Jaguar XF

Peaceracer

I currently drive XJ6L... Servicing with Malayan is a dream come true...Its perfect...And the best part is every year Jaguar sends you a form to grade the service of their Singapore branch... Beautiful Car and great Service=Forever Jag

↡ Advertisement

Yes I have heard that Malayan Motors servicing is pretty good. I still like the current gen XJ profile, truly classic. However, the interior is rather dated looking. Prefer the new XJ interior except for the slab of wood on the doors and the aircon vents that resemble the Transformer Bumblebee's eyes.

Drove a 1992 3.2 XJS for a while some years back and that was a visually beautiful car in and out but the FC and performance was terrible and the vehicle was unreliable.

Forget the BMW 5 series, its too common now adays. The XF looks very nice and solid. The SGD195k price tag for the base model you quoted, does it include COE?

The car looks sporty, my only concerns would be;

a) Reliability;

b) Fuel Consumption as I heard its a heavy car...but hey it cant be worse then my BM;

c) Looks like Ah Pek car, albeit a sporty one.

But aside from the above I would still choose it as a daily commute if i wanted a 4 door luxury sedan today....

Forget the BMW 5 series, its too common now adays. The XF looks very nice and solid. The SGD195k price tag for the base model you quoted, does it include COE?

The car looks sporty, my only concerns would be;

a) Reliability;

b) Fuel Consumption as I heard its a heavy car...but hey it cant be worse then my BM;

c) Looks like Ah Pek car, albeit a sporty one.

But aside from the above I would still choose it as a daily commute if i wanted a 4 door luxury sedan today....

Heyz, time really flies manz it has been 2 yrs since the thread was last posted. In the end, my dad jus got the XFS diesel 3 months back. lolz. The only thing is that tat time the COE was all time high-$72k. [:(]

Any Jaguar Forum in Sg? Can't seem to find one. Should be collecting my XFS in a week's time.

Heyz, my dad is also looking for a forum. lolz. Have we been driving the XFS for abt 3 months le. Gd choice i would say. =)

yes jaguar is an excellent vehicle

and the showroom is just special....

they show you the tradition of jaguar racing

Edited by Ithunk

I would have the Jag over all the other cars you've mentioned if you go for the V8. The XF is an extremely fun car to drive and when pushed, you will love it even more.

I have a 4.2V8 XF in KL but it is not the supercharged model. Over in Singapore, Malayan brought in only 3.0V6 and 4.2 SV8 (which is awesome!).

If you're going for the 3.0V6, I would take the 530i over the Jag as it drives better, feels more responsive and a tad more comfortable with better cabin insulation.

yea i think the 4.2 supercharged is the top in its class about 280 to 300k

Heyz, my dad is also looking for a forum. lolz. Have we been driving the XFS for abt 3 months le. Gd choice i would say. =)

dun mind, hw much did u pay for the XFS?

Did your dad's XFS come with body kit at that time? Rim size? Mind sharing?

Nope no bodykit but my dad went to indent the bumper with the LED lights. 2 weeks later, they came out with the promo of the free bodykit. We suspect that they used our idea and thought that there is a market for the bodykit, dam it.

Rims are original for the diesel - 19 inch.

The moment i saw this jag on top gear waiting for it to appear on our roads. And indeed is really good looking.

Also not as common as 5 series e class or GS.

For me definitely jag will be the choice. I have never seen 2 XFs together.

Turbocharged

saw a XF recently with the old Sprucing Jaguar on the Bonnet! Lovely.

Wonder why Jaguar took away this old tradition thing

saw a XF recently with the old Sprucing Jaguar on the Bonnet! Lovely.

Wonder why Jaguar took away this old tradition thing

Oh its for safety reasons. Although it is design to swivel upon impact, it will no matter what cause more damage to the pedestrian thn one without it. Also the design of the cars not don really suit it anymore due to its more sleek profile. =)

Nope no bodykit but my dad went to indent the bumper with the LED lights. 2 weeks later, they came out with the promo of the free bodykit. We suspect that they used our idea and thought that there is a market for the bodykit, dam it.

Rims are original for the diesel - 19 inch.

Just the thread i was looking for.

I am v keen on the jag as well, but hows the reliability?

Any problems so far?

I read some reviews on Edmunds.com and it seems really bad.

Was really put off by that.

Just the thread i was looking for.

I am v keen on the jag as well, but hows the reliability?

Any problems so far?

I read some reviews on Edmunds.com and it seems really bad.

Was really put off by that.

They have 3 years free servicing as well as warranty. After 3 yrs can have the option to extend to 5 yrs warranty for abt $10k. So technically not much to really about. So far only 3 months la so not much to complain about. lolz

↡ Advertisement