Malaysia: Kluang - 居銮

Sunnrainy

Supercharged

Any idea how much the toll charges would cost in total if going by 2nd link?

Tuas toll + RM5.80 2nd Link toll + abt RM7-8 till Ayer Hitam exit. Fruits, crackers and nuts are cheap at the row of roadside 'shops' on left of road just after you turn left after the Ayer Hitam toll plaza. If you like lemang (coconut milk flavoured glutinous rice cooked in bamboo; plain or with beef rendang or kambing), the one opposite the row of shops is the best (name is Madhu Lemang).

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Most SGrean go to the tau pek kong temple by the seaside at batu pahat..Usually to touch the head of some giant fish for 4D luck..

Neutral Newbie

Most SGrean go to the tau pek kong temple by the seaside at batu pahat..Usually to touch the head of some giant fish for 4D luck..

Bro. do you know where is this temple ?

Hypersonic

GPS Location.. Ask the local how to walk there after parking...

N1 47.055 E102 53.587

Its not TuaPekKong temple leh... think its Ma Chor Temple. Exit highway turn left then all the way down until you come to Simpang round about. Take the second turn (3 o'clock) then straight down till you reach the traffic light with a Shell station on your left. Turn left and go all the way, there is a right turning, keep going till you reach a T-junction. Turn left and go all the way... through those windy (bendy) roads i think more than 10km and right before the beach there is a small chinese fishing village. Turn left into it then drive all the way in and park your car. Walk into the village and you will find a big temple which is the one you are looking for.

Been there, touched the fish and no luck on lottery [confused] however there is a seafood restaurant there that serves good food.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

a very small town, i use to work there... sent by singapore office..

early morning take train (i don't have car that time) 3 hour reach there... coffee & roti very nice at the train station! super!

i spent 1 night walk can cover all the place/town nothing much, think less then 10 traffic light there...

got shopping call pgp plaze (dragon city in chinese), very happening disco in there.. about 10+ yrs back...

is very quite town, but dunno where all the people come from to this disco...

the food near the bus station also very nice & cheap...

Edited by Jeffang

Neutral Newbie

Its not TuaPekKong temple leh... think its Ma Chor Temple. Exit highway turn left then all the way down until you come to Simpang round about. Take the second turn (3 o'clock) then straight down till you reach the traffic light with a Shell station on your left. Turn left and go all the way, there is a right turning, keep going till you reach a T-junction. Turn left and go all the way... through those windy (bendy) roads i think more than 10km and right before the beach there is a small chinese fishing village. Turn left into it then drive all the way in and park your car. Walk into the village and you will find a big temple which is the one you are looking for.

Been there, touched the fish and no luck on lottery [confused] however there is a seafood restaurant there that serves good food.

Next trip will go and touch the fish [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

GPS Location.. Ask the local how to walk there after parking...

N1 47.055 E102 53.587

early morning take train (i don't have car that time) 3 hour reach there... coffee & roti very nice at the train station! super!

i spent 1 night walk can cover all the place/town nothing much, think less then 10 traffic light there...

got shopping call pgp plaze (dragon city in chinese), very happening disco in there.. about 10+ yrs back...

Thks Bros. [thumbsup]

Supercharged

How is this mall compare with Jusco at Bukit Indah?

Haven't been to JB since Tuas opened so can't help you here :D

found this link from HWZ - Click here pg 14 back to pg 12.

The foods look so delicious [thumbsup]

Yah I went to this one at JB Kota Raya shopping mall quite a few times. Nice coffee and I love their nasi lemak.

Also the curtain shops sell very cheap and good home accessories. I made my curtain there...

Been to Kluang many times, basically once you are in the town, the time seems to slow down, very relaxing town as time goes by. Tried the beef noodle from old hawker centre, railway station area roti prata and tosai with curry tea tarik nice yummy. And the cendon, they have giant , hotel BCB not bad to stay in.

About 130km from Tuas; 30km from Ayer Hitam NSH exit. Attractions: Batu Pahat Mall (http://batupahatmall.com/ , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batu_Pahat_Mall)...

How is this mall compare with Jusco at Bukit Indah?

They are mall or less the same....haha

Only niggle is Jusco BI has no cinemas to enjoy movies....but the small town nearby across the highway has very good food ! Pengkang tau-pok big and nice !

dealing with oil palm?

Neutral Newbie

Nothing much there, go batu pahut better.

Care to share the places of interests at Batu Pahat?

How far is it from the Tuas checkpoint?

The MUST TRY in Batu Pahat: SEA VIEW RESTAURANT.

The food there is very nice and cheap till lao sai [thumbsup] It is very near to the best hotel in Batu Pahat ( 1 of their minister kena 偷拍) [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

The MUST TRY in Batu Pahat: SEA VIEW RESTAURANT.

The food there is very nice and cheap till lao sai [thumbsup] It is very near to the best hotel in Batu Pahat ( 1 of their minister kena 偷拍) [sweatdrop]

蔡細歷is it ?

Neutral Newbie

If you like hiking, there is a mountain there "Nan Ba Shan" - the view from the top is quite nice. The first part of the hike is quite easy, the second part a bit tougher - have to use hands and crawl a bit....but there are ropes along the trial to help.

↡ Advertisement