Jaguar XF

Peaceracer

Between 320 & XF @ ard the same price .. XF is the choice although I think resale value may be a concern as it's a facelift model while 320 is new. Power wise, during test drive u try to do a u-turn n recover to highway asap u will know what I mean. However 320 is very agile once on the move. Quality, workmanship for 320 could be better .. try the door n tailgate. Reliability n maintenance .. maybe fellow forumers can better advise.

In the end .. to each his own depending on ur needs

↡ Advertisement

it's a no brainer, at similar price, xf definitely a better choice, bigger interior, better quality.

if your mileage is below 30000km/year, just go for the no free servicing, if i not wrong about max $500 per servicing

taking 2 servicing a year, it would only cost $1000, but if you are a high usage user, go for a 3 year free maintenance package :)

Power wise, during test drive u try to do a u-turn n recover to highway asap u will know what I mean. However 320 is very agile once on the move. Quality, workmanship for 320 could be better .. try the door n tailgate.

No wonder a SKD 320 tried zoom from behind and then tried to push me. Must be thinking his damn fast.

(edited)

Seems to be really no strings attached! Tested the 3.0 petrol on a short drive and was pretty impressed.

$219,999 is true but only for ex stock. 2 bids non-guaranteed. OMV about $55k. COE rebate at $80k. No min loan tenure or quantum requirement. Doesn't include 3 year free servicing though. You can get that if you top up $5k (negotiable). For guaranteed COE you can top up a few thousand but I wasn't paying attention then as I was busy molesting the gorgeous interior.

Tempting...

Petrol version is facelifted also right? omv 55k is really high. 3.0L petrol is also 8 speed auto same as the new 2.2 diesel?

Edited by Zyklon

(edited)

Actually it is really not fair to compare 320i with xf. The price of xf with gurantee coe is actually similar to the f10...but f10 omv is super low.

Edited by Zyklon

My experienece, go for Mercedes.

- A class higher, and once owned it, you will never look at other brands

- Better resakes value

- A well engineered car (things not stated not spec sheet.

(edited)

I saw my neighbor "upgraded" from a current facelift model Merc S300 bought new previously to a new Jag XF recently. Think he must be getting bore of the 3 pointer star

Edited by Amazon777

I saw my neighbor "upgraded" from a current facelift model Merc S300 bought new previously to a new Jag XF recently. Think he must be getting bore of the 3 pointer star

That's a slight downgrade actually unless he changing the S300 for the XJ.

My experienece, go for Mercedes.

- A class higher, and once owned it, you will never look at other brands

- Better resakes value

- A well engineered car (things not stated not spec sheet.

3 Pointed star is like rubbish now... 1.8l Turbo charged engine for a 1.8 tonne car... drive it for 2 years and you'll soon realise the turbo will die on you... drink alot more than a Bimmer... And it look like and Apek now... compared to other models..

At that price i'll take the XF

Merc C class popping like on our roads like mushroooms, BMW 3 series kena cloned like dunno what

Fark, i think even my car more rare than BMW and Merc these days

Yup petrol version also facelifted. 2.2L diesel costs 240k. For the 20k difference, you get 8 speed gearbox instead of petrol's 6, navigation, better sound system, intelligent start-stop, softer leather, different wood inlays and wheels.

For a big engine, the Jag is not a fast car. It's not an outright winner compared to the F10 although the price is hard to beat.

Pros compared to the F10 520i

Much better quality interior (leather dash, hand stitched leather, solid aluminium and real matching wood inserts on both sides (came from same piece of wood).

Aggressive but smooth engine note compared to the F10 f-pot. Compared to my current 325i, it sounds more aggressive. 325i's engine is buttery smooth.

Nice twin exhausts on left and right.

Classy feel to the interior, including the dramatic start sequence.

Better looking car than the F10.

Less common than the F10.

Much cheaper to buy than the F10.

Servicing interval is 24,000km.

Cons compared to the F10 520i

Resale market.

Road tax.

Perceptions about reliability.

Boot is soft closing but doesn't have the one touch button system in the F10.

No navigation system.

Multimedia screen is smaller.

Rear seats cannot fold.

No multiple dynamic drive setups (e.g. Eco, Eco Pro, Sport).

Fuel consumption.

6 speed gearbox.

Petrol version is facelifted also right? omv 55k is really high. 3.0L petrol is also 8 speed auto same as the new 2.2 diesel?

Comparing 320 with XF

is like comparing S40 with 520

is like comparing Civic with Taena

is like comparing A4 with GS300

:blink:

Comparing 320 with XF

is like comparing S40 with 520

is like comparing Civic with Taena

is like comparing A4 with GS300

:blink:

Totally agree. I'm comparing 520i and XF here.

Yup petrol version also facelifted. 2.2L diesel costs 240k. For the 20k difference, you get 8 speed gearbox instead of petrol's 6, navigation, better sound system, intelligent start-stop, softer leather, different wood inlays and wheels.

Thanks for the comparison.

Wah like that the diesel version not cheap leh. Still must factor in the 4k+ per annum road tax. Other than the road tax, I think the diesel+zf8 is actually quite worthwhile for our type of traffic condition.

Personally I thought the f10 interior looks better and comfortable compared to the xf, but that is just personal opinion. The 4 pot engine on the f10 is actually very smooth, just that the gearbox always like to downshift early(resulting in very low rpm)+very good turbo low end torque...so it ends up driving around like a diesel. [laugh] I guess it is the eco mode, coz everyone is going green green green. But the low end torque on the turbo petrol is really nice.

I could be wrong, but dynamic drive switch on most f10 is fake one. Only affects the gearbox and steering because most of the f10 don't have the dynamic damper thingy. Only those f10 that have comfort/normal mode or comfort/comfort+ mode have variable suspension. So you are really not missing out much.

Thanks for the comparison.

Wah like that the diesel version not cheap leh. Still must factor in the 4k+ per annum road tax. Other than the road tax, I think the diesel+zf8 is actually quite worthwhile for our type of traffic condition.

Personally I thought the f10 interior looks better and comfortable compared to the xf, but that is just personal opinion. The 4 pot engine on the f10 is actually very smooth, just that the gearbox always like to downshift early(resulting in very low rpm)+very good turbo low end torque...so it ends up driving around like a diesel. [laugh] I guess it is the eco mode, coz everyone is going green green green. But the low end torque on the turbo petrol is really nice.

I could be wrong, but dynamic drive switch on most f10 is fake one. Only affects the gearbox and steering because most of the f10 don't have the dynamic damper thingy. Only those f10 that have comfort/normal mode or comfort/comfort+ mode have variable suspension. So you are really not missing out much.

I thought the road tax for diesel cars would be much lower from next yr onwards.

↡ Advertisement