Kenna speeding fine in Australia....how

S2077s

When I embarked on a driving holiday in Australia in Dec 2013, the Avis rep handling the rental kept reminding us that the traffic laws are very strict in Australia and fines are stiff. He sounded so serious that we, the drivers and co-drivers kept to the speed limit all the time. I don't think it impacted the journey because we had planned a leisurely route and the slower pace allowed us to enjoy the sceneries safely.

Back to the question -

If you want a legal answer - then one should pay up the fine if one is guilty of the offence. I am sure this is written in the fine prints of the car rental contract.

If you want a moral answer - then it is up to you. One is guilty whether one wants to pay the fine or not. Whether one feels 'guilty' if the fine is not paid will depend on his conscience.

If you want a 'safe or not' answer - reading postings from this thread, it seems it is a gamble where the odds are unclear.

Edited by kermitfm
↡ Advertisement

What's the better excuse, rather than i don't know?

Thanks for the reply.

"i just testing how fast the car can go, i heard OZ car is much more faster than Malaysia car on NSHW "   [rolleyes]  [rolleyes]

Apart from doing the right thing - which should be the only thing, BTW.

You won't be able to return without getting into trouble.

Not a good way to start your next Aussie trip..

I was doing 120kph in Iceland, copped a 200$ fine. Paid up, even though I didn't think I will be back anytime soon.

But it was the right thing to do. I know $820 is a lot, but you won't sleep poorly thinking you didn't do right by yourself.

And your kids will know daddy did the right thing.

Please don't pay.

Next time fly to Oz and get arrested at the airport.

Border security is one of my favourite TV programs

and I look forward to seeing TS on TV.

:D

BorderSecurity.jpg

6206d2baf3f7632a039c2d496236d3e6b23ffffb

• Praise 2

AUS820 is a lot of fine, he probably kena chase by the TP for few blocks before they manage to stop him [laugh][laugh]

820 should be the total of a few tickets.

One of our MCF kaki also kena last year. Think 500+ from 3 tickets.

He just paid up.

Should come to MCF earlier. Then wont get into "I dono" situation. :D

• Praise 1

anyone who thinks he really dont know... are all too kind...

how to kenna so many tickets on one trip? 

basically.. every driver slows down.. he zooms tru..  

everyone dutifully drop to speed limit.. he hero and laugh at other's ''stupidity''

now.. i will offer no comforting words.. 

ORBIGOOD on ur 820AUD 

Edited by SuPerBoRed
  • Praise 2

Australia is such a big country

the cars all so powerful

the roads so long and straight

why cannot speed?

Why Australia fine fine fine?

I thought it was a free country?

Sounds like they are worse than us.

:D

If you bother to ask...that means you already have the intention to "siam".....come on lah bro.....got money to go Ozzy holiday but no money to pay A$80 fine....is it worth it to carry this "sinful" feeling for the rest of your life? Be a man...do the right thing : [:p]

• Praise 1

Why mine so much!! I went to their website try to find this infringement via the Obligation number but cannot find, how now? I'm going back AU again this May leh.... [smallcry]

post-140851-0-68115600-1484300757_thumb.png

I kena speeding fine twice in Melbourne on 2 separate trips, one at Great Ocean road and the other time at Mornington Peninsula.  On both occasions, I exceeded the limit by a single digit ONLY.  The fine were AUD 300.  Appealed on the first time and was rejected.  Did not bother to appeal for the second time.  Paid up on both occasions.  Australia is such a beautiful country to visit and especially for drive vacation and I am sure, a lot of people will re-visit.  Not worth the risk.

BTW, I also kenna a parking summon before for exceeding time limit.  It was AUD70....  Paid at the post office...

Why mine so much!! I went to their website try to find this infringement via the Obligation number but cannot find, how now? I'm going back AU again this May leh.... [smallcry]

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

3k for exceeding the limit by 6 km/h doesn't seem likely. How did you get this notice?

Possibility of a scam?

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

I suggest you spend a little money doing a long distance call if you can't resolve it by email. Just in case it's a typo or a scam..

Capture.PNG

you rent from hertz then better check with them also. maybe hertz send you a wrong summon.

i thought for rental car, the company will deduct your credit first [sweatdrop]

I kena speeding fine twice in Melbourne on 2 separate trips, one at Great Ocean road and the other time at Mornington Peninsula.  On both occasions, I exceeded the limit by a single digit ONLY.  The fine were AUD 300.  Appealed on the first time and was rejected.  Did not bother to appeal for the second time.  Paid up on both occasions.  Australia is such a beautiful country to visit and especially for drive vacation and I am sure, a lot of people will re-visit.  Not worth the risk.

BTW, I also kenna a parking summon before for exceeding time limit.  It was AUD70....  Paid at the post office...

appealed rejected  [bigcry]

3k for exceeding the limit by 6 km/h doesn't seem likely. How did you get this notice?

Possibility of a scam?

I received a credit card charge for 2 consecutive months of AUD20+ & 30+ from Hertz so I sent an email to enquire since I have already paid in cash when I returned the car at the airport.

Then they told me I din pay toll & also got a summon & that AUD30+ is their admin charges for summon, the AUD20+ is for the toll. That's when I enquired in details where & when I got the summon & the toll.....

Excess of 6km/hr only how come so heavy fine??

↡ Advertisement