Which credit card give the best petrol discount?

SZY

I reckon it's the highest you can get figure IF you hoot the target.

That's why I rather keep to simple basic card discounts like EM/DBS Tiger Card or SPC/POSB Everyday.

For shell, how they derive 20.8% by using citi dividend?

↡ Advertisement

That's why I rather keep to simple basic card discounts like EM/DBS Tiger Card or SPC/POSB Everyday.

What is the target? They nvr mention in their brochure

I now using shell thanks to shell vouchers from tampines station lol

IDK also.  [laugh]

I find all these *** and fine prints very mind boggling as age catches up. [laugh]

What is the target? They nvr mention in their brochure

I now using shell thanks to shell vouchers from tampines station lol

• Praise 3

Yup, too troublesome to try and hit their random targets. So many conditions to meet over multiple months, if you miss one then all the effort is wasted. A straight up discount upon payment is the best. Even better is getting discount vouchers like Shell  [laugh]

• Praise 4

IDK also. [laugh]

I find all these *** and fine prints very mind boggling as age catches up. [laugh]

Cos i got hsbc visa plat and citi dividend. Want to cancel one

I go read their reward system, i scratched my head a few times lol

Even for hsbc they said got 3% extra rebate for fuel, etc but must reach $400 on petrol for consec 3 mths to qualify.

But my petrol expense is volatile one most of times under 400.

For me, the most important thing is to have all the petrol cards - Shell, Caltex, EM and SPC though I use the latter two most. The reason is, sometimes bopian need to pump at the nearest and w/o petrol card, you are basically paying the full pump price. Those kind enough cashier may still give you station discount 5% if you just say "forget to bring". Alternatively, just apply on the spot to get station discount.

I have EM and SPC credit cards combo.

So, if for some reason I need to pump Shell, I will use Shell card + credit card that earns good rebates that preferably never expire. 

Cos i got hsbc visa plat and citi dividend. Want to cancel one

I go read their reward system, i scratched my head a few times lol

Even for hsbc they said got 3% extra rebate for fuel, etc but must reach $400 on petrol for consec 3 mths to qualify.

But my petrol expense is volatile one most of times under 400.

Edited by Kangadrool

For me, the most important thing is to have all the petrol cards - Shell, Caltex, EM and SPC though I use the latter two most. The reason is, sometimes bopian need to pump at the nearest and w/o petrol card, you are basically paying the full pump price. Those kind enough cashier may still give you station discount 5% if you just say "forget to bring". Alternatively, just apply on the spot to get station discount.

So, if for some reason I need to pump Shell, I will use Shell card + credit card that earns good rebates that preferably never expire.

Becos citi dividend is applicable to shell and esso, i dont need much card. I nvr pump at caltex or spc. Even fuel pump light on, i would rather go find esso or shell since every station is close to one another

Nowadays I fill up when range reaches 100km, so I never had this problem where I need to emergency top up fuel. I also read that this is better for the fuel pump. I carry around my HSBC card just for filling up at Shell. 

Check with Caltex users.. which Credit card tie up for they have? I think they have ocbc and hsbc..how about UOB?

UOB

14% off ron95

16% off ron98

After discount another 2% rebate as SMART$

• Praise 3

For shell, how they derive 20.8% by using citi dividend?

Hi bro, what I understand is by using citi dividend at Shell, 10% Escape + ( 4% citi rebate + 8% statement rebate ) x net amount charged = 20.8%. Citi statement month = or > $888.

eg, pump $60

Escape -$6

Citi rebate -$2.16

Citi statement rebate -$4.32

Total discount $12.48/$60 = 20.8%

Like wise, with Tampines voucher, total discount becomes 29.6% w citi statement month = or > $888.

• Praise 3

Hi bro, what I understand is by using citi dividend at Shell, 10% Escape + ( 4% citi rebate + 8% statement rebate ) x net amount charged = 20.8%. Citi statement month = or > $888.

eg, pump $60

Escape -$6

Citi rebate -$2.16

Citi statement rebate -$4.32

Total discount $12.48/$60 = 20.8%

Like wise, with Tampines voucher, total discount becomes 29.6% w citi statement month = or > $888.

I see i was quite confuse to see 10%+4%+8% become 20.8% lol
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

I see i was quite confuse to see 10%+4%+8% become 20.8% lol

Ya, always confused with how they get their numbers.

Simpler way.. Spc, or best, boleh petrol if it's convenient.

• Praise 2