What brand of brake fluid is good?

Route88

2L shlb b enuh.........

Check yr brake system total requirement - add 50% more for flushing all the old fluid and clean up the system.

Noted

↡ Advertisement

Brake fluid of dot 3 & 4 cannot be mix and also need to see the spec that the brake system should be. But all new car should not be a problem and brake system should be able to take dot 4 brake fluid. Replace and bleed brake fluid after a period of time is recommended and good pratice.

Actually Dot 3, Dot 4 and Dot 5.1 is same category, can be mix. But Dot 5 is different, should not be mix with the rest.

Any good w/shop to recommend for a good bleeding job?

If not comfortable can pm me.

I like to know too, my car also due for a brake fluid replacement soon....

Previously I went Stamford Tyre for brake fluid flush, using their brand which was Caltex....

Actually, brand is one but maintenance, is in my opinion, equally important.

Brake fluids should be changed and renewed especially when we are driving in Singapore where there are a lot of start stop situations and as a result of such situations, a lot of moisture are being absorbed into the brake fluid during the frequent start stop.

Changing Brake fluid base on distant travelled or the fluid colour is not accurate, it's best to use a moisture meter to gauge the % of moisture in the system.

I like to know too, my car also due for a brake fluid replacement soon....

Previously I went Stamford Tyre for brake fluid flush, using their brand which was Caltex....

Yes,same same, not sure can bring own oil to service there?

If not gotto find other w/shop. Still searching for a good one

Yes,same same, not sure can bring own oil to service there?

If not gotto find other w/shop. Still searching for a good one

Previously I had used Fuchs which I bought from stockist and it was good.

Now I am using Volker brand. It is fine and acceptable to me.

Thank thanks ~ Mintex also have their own brake fluid.

ATE brand of brake fluids is the way to go. Been using this for years.

Manage to dig out old thread,tis is wat i found

brakefluid.jpg

If you do not track or drive the car aggressively, then any OTC brake fluid will do (check to make sure if your braking system accepts DOT 3 or 4).

For most drivers, the important thing is not the brand but the duration between bleeds. I do it once every two years together with my clutch fluid (mine is a manual transmission). Your regular mechanic should be able to do the bleeding job as it is rather straight forward.

the industrial park at bkt merah, opposite queensway shopping centre is selling. there are 2 type, the normal 1 is $14/tin of 1 liter, another type "sports edidtion" . blue colour fuild, $18/ tin of 1 liter. both dot 4 rating.

Bro that time i went to Bkt Merah, he told me the ATE changed packaging to some OEM Audi/BMW packaging?

From the usual squarish shape to a cylindrical shape? Or did i kena conned?

err..guys how do we noe when we need to change the brake fluid ah?

Due to our frequent start-stop traffic situations in Singapore, it is advisable to renew the brake fluid once every 2 years.

Notwithstanding the above, if you feel that your brakes are spongy, change of brake fluid is one of the options you might want to consider.

The start-stop situations may result in moisture being absorbed into the brake fluid and thus causes the brakes to be spongy.

act jus to add...for normal driving, brand or not makes little difference...im using voltronic now but it seems no difference at all with my previous stock fluid...try it only if u r really itchy... [:p]

↡ Advertisement