Which credit card give the best petrol discount?

SZY

Yes. its 18% straight. For example u pump $100. U present the ESSO Credit Card... Sir, after discount is $82. Smiles point will be credited to your credit card

↡ Advertisement

Yes. its 18% straight. For example u pump $100. U present the ESSO Credit Card... Sir, after discount is $82. Smiles point will be credited to your credit card

Thanks. I read from DBS site, it says valid till 30 Apr 11.

Currently, am holding a citi dividend card. wonder if its better than DBS Esso .

Looking at petrolwatch prices of same grade but different brand.

Seems like the petrol prices are not uniform for all the brands.

I always thought it was exactly the same......when did the differences in pricing start?

Citibank is the best if you have applied the Esso Mobil Privilege Card and tagged to the Diviend card. 15% upfront plus 5% rebate. better than DBS esso card

Hi bro, can check which card do you sign when you make payment? The Esso Mobil Privilege Card or the Citi Dividend card? I was told at the petrol counter both same but Dividend card let you earn smile points. Then I wonder why apply for esso mobil card in the first place to tag them?

Hi bro, can check which card do you sign when you make payment? The Esso Mobil Privilege Card or the Citi Dividend card? I was told at the petrol counter both same but Dividend card let you earn smile points. Then I wonder why apply for esso mobil card in the first place to tag them?

i think it's the other way round....the Dividend card gives u the discount but the Esso card is the one linked to the Smiles points

The esso privilege card is a credit card by itself while tied to citibank card. So if u want to make payment, only 1 card is needed. When I asked, the staff said I can use my smile card together with my dividend card thereby earning smile pt. But if I use esso mobil pri card, can't use the smile card together. I know it sounds confusing and I m confused too. End of he day I wish to know which card should I use to sign to get the max rebate? Anyone? Heehee. :wacko: :wacko:

i'm using Shell with UOB. don't think it is fantastic.

different UOB cards got different rebate %. I'm using preferred platinum. it's more than the UOB One card which I also have.

UOB Infinite - Whole yr round 16%.....summore use your uob rewards points claim petrol vouchers

is it some special card for LEECH people??? [sly]

is it some special card for LEECH people??? [sly]

small fly need not bother in this life :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hi, i'm a noob with these petrol paying stuffs. so for esso is citibank or DBS a better deal? can i just apply esso card with citibank and not have the dividend card?

why do u just apply for the dividend card? there is no difference in terms of discount for dividend card and the esso mobil privilege card currently.

with your dividend card and smiles card, the discount at esso is 15% upfront + 5% rebate.

Oh..Thanks for the clarification...i'm confuse actually...ok i will get the dividend card then with citi. How do i get the smile card? sorry for asking....

that means the citi divident combi with smile card is better than the dbs esso card right?

Turbocharged

Oh..Thanks for the clarification...i'm confuse actually...ok i will get the dividend card then with citi. How do i get the smile card? sorry for asking....

that means the citi divident combi with smile card is better than the dbs esso card right?

smiles card is a point card same as all the rest of the petrol kiosks.

http://www.essosmiles.com.sg/en/aboutsmiles_faq.aspx

smile card is for ppl using CASH or other mode of payment except speed pass. citibank privilege card came out long before it dividend card. so did you apply for speed tag? it very convenient, no need go in Q up, unless you are buying other stuffs in the shop, so it just pump and print(optional) and go.

As long as you got speed tag, smile pt is automatically created & awarded to the card that your speed tag is charging to. and if have a smile card, just fill in a form to migrate the points to the account in speed tag. simple?

all cash rebate will be automatically send to you every quarterly if it meet at least 50 bucks, else will be the next quarter, and remember to bank in within 6 months, as the cheque will not be re-issued if lost or expired..

The esso privilege card is a credit card by itself while tied to citibank card. So if u want to make payment, only 1 card is needed. When I asked, the staff said I can use my smile card together with my dividend card thereby earning smile pt. But if I use esso mobil pri card, can't use the smile card together. I know it sounds confusing and I m confused too. End of he day I wish to know which card should I use to sign to get the max rebate? Anyone? Heehee. :wacko: :wacko:

i dun understand the part in red.

for me, i always hand over the esso card + smiles card to the cashier when i pay for petrol, so why can't u use the cars together?

The esso privilege card is a credit card by itself while tied to citibank card. So if u want to make payment, only 1 card is needed. When I asked, the staff said I can use my smile card together with my dividend card thereby earning smile pt. But if I use esso mobil pri card, can't use the smile card together. I know it sounds confusing and I m confused too. End of he day I wish to know which card should I use to sign to get the max rebate? Anyone? Heehee. :wacko::wacko:

okay, the esso privilege card links your smile points and credit card in 1 card so you don't have to take 2 cards out everytime you want to pay.max rebate either way.

this is so confusing man... seem like i gotten leech by Shell with UOB card. discount is so low. just pump SPC the other day with everyday. 15% discount.

Esso seem to be able to hit 18% discount

Neutral Newbie

The Esso Privilage card is a 2 in 1 card, which incorporate your smiles account, thats why you cannot use smiles card at the same time.

The card is not a credit card. Its just a Privilege card linked to your Smiles and also your Citi Dividend card.

↡ Advertisement