Local motoring trend that comes and go.

Zxcvb

Turbocharged

1) Akimoto racing label on drivers side door.

10 years ago, I remembered this sticker was commonly visible in many tiong chias. Just like any trend, it soon died off. Anyone knows where Akimoto comes from??

2) Sharks gill vent.

People actually cut the sides to have that shark's gill vent. Think it originates from BMW.

3) De-spoiler.

I believe the trend of taking out the spoiler comes from an episode from initial D where the challenger drives a EVO without spoiler. Explaining the advantages of no spoiler in the race or something.

4) Chrome number plates.

Dying breed. Less chrome plates on the road, used to be the norm for all "enthusiastic" cars.

5) Euro plates.

Also becoming less after news report of TP/ROV catchings.

6) Wrong tuning brand on wrong car makes. (eg. TRD on Honda car)

As people are more motoring-aware and with internet access, there are less mis-match on the roads unlike many years ago.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

7) Bonnet protector.

A piece of plastic on the front of the bonnet. I think the placing of the protector itself destroys the bonnet.

wrong badging? try this

wa lao, even if the badging is correct the color is damn off, worse than SAF camo. only suitable for L plate. [laugh]

i remember last time secondary school we used to go to those mercedes with the logo in front and give it a huge yank to break it off. then take and hang on bag. my friend use to sell one for $3. lololol. come to think about it i wonder how much the poor owner of the car would have to pay to get it replaced.

wa lao, even if the badging is correct the color is damn off, worse than SAF camo. only suitable for L plate. [laugh]

i remember last time secondary school we used to go to those mercedes with the logo in front and give it a huge yank to break it off. then take and hang on bag. my friend use to sell one for $3. lololol. come to think about it i wonder how much the poor owner of the car would have to pay to get it replaced.

Wah. That one vandalism leh. My cousin got put in jail (one day) for that.

:blink:

so that other cars will stop and give way to this ugly car when the student is driving