Fiona Xie Quits ?

Rollagt

Hypersonic
(edited)

In Mediacorp, producers so big ah?

what's the hierarchy like?

Producer can put her to cold storage.. That means quite big F..

Edited by Ender

hmm..that's what they say

how many producers are there? offend one, can't work for the others?

This could be true u know. Mediacorpse how big only...... the producers....... i think can count ba. Esp for big production, the producers is those standard few ppl

Hypersonic

So directors, producers and casting directors are big..of those three, are they of equal rank?

does that also mean, u can't step on anybody's toes then? actors/actresses are then the small fries in the real scene?

IMO,in a show, movie, or whatever, the producer is the biggest F.. , they are like the CEO of the show. They are the ones that ensure the show works, i.e. getting the right director, getting the right main actor/actress, getting the right script, and even getting the proper finance, and marketing team.. So sucking up to producer is the right move in an acting career.

I thought Zoe Tay, when commenting on FX, said "Men love her; women hate her".

Seems like MCF men quite the opposite leh, or is it a matter of spurn love turns hatred .. :P

• Praise 1

Creative director big meh [:p]

Talking about film/TV worldwide lah. no creative directors since creativity is split up into cinmatography, scriptwriting etc.

Ooo...Fiona IS HOT....no doubt about tat lah...

she is a nice Gal in person...

watever persona she puts out on TV...is just tat...lah..

i used to work for THAT one & only company before...yea...its true...some ppl workin there have the mentalilty..."u are on TV only becos i CHOOSE to put u in TV"

& i'll not go further than tat...

• Praise 1

So directors, producers and casting directors are big..of those three, are they of equal rank?

does that also mean, u can't step on anybody's toes then? actors/actresses are then the small fries in the real scene?

Well the director and producer are big. Sometimes they also double as casting directors, however in some companies (e.g. mediacorp productions), the castng director is seperate. Between director and producer, I can't rank them as they perform seperate functions. Actors/actresses are mid-tier.

Now if we transfer them into football, then the director would be similar to the coach, while the producer the team manager, the casting director the talent scout, and the actors are players.

(edited)

Ooo...Fiona IS HOT....no doubt about tat lah...

she is a nice Gal in person...

watever persona she puts out on TV...is just tat...lah..

i used to work for THAT one & only company before...yea...its true...some ppl workin there have the mentalilty..."u are on TV only becos i CHOOSE to put u in TV"

& i'll not go further than tat...

Not just the TV side. The entire media, entertainment, and fashion industry is like that, there are people with very influential positions that decide who to put on magazine covers etc. If they don't like you for personal reasons, they can backbench you regardless of your merits.

I almost insulted one of the EPs for 5 when chatting with one of the actors as I didn't realise she was right next to us in the next cubicle. It was lucky I went "too bad the budget was cut for red thread because it could have been even better" which fortunately as I found out later were sentiments she agreed with.

Edited by Elfenstar

Not just the TV side. The entire media, entertainment, and fashion industry is like that, there are people with very influential positions that decide who to put on magazine covers etc. If they don't like you for personal reasons, they can backbench you regardless of your merits.

I almost insulted one of the EPs for 5 when chatting with one of the actors as I didn't realise she was right next to us in the next cubicle. It was lucky I went "too bad the budget was cut for red thread because it could have been even better" which fortunately as I found out later were sentiments she agreed with.

& so she's found some1 she can talk to and promoted you after err "ahem"?

• Praise 1

In Mediacorp, producers so big ah?

what's the hierarchy like?

In any film set, the producer is usually the biggest fcuk around, even bigger than the executive producer (if there is one).

With Steven Spielberg as producer, I don't think anyone dares to talk back.

He can sack any one from the set, anytime.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Got ang moh boyfriend lah. Ang moh tua kee wat...

Anyway, not only her. Joanne Peh oso got ang moh boyfriend.

Edited by Fcw75

Got ang moh boyfriend lah. Ang moh tua kee wat...

Anyway, not only her. Joanne Peh oso got ang moh boyfriend.

not the tua kee issue. ang mos can provide more material comforts for their gf. local men salary is a pittance compared to the ang mohs.

↡ Advertisement