Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
639 replies to this topic | 373 praises

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:46 PM

SZY
  • SZY
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Which credit card give the best petrol discount?

I think its Citibank at Esso 10% right?

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:10 PM

Alpha78
  • Premium member
    Alpha78
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Caltex with HSBC/OCBC already 12%. SPC with POSB everyday card even more, not sure how much, must ask those who patronise SPC.
Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:22 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yah, think esso with citibank give the best, use to pump spc but their offer is no longer attractive since they ban sharing of spc card, last time, me and my colleague used to pump using the same card (dun need to use card, just quote the card number) thus we always enjoy the max disc.... anyway, esso effective discountis not only 10%, total discount its 10% citibank (5% dics + 5% rebate) + 5% esso site disc + smile point which worth another min 2.67% rebate ($10 off for 300 point/ 30 for 750 point, 1 point = $1.25 spend)

Edited by Tigershark1976, 07 July 2009 - 08:23 PM.

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:40 PM

Kotila
  • Kotila
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I use spc and posb everyday card and I get 15.1% discount inculding 3% rebate.
ie. paying per liter is $1.432 using 92.

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:47 PM

Hermitage
  • Hermitage
    6th Gear
    Author Image

yah, think esso with citibank give the best, use to pump spc but their offer is no longer attractive since they ban sharing of spc card, last time, me and my colleague used to pump using the same card (dun need to use card, just quote the card number) thus we always enjoy the max disc.... anyway, esso effective discountis not only 10%, total discount its 10% citibank (5% dics + 5% rebate) + 5% esso site disc + smile point which worth another min 2.67% rebate ($10 off for 300 point/ 30 for 750 point, 1 point = $1.25 spend)

Sounds interesting...how's their petrol btw? 98 Octane good?

No matter where you come from, as long as you are Human...you are an AFRICAN.

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:12 PM

SZY
  • SZY
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Caltex with HSBC/OCBC already 12%. SPC with POSB everyday card even more, not sure how much, must ask those who patronise SPC.

HSBC 12% valid till 12 July only right?

http://www.hsbc.com....efits-at-caltex

OCBC can't find any link to it...

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:22 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

think OCBC no longer have promo with Caltex. for Caltex only HSBC.
"old dog, new tricks ..."

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:35 PM

Lightzvs
  • Lightzvs
    Clutched
    Author Image

last pump in Caltex on Sun nite still got 12% disc for OCBC

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:41 PM

Windwaver
  • Windwaver
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Yeah, I also pumped Caltex but only 5% from station rolleyes.gif
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. No profanity, obscenities of any kind and personal attacks on other users.

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:10 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

HSBC 12% valid till 12 July only right?

http://www.hsbc.com....efits-at-caltex

OCBC can't find any link to it...

There You go,

OCBC 7% + 5%(site) = 12% is still on till 31 Dec 2009

You have eaten 10 curry puffs, 4 cakes and a tao sar boa.
You have drunk 10 cokes, and a jug of sarsi and I don't know how.
All you do is waddle, when the others run.
Eat a little less, play a little more.
You will find that life is a lot more fun than it was before.

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:25 AM

Magnifique
  • Magnifique
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Citibank Dividend card Esso 14.5%. 5% station discount, 5% Citibank discount + 5% cash back on Dividend card.

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:35 AM

Dumb
  • Premium member
    Dumb
    6th Gear
    Author Image

There You go,

OCBC 7% + 5%(site) = 12% is still on till 31 Dec 2009

I got 12% off using SAFRA card at Caltex and pay by OCBC Uplus card. If payment by OCBC card exceeds $300 per month, I get another 3% off.

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:08 AM

Zniper
  • Premium member
    Zniper
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I use spc and posb everyday card and I get 15.1% discount inculding 3% rebate.
ie. paying per liter is $1.432 using 92.

ur spc card clock to max discount already? can share how much ur spc card discount is like to get tis 15.1%?
failing to plan is planning to fail...
should i or should i not.......?

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:06 AM

Rickster
  • Premium member
    Rickster
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Citibank Dividend card w/ Esso gives the best discount rate now (Dun compare with corporate discount)

10% off upfront. After that, still have further 5% rebate on the remaining amt charged to the credit card. Total: 14.5% (that is not including the the additional 3.4% discount if you factor in using the Smiles points).

Edited by Rickster, 08 July 2009 - 09:18 AM.

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:10 AM

Rncw
  • Premium member
    Rncw
    Supercharged
    Author Image

only pump 2 or 3 times per months...so any discount ok for me
we must fight, to run away!

"Ayu-chan, if I cannot be your husband, I'll be your step-father..."

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:14 AM

Weiming
  • Weiming
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I think the best discount is pumping at Caltex using SAFRA card (no points though) together with Citibank Dividend card. Total discount is around 16.4%.

I got 12% off using SAFRA card at Caltex and pay by OCBC Uplus card. If payment by OCBC card exceeds $300 per month, I get another 3% off.

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:50 AM

Mits_jc
  • Premium member
    Mits_jc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Pump at Caltex with AA card and StanChart XtraSaver card = total discount is 16.3% (5% site, 5% AA, 7% of balance cashback). Thanks points are given also. I don't spend above $300 in petrol per month so this works for me.

I think the best discount is pumping at Caltex using SAFRA card (no points though) together with Citibank Dividend card. Total discount is around 16.4%.

Edited by Mits_jc, 08 July 2009 - 10:52 AM.

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:52 AM

Seabass_sg
  • Seabass_sg
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Any idea whether the offer by Caltex for 100 thank points can get $5 voucher for pumping Caltex 98 worth it?

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:10 AM

Nrafee
  • Nrafee
    Clutched
    Author Image

Citibank Dividend card w/ Esso gives the best discount rate now (Dun compare with corporate discount)

10% off upfront. After that, still have further 5% rebate on the remaining amt charged to the credit card. Total: 14.5% (that is not including the the additional 3.4% discount if you factor in using the Smiles points).

bear in mind that the 5% rebate is in denomination of $50, which is equivalent of $1000 worth of petrol.
In the event you do not clock $1000 worth of petrol in a year, your point (ie cashback is forfeited) speechless.gif

I am driving an OPC car.. dun think I will clock $1000 worth of petrol a year..

so I stick to DBS Esso card with a upfront 13% off. bounce1.gif

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:15 AM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

my monthly petrol bill is below $300, so I prefer the upfront discount.
"old dog, new tricks ..."

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: petrol discount, pump station and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)