Anyone buy car and pay FULL CASH? Why? Clever or Stupid?

SZY

Hypersonic

full loan best... no need big pocket or bring anything to pay

sales person will even provide a pen to sign here and there

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Instead of buy car with full cash, Is full loan still available in the market ?  Which company offers full loan ? 

I saw some Ads for full loan but looks like for commercial vehicle and PHV.

Singapore's largest note in circulation is $10,000. Make prior arrangement with bank to collect the notes required. Your $50,000 will be 5 pieces of notes only. However, not safe to carry so much cash around. Just get bank to issue cashier's order or bank cheque.

Negotiate with SE for maximum amount of down payment with credit card. Does wonders for credit card points!

The ADs not stupid, as for them it's a big hole if they allow to use CC.

I know Komoco does, but they charge additional 2% for doing so, which renders any savings quite marginal.

The only card i found got some advantage after this, is Manhattan card, but that one got cap rebate too... maxed out also nett peanuts only...

Actually 50k worth of $50 notes also not that big stack la. Can put in one pocket. Done that when I was renewing my COE last Dec. One small stack in my pocket only.

wah bro, so you actually carried cash to renew COE... no wonder you said other banks (apart from SCB)' transfer got limit.

but 1000 pcs of $50 notes... wear cargo pants also siong leh... you really brave to do this. Not scared got thieves found out and hold you up and straightaway removed your pants and run away?  [laugh]

The ADs not stupid, as for them it's a big hole if they allow to use CC.

I know Komoco does, but they charge additional 2% for doing so, which renders any savings quite marginal.

The only card i found got some advantage after this, is Manhattan card, but that one got cap rebate too... maxed out also nett peanuts only...

wah bro, so you actually carried cash to renew COE... no wonder you said other banks (apart from SCB)' transfer got limit.

but 1000 pcs of $50 notes... wear cargo pants also siong leh... you really brave to do this. Not scared got thieves found out and hold you up and straightaway removed your pants and run away? [laugh]

Do they accept $1 coins?

Do they accept $1 coins?

Theres a law by MAS, certain dominations can only pay by certain amount.

Etc 50cent max payment up to $100 etc..

Twincharged

but 1000 pcs of $50 notes... wear cargo pants also siong leh... you really brave to do this. Not scared got thieves found out and hold you up and straightaway removed your pants and run away?  [laugh]

No one will know ma. I was scared so withdraw the cash the day before so no one knows when I got the cash with me lo. Only took out the money when sitting down at the counter to renew COE.

No choice but to use cash cuz I did too last minute. COE expiring the next day and cheque need time to clear also.

Edited by Nzy

No one will know ma. I was scared so withdraw the cash the day before so no one knows when I got the cash with me lo. Only took out the money when sitting down at the counter to renew COE.

No choice but to use cash cuz I did too last minute. COE expiring the next day and cheque need time to clear also.

The feeling shiok right? Esp when u take out the stacks of notes and show hand at the counter...

Later they give you the various parts of the car and ask you to ownself assemble [laugh]

Oh... Small denomination got limit ah.... Tot wan to be like jover chew ma...

Supersonic

Wa liew....u fellas neber heard of using cashiers order ah? Taking Sifu's "Pay Full Cash" mantra too literally........LOL

Twincharged

The feeling shiok right? Esp when u take out the stacks of notes and show hand at the counter...

Actually it seems like most people who go counter to renew COE also take one stack out to pay. Lol. The counter on my left and right also using the bill counter to count the stack of notes.

Twincharged

Actually it seems like most people who go counter to renew COE also take one stack out to pay. Lol. The counter on my left and right also using the bill counter to count the stack of notes.

Cause it's immediate especially on the last day of renewal. Give cashier order or cheque might have some delays and then you give lta the excuse to add late fees.

My personal take.

In Singapore context and current economic situation, to buy a big ticket item, one need first to evaluate if it is a need or a want. Don't let your emotions or decision be influence by the sweet talking ego stroking salesperson. Also bearing in mind that a car is a depreciating asset.

Then you need to determine if you can afford it, not just the deposit but the monthly instalment. Taking note that your assessment should not be just now but over the coming years should anything happen to you financially can you still pay. Will you have added financial liabilities along the way, eg kids or for some Shui Qi look a like. or collection of vintage Rolex.

Next, to pay in full cash or instalment. If you got better use of your money and you are able to get better return than the interest you are paying for your instalment then by all means go for the instalment. Otherwise, pay in full cash.

Bottom line, do you really need a car? is it more for vanity? you are the only one who knows the answer? the decision made will have consequences and can you handle it?

• Praise 4

When the Trains don't break down, I always ask myself why waste money buy car?

When ever the trains break down, I always praise myself so smart but a car, not frustrated by the breakdown

My personal take.

In Singapore context and current economic situation, to buy a big ticket item, one need first to evaluate if it is a need or a want. Don't let your emotions or decision be influence by the sweet talking ego stroking salesperson. Also bearing in mind that a car is a depreciating asset.

Then you need to determine if you can afford it, not just the deposit but the monthly instalment. Taking note that your assessment should not be just now but over the coming years should anything happen to you financially can you still pay. Will you have added financial liabilities along the way, eg kids or for some Shui Qi look a like. or collection of vintage Rolex.

Next, to pay in full cash or instalment. If you got better use of your money and you are able to get better return than the interest you are paying for your instalment then by all means go for the instalment. Otherwise, pay in full cash.

Bottom line, do you really need a car? is it more for vanity? you are the only one who knows the answer? the decision made will have consequences and can you handle it?

In our society, there are many types or segments of folks:

Those who want and need a car

Those who want a car but don't need it

Those who need a car but don't want to buy

Those with need and want for car but cannot afford to buy

Those who can afford to buy car but don't have need or no want for it

Hence the market presents many opportunities for new car ADs, PIs, used car dealers, car rental firms, Uber, Grab, private hire vehicles, taxis, chartered car/limo services, car sharing schemes, public transport Operators (BMW), private transport companies, etc etc etc. There is enough business to go around the various segments.

Diversity makes our society great and more interesting.

• Praise 1

Pay full cash for coe renewal is ok cos ah gong wont take ur money n run.

Buy new or used car, best is to use loan facility, at least when u loan, the bank also own ur car till u redeem the loan. Also for PI and used car die also must take loan cos bank will help u check if previous owner has outstanding loan and if any discrepancy will call you to inform your loan application unsuccessful. Bank wont allow the PI to run off with their $ also banks onli dispense the $ to the PI once the car is registered. Buy PI or used car nt worth it to save tt extra $.

Buy frm AD if u ar cash rich juz pay in full n bear the penalty can liao

Edited by alex976
↡ Advertisement