Any lifespan for tyres?

Kurty

"Roaring like thunder ..."

Sounds very much like my Yokohama DB ES501 after 2 years. <_<

General pratice is 2 years or 40K whichever comes 1st [nod][nod][nod]

But some can stretch til 3-4 years if the mileage is really low .... but by then, the rubbers of the tyres should have already been damn harden & roaring like thunder when running on the road [dead]

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

ok, going down on sunday to get them rotate and balance.

My Yoko S-Drive after 1.5 years @ 32K mileage also roaring like thunder now :wacko:

I believe the rubbers are starting to hardened liao plus this is a grippy tyres which resulted so ... [nod]

mine already 2 yrs le..currently on 195/55/15..intend to change to 195/50/15.the last i change it at St****** Ty**..cost mi $360(falken 522) sumore say buy 3 free 1..ask them for 195/50/15 they say is more x for this profile...go hm check found tat 195/55 is more x ..

any 1 noe wats the current price for 195/50/15 tyre?i going for comfort.no more hard cornering for mi..

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Bro, in sillypore 90% hot all year round.If u frequent midday drive the tyre life will be shorten and not to forget driving style does count.

Neutral Newbie

Bro, in sillypore 90% hot all year round.If u frequent midday drive the tyre life will be shorten and not to forget driving style does count.

Neutral Newbie

I believe lifespan for storage is 3-6yrs. my gr80, 2yr 10mths at 61000km...quite loud while on the expressway. But i usually blast music,so dont really matter to me..hehe...

you guys really knowledgeable. [thumbsup]

i just call soh with regards to my tyres, as mine is not a popular size, so finding one is quite difficult.

to my surprise, frankie actually tell me not to change. as my tyres has only run in 16k and 3yrs plus old.

he even taught me over the phone, a lifespan of a tyre is usually 5yrs or 40k, which ever come first.

really nice guy! [thumbsup]

well, mind me asking, what is the classification of tyres as low profile?

does that mean lower grade? [shocked]

i do have a concern, as my tyre is 175/50/15, if i were to change to 165/50/15, a downsize of 10, will this be dangerous?

frankie quoted me falken of the mentioned at $75

So good can downsize somemore... I check with my rims shop, the lowest i can go is only 185 i think...

Neutral Newbie

with SG hot weather, can go up to 2-1/2 years ba, but most ppl chose to change after 2years for safety reason.. must see threat oso lah

i thought the DB suppose to be quite tyre? [hur]

but i think for sure is wet road grip is poor

so think before you buy (comfort/safety)

My Yoko S-Drive after 1.5 years @ 32K mileage also roaring like thunder now :wacko:

I believe the rubbers are starting to hardened liao plus this is a grippy tyres which resulted so ... [nod]

is normal for this S-drive to roar like that,but the grip is better than DB

IF you dont want noise and and want better safety just avoid there 2 tyre haha Sdrive and DB

Tyre stored in warehouse condition have longer shelf life.

But usage life is at most 4yr or ard 40K.

So there is no absolute answer whether tyre can be used beyond 4 yrs from manufacture date. But I rather play safe.

Last time... I cheapo... use old tyre.. then do hard cornering suddenly flat tyre. Had to change to spare. Go tyre shop found no leak and no rim problems, so just refill and install back.

Few days later, do hard cornering again and same thing happen. Conclusion is that the rubber harden and no longer tight fit to the rim. Now old man liao, change tyre no longer easy job.

Turbocharged

a harden/degraded tyre is very dangerous... it's like a piece of "plastics" ... one good way to know is the tyre harden or not, go over a speed bump of any indoor carpark with ur radio off and window down... the sound "odd" ...i dont know how to explain but u will know it sounds "hard"... [:p]

↡ Advertisement