Kenna speeding fine in Australia....how

S2077s

Neutral Newbie

yet some people can still complain .. that our gahment so strict.. a lil bit also fine and fine.

i guess those people wont even survive in aus.

↡ Advertisement

yet some people can still complain .. that our gahment so strict.. a lil bit also fine and fine.

i guess those people wont even survive in aus.

yeah man...they are really strict...once exceed even by a bit, they also fine u. i kena b4

(edited)

i jus received an A$80 speeding fine (exceed by 13km/h) from Govt. of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia in a rented car. How? Can i don't pay the fine.....can they come after me or something like that? Can i visit Australia again ever if i dont pay?

didn't know the speeding fine is so cheap now.. i got one for speeding 7km/h above the limit in 2002.. think it was A$140.. but we pass the money to my wife's aunt since it was her car.

If yours is rental company, just ask them to settle on your behalf..

or see whether u can pay online anot..

http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.asp?Document_ID=10366

or just don't pay and take your chance when visiting them in future..

Edited by Sony

Last month, i also tio one parking summon at perth. AUD$120.00, when return back to SIN. I also LL pay online. Sianz ~!! I park on the wrong side and have my lunch at the chinese roast duck shop at money street. That meal is expensive lo. AUD$25.00 + AUD$120.00 !!

Last month, i also tio one parking summon at perth. AUD$120.00, when return back to SIN. I also LL pay online. Sianz ~!! I park on the wrong side and have my lunch at the chinese roast duck shop at money street. That meal is expensive lo. AUD$25.00 + AUD$120.00 !!

u never try appealing?

Neutral Newbie

sigh reminds me. i got a A$197 fine for speeding at 18km/h more than the allowed 110km/h on the federal highway from Canberra to Sydney last Dec. Very Very expensive lesson. But luckily was only caught at that speed. Previously was travelling even faster. Can't imagine if caught at 160km/h

How you can caught? On the spot ask you to stop or wht? I was at perth freeway, travelling 160km/h le.. But seem like no police or camera.. Don't scare me ~!!

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Received this from the car rental.

"Please be advised that the reason for the charge of $38.50AUD onto your credit card relates to a speeding fine that ***car received and processed a Statutory Declaration/ Nomination with your details back to Victoria Police. hey will reissue this to you in your name at your address."

Does this mean that the amount charged was already the fine or isn't just the admin fee from the car rental? Will I receive another fine from the Vic Police?

Thanks

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Just to share, I also get caught on e speed cam in Perth, WA traveling at 115km on a 80km/hr highway last month. The rental co. Charged AUD50++ for administrative fee n I also received a fine of AUD700 from e local police...not typo error ... A bloody high fine of AUD700. So damn shock when I saw e summon letter. I'm going to write in n appeal n hoping they can waive e fine issued, no way m going to pay this kinda of monies ...

Edited by D_ccs

Just pay up and move on ......

You may end up paying more if you don't pay i.e. car rental company may load you with a surcharge

I do know that they Aust Govt is trying very hard to unify information so as to prevent tax losses etc, so don't be surprised if you end up being asked to pay up when you enter the country in future....

Not worth it...

For all those going to Europe and Australia, remember that ZERO tolerance is now the norm. You can get hauled up doing 81 in an 80 zone.

They operate on the philosophy that the speed limit is a LIMIT, not a TARGET, so if the limit is 100, be happy doing 90-95 so that you don't veer over 100 when going down hills. Also apart from obvious speed cameras, they have hidden ones, plus helicopters etc. And if you are trying to beat a red light by speeding up, their red light cameras sometimes come with an inbuilt speed camera so you may end up with a speeding fine instead of a red light one...... can't win either way.

• Praise 1

Just want to let you guys know that if you intend to return Australia next time, you need to pay the traffic fine. My wife told me she heard one lady arguing with the Australian officer at the embassy about her VISA problem, something about traffic fine and phone charges.

So for those students who think don't need to pay handphone bills or traffic fine when you are back, don't!

Edited by Trex101

NSW police very on. A wee bit over the speed limit and you get fined.

Agreed, my friends and me who went on separate trip to aus, also got fined on parking and speeding! But we paid the fines cause dont want any trouble in future. Lol.

• Praise 1

i jus received an A$80 speeding fine (exceed by 13km/h) from Govt. of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia in a rented car. How? Can i don't pay the fine.....can they come after me or something like that? Can i visit Australia again ever if i dont pay?

Hi, what you do at the end??

i also kena fine long time ago in melbourne. but they actually sent to the wrong addr but somehow the letter got to me. anyway i din pay & went bak melbourne. no issue.

on that occasion that i went bak there, my friend who was driving kena stopped for speeding in a small town. when we came bak, my friend wrote in to appeal & besides saying the std story being a tourist dun know the small town traffic rules, he also stated that his driving record in sg is excellent (he used the 5% ncb rebate printout to show proof). in the end the offence was waived (they wrote bak).

i also kena parking fine in sweden (>$100!!!). wrote in saying tourist blah blah blah & they actually bothered to reply & waive the fine! otherwise the rental company (hertz) would hv to deduct the $$ fr credit card.

so, best if u take some time to write in, they may appreciate that & waive the fine. they may also promote aussie tourism by waiving the fine :-)

Got the sample letter :'(