Which credit card give the best petrol discount?

SZY

Clutched

Which credit card give the best petrol discount?

I think its Citibank at Esso 10% right?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Caltex with HSBC/OCBC already 12%. SPC with POSB everyday card even more, not sure how much, must ask those who patronise SPC.

• Praise 1

(edited)

yah, think esso with citibank give the best, use to pump spc but their offer is no longer attractive since they ban sharing of spc card, last time, me and my colleague used to pump using the same card (dun need to use card, just quote the card number) thus we always enjoy the max disc.... anyway, esso effective discountis not only 10%, total discount its 10% citibank (5% dics + 5% rebate) + 5% esso site disc + smile point which worth another min 2.67% rebate ($10 off for 300 point/ 30 for 750 point, 1 point = $1.25 spend)

Edited by Tigershark1976
  • Praise 1

I use spc and posb everyday card and I get 15.1% discount inculding 3% rebate.

ie. paying per liter is $1.432 using 92.

• Praise 1

yah, think esso with citibank give the best, use to pump spc but their offer is no longer attractive since they ban sharing of spc card, last time, me and my colleague used to pump using the same card (dun need to use card, just quote the card number) thus we always enjoy the max disc.... anyway, esso effective discountis not only 10%, total discount its 10% citibank (5% dics + 5% rebate) + 5% esso site disc + smile point which worth another min 2.67% rebate ($10 off for 300 point/ 30 for 750 point, 1 point = $1.25 spend)

Sounds interesting...how's their petrol btw? 98 Octane good?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

think OCBC no longer have promo with Caltex. for Caltex only HSBC.

last pump in Caltex on Sun nite still got 12% disc for OCBC

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

think OCBC no longer have promo with Caltex. for Caltex only HSBC.

Yeah, I also pumped Caltex but only 5% from station [rolleyes]

There You go,

OCBC 7% + 5%(site) = 12% is still on till 31 Dec 2009

I got 12% off using SAFRA card at Caltex and pay by OCBC Uplus card. If payment by OCBC card exceeds $300 per month, I get another 3% off.

• Praise 1

I use spc and posb everyday card and I get 15.1% discount inculding 3% rebate.

ie. paying per liter is $1.432 using 92.

ur spc card clock to max discount already? can share how much ur spc card discount is like to get tis 15.1%?

(edited)

Citibank Dividend card w/ Esso gives the best discount rate now (Dun compare with corporate discount)

10% off upfront. After that, still have further 5% rebate on the remaining amt charged to the credit card. Total: 14.5% (that is not including the the additional 3.4% discount if you factor in using the Smiles points).

Edited by Rickster

I think the best discount is pumping at Caltex using SAFRA card (no points though) together with Citibank Dividend card. Total discount is around 16.4%.

I got 12% off using SAFRA card at Caltex and pay by OCBC Uplus card. If payment by OCBC card exceeds $300 per month, I get another 3% off.

(edited)

Pump at Caltex with AA card and StanChart XtraSaver card = total discount is 16.3% (5% site, 5% AA, 7% of balance cashback). Thanks points are given also. I don't spend above $300 in petrol per month so this works for me.

I think the best discount is pumping at Caltex using SAFRA card (no points though) together with Citibank Dividend card. Total discount is around 16.4%.

Edited by Mits_jc

Neutral Newbie

Any idea whether the offer by Caltex for 100 thank points can get $5 voucher for pumping Caltex 98 worth it?

↡ Advertisement