Malaysia: Kluang - 居銮

Sunnrainy

Neutral Newbie

If you like hiking, there is a mountain there "Nan Ba Shan" - the view from the top is quite nice. The first part of the hike is quite easy, the second part a bit tougher - have to use hands and crawl a bit....but there are ropes along the trial to help.

Hiking [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

I cannot make it I prefer [drivingcar][laugh][laugh]

(edited)

Hi,

Is parking in Kluang safe? Thinking of going to UK farm in Kluang followed by a nite stay in Kluang.

Edited by Dleodleo

Hi,

Is parking in Kluang safe? Thinking of going to UK farm in Kluang followed by a nite stay in Kluang.

So far every year I go back during CNY and parked at road side as I stay in Imperial Hotel, no problem, but then that hotel has jaga. So, more or less helped.

So far every year I go back during CNY and parked at road side as I stay in Imperial Hotel, no problem, but then that hotel has jaga. So, more or less helped.

OIC thanks.

I read that there's flood in Kluang. So is it safe for me to visit Kluang in end November or December? I intend to stay in Kluang one nite after my farm stay at UK Agro Farm.

But i read that most cars are parked outside Kluang hotels? Dun Kluang hotels have their own basement or indoor car park? If got flood what will happen?

Or do you think I should stay one nite in Batu Pahat instead of Kluang?

Nov/Dec should be flood safe in Kluang, but the roads to Agro Farm could be muddy if got rain. It is the East Coast cities like Kuantan you generally want to avoid floods during year end - there was a flood just in January this year.

Both Batu Pahat and Kluang are small towns, Batu Pahat might be slightly more developed.

OIC. Thanks alot.

So far that I know the flood is not to bad. Rowen is still ok. Nothing much to do in kluang town except a few nice food. Forget it if you're thinking of shopping. Pacific mall is the only place worth going.

OIC thanks.

I read that there's flood in Kluang. So is it safe for me to visit Kluang in end November or December? I intend to stay in Kluang one nite after my farm stay at UK Agro Farm.

But i read that most cars are parked outside Kluang hotels? Dun Kluang hotels have their own basement or indoor car park? If got flood what will happen?

Or do you think I should stay one nite in Batu Pahat instead of Kluang?

• Praise 1

So far that I know the flood is not to bad. Rowen is still ok. Nothing much to do in kluang town except a few nice food. Forget it if you're thinking of shopping. Pacific mall is the only place worth going.

OIC. Thanks then I think I give Kluang overnite stay a miss.

Can visit old train station, and eat old Kluang Station Kopi. Stay Batu Pahat or balik kampung.

The restaurant beside rail hotel I think is by them also, the Lim families.

A couple of food I will still eat whenever I go back.

1) Fish ball noodle at lau pa sat.

2) Beef ball noodle at Kluang baru.

3) Yoke Kee wantan mee near ABC flat, near to Kluang Parade.

4) Old bus stand cendol (but I found the one in KSL basement better now)

Some say tangkak beef noodle or the lau pa sat beef noodle nice but I not a big fan.

• Praise 1

The restaurant beside rail hotel I think is by them also, the Lim families.

A couple of food I will still eat whenever I go back.

1) Fish ball noodle at lau pa sat.

2) Beef ball noodle at Kluang baru.

3) Yoke Kee wantan mee near ABC flat, near to Kluang Parade.

4) Old bus stand cendol (but I found the one in KSL basement better now)

Some say tangkak beef noodle or the lau pa sat beef noodle nice but I not a big fan.

OIC thanks. I'll google for the location. :)

OIC thanks. I'll google for the location. :)

The beef ball noodle in Kluang Baru is sin hon kee. Their dry noodle with mince pork alone is mou tak teng....

I've known the seller since my pre-school days. I'm in my 40s liao... So, you can imagine how long liao....

Edited by Tjkbeluga
  • Praise 1

The beef ball noodle in Kluang Baru is sin hon kee. Their dry noodle with mince pork alone is mou tak teng....

I've known the seller since my pre-school days. I'm in my 40s liao... So, you can imagine how long liao....

Thanks Tjikbeluga!

Sorry wanted to praise you but was forbidded.

• Praise 1

Can you remember which street or road these shops located?

If i do pass by may want to drop in.

TIA

There are a few shoes making shops there. My friend bought a pair at about RM45 and the workmanship and design was first-rate. I regretted not buying it.

Hi,

I'm going to the UK farm in Kluang.  Is there any place where I can have timsum (if any) or other for breakfast before checking into UK farm?

I would prefer somewhere near UK farm along the way cos I scare later get lost.  Thanks.  :)

Hi,

I'm going to the UK farm in Kluang.  Is there any place where I can have timsum (if any) or other for breakfast before checking into UK farm?

I would prefer somewhere near UK farm along the way cos I scare later get lost.  Thanks.  :)

Turn right after toll plaza towards Ayer Hitam. Second kopitiam has nice big pau and timsum. After that head back towards Kluang. Or turn right at toll plaza and eat at Zenxin Organic (5km from toll plaza). Kopi and beehoon soup pretty nice. Have fun. 

• Praise 1

Bro, you mean turn LEFT towards Ayer Hitam ?

Ya, left  [:p]  BTW the big mall in Kluang has Cotton On, H&M, Padini, Brands Outlet, Hush Puppies Apparel and Uniqlo. These brands are not available in Batu Pahat malls.

Edited by Kklim
  • Praise 1