800...

the Octavia has more rear legroom, more boot space, and rear air-con...much more luxurious...shoulder room is the same as that of the Superb...

(edited)

available first in 5dr notchback, before the estate version comes...1.4TSI produces 120bhp or 160bhp...

it's more or less the same size as the current model...interior is also the same, only with upgraded materials...it's just a facelift...

definitely a better buy than the stupid VW Golf...saw one on the roads...the front just look like a modified Mk 5...looks plain stupid...it just won't sell at the price of $86,800...

the Octavia has more rear legroom, more boot space, and rear air-con...much more luxurious...shoulder room is the same as that of the Superb...

But the tail light look super out dated and ugly. Why their headlight and bonnet look similar as the new Superb but the taillight remain similar as the provious model?

What about the wheelbase length? Still as short as 2,578 mm? Civic is 2700mm and lots of similar cat is already above 2600 mm mark

Edited by Axela72

I don't think that it will be fitted with the 160bhp unit. In other parts of the world, it comes either with the 1.4 TSI (122bhp) or the 1.8 TSI.

But the tail light look super out dated and ugly. Why their headlight and bonnet look similar as the new Superb but the taillight remain similar as the provious model?

What about the wheelbase length? Still as short as 2,578 mm? Civic is 2700mm and lots of similar cat is already above 2600 mm mark

Mazda3's wheelbase is 2640mm but is much tigther than the Golf (2578mm)... sometimes number doesn't mean everything, it's also about how the manufacturers design the cars.

[drivingcar]

The DSG sounds nice... but how is it in practical operation? failure rates? maints etc?... must be ex to maintain two clutch and change both at once...

in fact Skoda would have the same interior build quality as VW...

DSG is reliable...however, during slow speeds, shifts will be noticable...especially during traffic jams...so you'll have to be patient and adapt to the car...

I agree...from picts on net, the backside needs to be "uplifted" [rolleyes]

European design is not the same as Japanese design.

you can't compare sushi with frankfurter.

i think Harvest Automobiles still have to market the Skoda brand image...since they started selling the Superb, hardly see any units on the road, despite not being used as taxi...

the Octavia should sell like the Ford Focus, if they price it to beat the Ford...

the Roomster at $64,000 also not selling...

Supercharged

Roomster -> they should have brought in the traditional manual. Most people still have reservations on DSG gearbox.

autos dominate the market,

but you think manual will sell better than the highly praised DSG?! [smash]

↡ Advertisement