Best shootout scene in movie history

Darth_mel

the fire and movement of the bank robbers and loud gunfire thundering away, when i watched it in cinema years ago i thought it was a beautiful bulletfest ballet!

The shootout scene was done w/o a sound stage. That is why it sounds so "not Hollywood". Like SAF firing range.

Hypersonic

Ya i tink in the movies police are always idiots. They like to use their soft skin vehicle doors especially to protect them from assault rifles like M16, AK47 etc! [sweatdrop]

If this was a John Woo movie, an overturned wooden table is enough to block all sorts of bullet, safe from grenade..

Those cops in this movie used their mickey mouse .45 sidearms and shot gun shooting about 100m away. Against M16 which is effective up to 400m away. No chance man. Not even those cops taking cover behind the 2 car doors. The aftermath was mayhem. Val Kilmer was so much younger those days. He was shot right during the shootout? I think he was dragged to safety by deNiro but died later.

Hypersonic

I like this one, esp the way they reload the gun.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q_Il_FYgKQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q_Il_FYgKQ</a>

That's Gun Kata..invented by the movie equlibrium..

Hypersonic

is it ? never saw that one before, thought high body count would be one of the Rambo movies ?

Then prepare to be amazed.. or amused.. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

If this was a John Woo movie, an overturned wooden table is enough to block all sorts of bullet, safe from grenade..

If it was a John Woo movie, die-die will also have some white doves flying slow motion somewhere.

(edited)

the fire and movement of the bank robbers and loud gunfire thundering away, when i watched it in cinema years ago i thought it was a beautiful bulletfest ballet!

If they ever show the movie here again, I will watch in a cinema with da best sound system man !

Here's my next best shootout scene:

Edited by Darth_mel

(edited)

I like the one in Predator. Where the whole team unloaded live ammo (I think) into the jungle. Knee quivering awesome.

Edited by Parkingidiot

I liked the drive in action sequence in Heat too, the part where DeNiro is trying to drive and and shoot the gunman while driving over the humps ...