Anyone buy car and pay FULL CASH? Why? Clever or Stupid?

SZY

I certainly didn't think I owned my ride when I had to cough up tens of thousands bucks to renew the COE to allow me to continue using something I had fully paid for.

Sure sure but if you fully paid, you can decide what you wanna do with it at least within the 10 yrs.

Definitely different from RENT.

Thats the point.

Otherwise, 99.9% of Singaporeans lives are "rented" to put in your context crudely

Good weekend

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Sure sure but if you fully paid, you can decide what you wanna do with it at least within the 10 yrs.

Definitely different from RENT.

Thats the point.

Otherwise, 99.9% of Singaporeans lives are "rented" to put in your context crudely

Good weekend

well, in a different context, HDB is 99 yr lease. Some where down the road with the land cost rising, its going to be 60 yr lease. 

Then FH would be a bargain LOL

Twincharged

What's clever for one may be stupid for another I guess.

And then there is time to complicate the issue. What's clever at one point of life may be silly at another point.

Overall speaking it is smarter for most to avoid the car loan interest if they could afford it.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

So this was probably 2007, he was probably investing in a euphoric bull market and feeling like Midas, since he buy everything all make money. Many people are like that. Feel that their analysis and stock pick is like a GOD.

Then they get burnt... they swear off investment all together... Blames everyone but themselves saying entire market is a scam.

Win, they are god. Lose? Other people bluff/mislead/scam them, other wise they will never lose.

Agreed
  • Praise 3

well, in a different context, HDB is 99 yr lease. Some where down the road with the land cost rising, its going to be 60 yr lease.

Tell you a secret.

I ONLY buy FReehold property.

Heeheee

Twincharged

the difference for my comprehensive and 3rd party is about $250. not worth the savings. 

How come so little? The difference for mine is around $750.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Date concept why HDB Flats are shrinking in size despite being more costly

Turbocharged

How come so little? The difference for mine is around $750.

I think it depends a lot on what car you are driving, your profile etc. mine just a bread and butter car 

I think it depends a lot on what car you are driving, your profile etc. mine just a bread and butter car

If you have 50% NCD, not much difference these days. Used to be more when the industry was bleeding. There was a time I paid $500 for TPT, now it is mission impossible. I go comprehensive these days.

Supersonic

Pay full cash or loan, or how much loan to take all depend on individual's financial ability. Assuming one has $1million disposible cash, he would probably has 60% to 80% in investment, leaving about 200k or 400k for other purpose like rainy days etc. By putting these money in FD and go take a bank loan is not wise for him, so he will rather pay full cash. But for those who need the cash for other purpose, like investment or taking a larger risk, then he might take loan. It is not about smart or stupid but all boils down to individual's financial ability and risk appetite .

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

1 million disposable cash is being mentioned a lot in various mcf threads

seems like most mcfers except peasant me have it

Twincharged

ðð±ð¬

You already have 70%. Keep it up!
  • Praise 2

(edited)

If one can find an investment that guarantees principal at end of tenure and (not or) return of above 5% p.a, then it is better off taking a loan and investing the cash.

Because effectively, that is what one is doing when you pay full cash. 

Edited by Alfc
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

You already have 70%. Keep it up!

bro, 70% was mentioned at least 3 years ago liao

with 5% yield ... smelly smelly 80%+ liao ... lol

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

bro, 70% was mentioned at least 3 years ago liao

with 5% yield ... smelly smelly 80%+ liao ... lol

Yes he has been keeping things up his sleeve so nobody knows the most updated figure. Edited by Showster
↡ Advertisement