Fridge in trouble.. any expert??

Creative_tec

Shit.. house lost power when away.

All rotten decomposed, blood water everywhere, smell wanna vomit.

No choice but to throw fridge, dunno how to disinfect cos likely the bacteria already all over the inside. Sigh.....

↡ Advertisement

No choice but to throw fridge, dunno how to disinfect cos likely the bacteria already all over the inside. Sigh.....

Use dettol?! 

wah lao... my sympathies....

this sounds - and smells - bad...

All the best in sorting this out quickly and cheaply.

oxygen bleach and NaHC03 as recommended by @kb27 before.

But honestly if it's me, i'll also throw away the fridge. The smells may have permeated the rubber/silicone seals.

oxygen bleach and NaHC03 as recommended by @kb27 before.

But honestly if it's me, i'll also throw away the fridge. The smells may have permeated the rubber/silicone seals.

Yup.. told wife. If put dead rat to rot in a air tight container till all mushy... Even washhhhhhhhhhh... I wouldnt put food in cos I cannot trust it clean.. especially fridge with all its pipes and vents

How long you were away from your house?

How long you were away from your house?

Bout 2 weeks. But no idea when power tripped. It was VERYYYYY rotten. Nearly vomited out the window when clearing it out.

Bout 2 weeks. But no idea when power tripped. It was VERYYYYY rotten. Nearly vomited out the window when clearing it out.

got maggots bo?

your neighbours didn't suspect got dead body in your home ah?

Omg, about 2 weeks of rotting foods inside the fridge!  :sick:  No wonder you want to throw away your fridge!

Probably power tripped due to the recent thunder storms.

2 weeks probably too long.

If 2-3 days, maybe still ok coz of the sealed doors that prevented the cold from escaping.

Omg, about 2 weeks of rotting foods inside the fridge! :sick: No wonder you want to throw away your fridge!

If fruits and vegetables ... Even milk I still ok. can clean and tahan.

But the meat and sea food, OH MY GODDDDD!!!!!

Use regular household bleach. It kills 99.9% germs, even ebola.

Put it in a spray bottle and apply on the rotten food.

Thanks for sharing.

Something strike my mind....

If we are plannings to be away for several days, then better to plan to consume all foods in the fridge before the trip. Otherwise, throw away the foods is still better than throwing away the fridge.

I make sure to remember.

• Praise 1

Thanks for sharing.

Something strike my mind....

If we are plannings to be away for several days, then better to plan to consume all foods in the fridge before the trip. Otherwise, throw away the foods is still better than throwing away the fridge.

I make sure to remember.

Another way, if really got unfinished food in freezer, put the meat products in good air tight containers.

This way even if the worst happens, the "delicious juices" won't flow all over and contaminate the whole damn system with good knows what bacterias and moulds.

While the smell is terrible, it's the lingering bacteria and moulds that scares me.

Take note decomposition causes lots of gases, if use freezer bags, they could just burst and have a "happy ending" inside your freezer.

• Praise 1

Not simpur spotted :XD:
↡ Advertisement