Purchasing a resale property: need help

Sofarsogood

Combined income abt $13k per month. Only got car. Still servicing HDB loan but not much left. Cash+CPF can meet 20% of purchase price.

Cash + CPF can meet 20% only.

Honestly , very borderline.... maybe save a bit longer and wait.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

? why bordeline???

U never include his hdb which is almost fully paid up. I think that will probably contribute to like 50% of the condo price. So he need to borrow only like 30% right?

wait somemore I think no need to borrow money from bank anymore...

Edited by Wind30

Actually the newer HDB flats are better designed than condo, minus the swimming pool, tennis court and security guards.

On and off, government also give out money or rebates to HDB dwellers which Condo owners can only smell from far far.

For us, we only reach home after 10pm most nights, just to sleep only. I rather use the money to see the world and not be a slave to the debts of a new condo. 800K plus obscene interest stretched over 30 years is no joke. If suddenly no job/income, really got to 跳楼。

[shakehead]

I have viewed a few of the new hdb units as my frens has bought them....... the layout sucks, the area that is indicated includes all fittings even those outside the place. And the prices between HDB and Condo is really quite close now........

600 to 600+k can get a freehold condo (<5yrs) in geylang or a top floor hdb unit (>15yrs)....

Bro, have to compare apple to apple lah. Location, Size etc.

Anyway, if u buy condo in Geylang, make sure you got cash hor.

There is a news report that bank will not loan for properties in Geylang some time back.

I have viewed a few of the new hdb units as my frens has bought them....... the layout sucks, the area that is indicated includes all fittings even those outside the place. And the prices between HDB and Condo is really quite close now........

600 to 600+k can get a freehold condo (<5yrs) in geylang or a top floor hdb unit (>15yrs)....

(edited)

Bro, have to compare apple to apple lah. Location, Size etc.

Anyway, if u buy condo in Geylang, make sure you got cash hor.

There is a news report that bank will not loan for properties in Geylang some time back.

seriously, size is quite big.... if i rem correctly, the one i view is about 1k+ sqft..... with 3 bedrooms.

Geylang is not a good location? if lets say compared against toapayoh...... IMHO i think geylang is a very goood location but you must buy lor 40+ or high 30s....

I personally will choose geylang over toa payoh, bishan, etc....

news report? take it with a pinch of salt......

Its near the city, nicoll highway, pie, kpe, ecp not too far, 24hr food, geylang med sch and dunman high at tanjong rhu.... its central..... whats bad about the location? you have 2 mrts with the new circle line interchange at paya lebar mrt...... I seriously do not understand why people is baised against geylang.

If not because i do not want to be burdened with a heavy loan i would have got a unit there.

PS i am not a property agent.......

Edited by Galantspeedz

Twincharged

anyone DIY buying/selling of HDB flat ?

am thinking of buying over my parent's flat so to free up their CPF monies as we might be needing the cash soon for medical use.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

8 years later... Almost a decade liao.

So still save and wait a bit longer?

• Praise 1

Mods will be very happy with me for searching before opening a new thread.

Anyway title is perfect.

I am also buying a resale and need help.

Any amount is fine please send cash or just bank into my account.

Thanks very much in advance.

:D

↡ Advertisement