Anyone buy car and pay FULL CASH? Why? Clever or Stupid?

SZY

(edited)

I would love to get the T5. Have that turbo feeling everyday. [flowerface]

The Superb 3.6ltr also not so bad. [inlove]

But both are well above 100k........feel its too high a price to pay for a car. Full cash or not. [:(]

Edited by Hiphiphoray
↡ Advertisement

I pay full for both my odyssey and mazda3sp

i don't like to be in debt.

some believe there's such thing called good debt vs bad debt.

i believe in NO debt.

B.S.

No debt ...totally in NO debt means ..better NOT BUY any BIG ticket item lah.

Which translate to eithier you are dirt rich or .....with NO money at all to buy anything or not interested in using opportunity to make MORE Money with time!

Above list is not exhaustive becos it can also be ...'not knowing HOW to owe other ppl money and yet make money for yourself! :D

Got spare cash, pay cash...coz spare cash seating in the banks doesn't earn u much interests. By saving on the loan interest, u are actually better off. Bank pay 1% pa for savings whereas loans are effectively abt 4-5% pa, since u are paying the interest upfront.

If no cash, no choice got to pay banks interest lor...car salespeople also more willing to give free gifts since they also earn from your loan.

B.S.

Which translate to eithier you are dirt rich or .....with NO money at all to buy anything or not interested in using opportunity to make MORE Money with time!

Above list is not exhaustive becos it can also be ...'not knowing HOW to owe other ppl money and yet make money for yourself! :D

Wah seh, u very sharp. [lipsrsealed]

B.S.

The belief in "No Debt" doesnt have to mean that one totally avoids loans

The No Debt concept means that if at any one time if loans are called they can be fulfilled immediately.

Maybe you guys can each pay me $100, i conduct a course on this?

100 attendees every week, hhmmmm, not bad deal....

hahaha

(edited)

Anyone buy car and pay FULL CASH? Why? Clever or Stupid?

Pls share why u pay Full Cash and why not?

What are the Pros and Cons?

If u pay full cash? Wats your model? How much?

Is it wise to do so?

i paid cash for my second hand coupe (W209) and small loan short tenure for new sedan (B8).

paid cash cos the interest rate by the second hand dealer was high and wasn't worth it.

took small loan when buying new car to negotiate higher overtrade and misc goodies.

wise or not is up to the buyer. by all means take 10 years 100%, but MAKE SURE you can well afford it.

Edited by Viceroymenthol

The belief in "No Debt" doesnt have to mean that one totally avoids loans

The No Debt concept means that if at any one time if loans are called they can be fulfilled immediately.

Maybe you guys can each pay me $100, i conduct a course on this?

100 attendees every week, hhmmmm, not bad deal....

hahaha

eh T2,

u in finance?

can see that u'r quite savvy in $$$

(edited)

B.S.

I stay in HDB...

but I've two private properties fully paid for which i rent out.

Edited by Friendstar

(edited)

i am of the opinion that in general, property and business loans are good debt.

car loan or loan for any depreciating non-productive assets are bad debt.

Edited by Viceroymenthol

eh T2,

u in finance?

no lah, i wipe tables, remember ?

but I'm also living base on the No Debt concept.

i am of the opinion that in general, property and business loans are good debt.

car loan or loan for any depreciating non-productive assets are bad debt.

as long as dont over debt. heh heh

Turbocharged

eh T2,

u in finance?

no lah, he watch collector.. never see his avatar ah? [sly]

if you don't do a lot of investing, it's good of course to pay cash as car interest is not super high, but not great either. so btwn house and car loan, its always better to clear the latter.

n right or wrong lah, its depends on the package deals offered and also the financial status of the buyer.

Nowadays, the car dealers usually tie the financial package with the car price. Which means, if u r not getting loan from them, most likely the price will be higher. Komoco is the one of the minority that doesnt tie their car price to the bank loan based on the info i get during my last shopping in the month of May 09.

Interest rate is at record low now, no point to keep too much cash on hand, the interest offered by the bank is not enough to counter the inflation rate. From Financial point of view, it is better to spend while the value of the money is higher. however, there is another school of tot where they believe that the buyer should get the max loan while the interest rate is low... Due to the reason above, my friend work as a 2nd hand car dealer told me that there are 2 extreme group of buyers in the market. Buyers who try to get the max loan, and buyer to paid in full....

Neutral Newbie

Agee with all your reply full cash is the best save on interest and can get cheaper insurance on third party only. For me I think just chose a car that I can afford with my cash. If I can't get BMW. I jus get Mazda. If I can't get mazda, I get toyota, If can't get toyata I get Kia. Cash only.

Oh ? Fully paid cars can opt to buy just 3rd party insurance ? No need comprehensive ? Sorry for the innocent question, but I never fully pay my car before [bigcry]

Oh ? Fully paid cars can opt to buy just 3rd party insurance ? No need comprehensive ? Sorry for the innocent question, but I never fully pay my car before [bigcry]

i never knew that too.. my car fully paid but i am on comprehensive coverage.. hmmmm

plse compare SGD with SGD

dont compare cross currency. there are huge capital risks involved.

if you dont even understand these basic risks, good luck.....

[shakehead]

I make my money in AUD.

↡ Advertisement