Which credit card give the best petrol discount?

SZY

Turbocharged

Caltex.

Standard chartered Xtra Saver 10% Safra 11%

Thanks points ~ 2%

Also have $2 vouchers (spend $50 net) at AMK Ave3 and double Thanks points Lazy to calculate the effective discount... but should be around 22-23% [cool]

btw, caveats.. if u are not at least on the 10% tier, u are better off with other brand/cards..

http://www.standardchartered.com.sg/person...s/xtrasaver/en/

↡ Advertisement

Using the shell 15% petrol vouchers by AMK ave 6 with UOB 5% = 20% .... year long ... once 2012 then see got any other cheaper lobangs . heh

Esso with Citibank divident, 15% upfront discount at the counter, another 5% cash rebate from citibank via cheque every few months. plus smiles point which is almost equivalent to another 2% discount (1point /L, 700points = $30 petrol). all in all, 21.25% discount.

I use it too, no need to care which station what voucher, so confusing and limited, just drive into any esso. No need to care if they is on-going promo, this combo is standard throughout the year. Overall discount is always at the higher end compared to others.

UOB Infinite - Whole yr round 16%.....summore use your uob rewards points claim petrol vouchers

eh.. this is elite card... must get by invitation... the visa signature already not many people have liao... see golden village all the que v long, except visa signature & above priority que, always no people..

eh.. this is elite card... must get by invitation... the visa signature already not many people have liao... see golden village all the que v long, except visa signature & above priority que, always no people..

er.....good wot....i duwan to compete w ppl [:p][:p][:p]

even for Privilege banking...even queue long...i just walk in and do my stuff and get out...in 5 min... [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Esso with Citibank divident, 15% upfront discount at the counter, another 5% cash rebate from citibank via cheque every few months. plus smiles point which is almost equivalent to another 2% discount (1point /L, 700points = $30 petrol). all in all, 21.25% discount.

Do note that you will need to deposit at least $200K into the Xtra Saver deposit account to enjoy 15% discount. :D

See here for more details http://www.standardchartered.com.sg/person...s/xtrasaver/en/

I use it too, no need to care which station what voucher, so confusing and limited, just drive into any esso. No need to care if they is on-going promo, this combo is standard throughout the year. Overall discount is always at the higher end compared to others.

same same....has been loyally using Esso for a long time

Neutral Newbie

esso with citibank dividend card is only 15%. 10% station discount. 5% cash back. its shown on top of the petrol pumps. 10% + 4.5%(cashback). i was on that plan also.. but applied for the esso master card liao. 18% straight. sometimes will go up to 20%.

Turbocharged

caltax with hsbc.. 11%

any way to get higher discount with caltax? [shakehead]

was at the pumps (again <_< ) yesterday.. noticed that hsbc has 15% now.. didn't ask anyone there though.

so, hsbc 15% + safra 12% = 26%++?

why dun you guys check this website out http://www.petrolwatch.com.sg/news/archive...3--apr-09-.html

it consolidate all the credit cards discounts with the petrol brands.

Citibank is the best if you have applied the Esso Mobil Privilege Card and tagged to the Diviend card. 15% upfront plus 5% rebate. better than DBS esso card

by the way.. i believe you cannot use SAFRA card with HSBC and SAFRA card is down to 11%.

And lastly.... Caltex has been snubbed by alot of ppl recently as they always raise the petrol price first.. for those who love Caltxe... i must say you probably have overspent a few bucks during the transition period where other brands still on the older pricing.

esso with citibank dividend card is only 15%. 10% station discount. 5% cash back. its shown on top of the petrol pumps. 10% + 4.5%(cashback). i was on that plan also.. but applied for the esso master card liao. 18% straight. sometimes will go up to 20%.

For the Esso Mastercard, the 18% is not direct discount right ?

↡ Advertisement