Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
81 replies to this topic | 34 praises

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

Sazali
  • Sazali
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any other alternatives? I suppose warranty will void if go service other workshops?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:49 PM

Eric211
  • Eric211
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

TC service...so far so good...

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:19 AM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

used to service my Nissan at TC Bt Timah, quite alright.
focus

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:09 AM

Dumb
  • Premium member
    Dumb
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Any other alternatives? I suppose warranty will void if go service other workshops?

I completed my first NPMP at 90k. Now signing up for second NPMP. The package includes parts.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:12 PM

Picanto

TC service...so far so good...

i think all AD package are good.......but its not value for $$$.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:21 PM

Osiris
  • Premium member
    Osiris
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i think all AD package are good.......but its not value for $$$.

while AD servicing is more expensive than 'outside', TC servicing already cheaper than some AD. KM servicing is too ex, i think at least 20% premium over TC
To lodge all power in one party and keep it there is to insure bad government and the sure and gradual deterioration of the public morals

Mark Twain

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:27 PM

Picanto

while AD servicing is more expensive than 'outside', TC servicing already cheaper than some AD. KM servicing is too ex, i think at least 20% premium over TC

i think any servicing related to honda is expensive. their cars already expensive to start with.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

Latio79
  • Premium member
    Latio79
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I agree that TC service package is value for $ and it includes parts too.
The service is also good and they have a good & comfortable waiting area.

Too bad Teana dun have NPMP..Dun understand why.. dry.gif

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:37 PM

Pchmj
  • Pchmj
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Don't be too fast to rule out all AD servicing is 'chop carrot'. Nissan NPMP includes parts and labour. Parts including usual wear and tear stuffs like brake pads, change of transmission fluid and whatever fluid, whatever belt, air-con servicing, spark plug, wheel alignment etc. Sign up and no need worry about hidden cost or anything that breaks down. Anything not happy with the car just go in kpkb, they will take in, service and it's FOC.

Go outside workshop base price is much cheaper, but each extra individual items have extra cost for both parts and labour, end up may be same price or worse, cost even more. It's even better if car is out of warranty, major parts are covered with the NPMP.

After saying so much, I think I can be their servicing salesman. tongue.gif

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:50 PM

Sazali
  • Sazali
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for the feedback guys..think i'll sign up for NPMP once the 3 free servicing to 10K is over..

I might oso consider signing up for Tan Chong Malaysia NPMP, they have 2 service centres in Jaybee area..I checked almost half price hahahhahaha

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:55 PM

Godfinger
  • Premium member
    Godfinger
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I completed my full NPMP which was meant for a good 36 months.
I inherited this NPMP when I purchase a used Sunny 12 months back.
This NPMP is transferrable and it actuallys brings up
the value of your resale which also explains why I
ended up buying my current ride.

Throughout the NPMP, I have changed FOC Brake Pads/Disc/Absorbers, All
belts, AT oil, all fluids, wipers and best of all, I changed my meter console
which I saw the cost is $1.2K if I were to pay for it.
NPMP is good cos it replaces every single item if faulty (Other then accersories) and
batteries can be purchased 25% off during this cover.

If not for the costly renewal, I would have signed up another
24 months NPMP again.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:12 PM

Osiris
  • Premium member
    Osiris
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Don't be too fast to rule out all AD servicing is 'chop carrot'. Nissan NPMP includes parts and labour. Parts including usual wear and tear stuffs like brake pads, change of transmission fluid and whatever fluid, whatever belt, air-con servicing, spark plug, wheel alignment etc. Sign up and no need worry about hidden cost or anything that breaks down. Anything not happy with the car just go in kpkb, they will take in, service and it's FOC.

Go outside workshop base price is much cheaper, but each extra individual items have extra cost for both parts and labour, end up may be same price or worse, cost even more. It's even better if car is out of warranty, major parts are covered with the NPMP.

After saying so much, I think I can be their servicing salesman. tongue.gif

I agree. No hidden cost unless premature failure of parts.
To lodge all power in one party and keep it there is to insure bad government and the sure and gradual deterioration of the public morals

Mark Twain

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:57 PM

Rickster
  • Premium member
    Rickster
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

What is NPMP huh?

I hav a 3 month old nissan and totally hav no idea wat is that! LOL

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:04 PM

Mits_jc
  • Premium member
    Mits_jc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Nissan Preventive Maintenance Program

What is NPMP huh?

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:22 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

have both TC and KM service experience, if full marks is 10, than I vote TC 8 thumbsup.gif and KM 4
price: TC transparent & reasonable, thumbsup.gif KM non-transparent & rediculous thumbsdown.gif,
Waiting area: TC comfortable seats c/w light food & drink & coffee thumbsup.gif , KM non-comfortable seats and plain water & coffee puls biscuit thumbsdown.gif

Edited by Quantum, 22 July 2009 - 05:22 PM.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:33 PM

Jazz
  • Premium member
    Jazz
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I did not sign up coz am a low mileage user. Service is alright but knowledge CMI

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:55 PM

Iziz
  • Iziz
    6th Gear
    Author Image

What is NPMP huh?

Tats becoz it is not offered for ur car :p

Also, its more applicable for ppl whose annual mileage is normal to high. Ur mileage shld be quite low hence there is no need. Give me a call if u need more details flowerface.gif

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:15 AM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thanks for the feedback guys..think i'll sign up for NPMP once the 3 free servicing to 10K is over..

I might oso consider signing up for Tan Chong Malaysia NPMP, they have 2 service centres in Jaybee area..I checked almost half price hahahhahaha

My advice don't sign up too soon after 10K... If yours is CVT, make sure the 4 servicing covers 60K, which is inclusive of CVT oil.

I start mine at 40K, so this would include 60K, and usually by 50K need to change belt too,also inclusive.
"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:51 AM

Sazali
  • Sazali
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

My advice don't sign up too soon after 10K... If yours is CVT, make sure the 4 servicing covers 60K, which is inclusive of CVT oil.

I start mine at 40K, so this would include 60K, and usually by 50K need to change belt too,also inclusive.

ah ok thanks..so after 10K just go for the normal 20k and 30K servicing at TCM before signing up for NPMP?

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:01 AM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

ah ok thanks..so after 10K just go for the normal 20k and 30K servicing at TCM before signing up for NPMP?

20K and 30K can go outside workshop, such as Autosaver, for cheaper servicing, since not much component need to be change suring these 2 servicing.

Actually I wanted to start the NPMP at 50K, but TCM told me during 40K my belt in very bad condition, so started NPMP at 40K.
"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Chong, Servicing, Package, NPMP and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users