Best Roast Duck

• Search this thread
87 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:02 PM

Picnic06
  • Premium member
    Picnic06
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Craving for roast duck and any suggestion where is the best roast duck stall in Singapore ?

Used to buy roast duck from a stall along Jln Mata Ayer off Sembawang Road and another along Jalan Legundi also off Sembawang Road. thumbsup.gif

Tried Tiong Bahru one not that fantastic as claimed. Also tried Golden Duck along Balestier Rd. Johnson Loke Duck had gone downhill thumbsdown.gif .......

One of my favourite is along Paya Leber Road after ITE, beside former BP petrol kiosk. It had been shifted to somewhere ever since the building of MRT (Circle Line). Anyone got any information on this stall had shifted too.

Thanks .... wave.gif

Edited by Picnic06, 01 August 2009 - 12:03 PM.

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:08 PM

Enzomatrix
  • Premium member
    Enzomatrix
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Blk 69 Bedok south ave 3
Ming Kee Roast Duck
Link Court Pte Ltd

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:10 PM

Picnic06
  • Premium member
    Picnic06
    2Fast2Furious

Blk 69 Bedok south ave 3
Ming Kee Roast Duck
Link Court Pte Ltd

Ok....noted.... sunny.gif

Thanks

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:15 PM

Enzomatrix
  • Premium member
    Enzomatrix
    5th Gear

Ok....noted.... sunny.gif

Thanks

no problem thumbsup.gif

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:18 PM

Whyeme
  • Whyeme
    4th Gear

check from
ieatishootipost

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:50 PM

Ahliew
  • Premium member
    Ahliew
    6th Gear

"One of my favourite is along Paya Leber Road after ITE, beside former BP petrol kiosk. It had been shifted to somewhere ever since the building of MRT (Circle Line). Anyone got any information on this stall had shifted too."

do you mean kay lee roast meat?

its just furthur down at upp paya lebar road.
you cant miss it.

=======================
Quote of the day: you'll never know [sly]

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:54 PM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    5th Gear

I don't like kay lee. I think it is over-rated. my office is just opposite it so I have plenty of chance to try it. What puts me off is the heat during lunch time and the flies in the shop.

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:12 PM

Add001
  • Add001
    Clutched

Anyone tried Johnson Duck Bt Timah Road opp. Beauty World Shopping Centre?
It has been there for at least 15 or 20 years already if my memory still good.
Never close shop after so many years means must be good loh. IMHO

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:12 PM

Gary84
  • Gary84
    Turbocharged

Johnson all along isnt good anyway....
One of the better ones is Fatty Cheong from Blk 6, Jln Bukit Merah #01-120 ABC Hawker Ctr. thumbsup.gif
You can find it in ieatishootipost.blogspot.com

Craving for roast duck and any suggestion where is the best roast duck stall in Singapore ?

Used to buy roast duck from a stall along Jln Mata Ayer off Sembawang Road and another along Jalan Legundi also off Sembawang Road. thumbsup.gif

Tried Tiong Bahru one not that fantastic as claimed. Also tried Golden Duck along Balestier Rd. Johnson Loke Duck had gone downhill thumbsdown.gif .......

One of my favourite is along Paya Leber Road after ITE, beside former BP petrol kiosk. It had been shifted to somewhere ever since the building of MRT (Circle Line). Anyone got any information on this stall had shifted too.

Thanks .... wave.gif

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:44 PM

Powerhouse
  • Powerhouse
    3rd Gear

How about at Ubi ?

I think the name is "YAN QUAN" by the roadside. I find their Peking duck is delicious and reasonable price.
VICTORY belongs to the man who, believe the most and the longest.

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:47 PM

Arowana1
  • Arowana1
    5th Gear

how about the one at bt batok? near swimming pool

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:52 PM

Picnic06
  • Premium member
    Picnic06
    2Fast2Furious

"One of my favourite is along Paya Leber Road after ITE, beside former BP petrol kiosk. It had been shifted to somewhere ever since the building of MRT (Circle Line). Anyone got any information on this stall had shifted too."

do you mean kay lee roast meat?

its just furthur down at upp paya lebar road.
you cant miss it.

Oh Yes, that's the one ...... thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Thanks

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:54 PM

Enzomatrix
  • Premium member
    Enzomatrix
    5th Gear

Anyone tried Johnson Duck Bt Timah Road opp. Beauty World Shopping Centre?
It has been there for at least 15 or 20 years already if my memory still good.
Never close shop after so many years means must be good loh. IMHO

johnson quality has gone south with the years.... dizzy.gif

for fatty cheong, somehow i find it lacks the kick~ ph34r.gif

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:56 PM

Picnic06
  • Premium member
    Picnic06
    2Fast2Furious

How about at Ubi ?

I think the name is "YAN QUAN" by the roadside. I find their Peking duck is delicious and reasonable price.

Yes, I bought one this afternoon after I post this thread.

They are selling Peking Duck at $13.90c ... not bad .... thumbsup.gif

The queue was long and illegal parking along Ubi Road 1 just to queue to buy 'Peking Duck' .....

Edited by Picnic06, 01 August 2009 - 10:59 PM.

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:42 AM

Ultramega
  • Ultramega
    6th Gear

I don't like kay lee. I think it is over-rated. my office is just opposite it so I have plenty of chance to try it. What puts me off is the heat during lunch time and the flies in the shop.

Agree.

And they are quite expensive. The amount of duck they give for a $4 plate of duck rice is really pathetic. I ate there once....wah lau, not full at all! Had to walk down to the corner Indian shop to eat another 2 prata. shakehead.gif

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:48 AM

Aristotle
  • Aristotle
    4th Gear

how about the one at bt batok? near swimming pool

Ok only lah. One of the best roast meat/duck/ribs I have tried is the coffeeshop opp Serangoon Stadium, the one with Botak Jones. Try their char siew. Yummy thumbsup.gif

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:50 AM

Limhm
  • Limhm
    5th Gear

U can try Xiang Ji @ Toa Payoh Central....it's somewhere behind Hang Ten n Hock Hua...hidden behind...

Many pp eat their during lunch n dinner time...but they hav enuff seats cos they rented somemore space from nex dr.

Their roast duck is juicy n char siew is tasty.

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:07 AM

Tonyg
  • Premium member
    Tonyg
    4th Gear

There is one very good crispy roast duck along upper Bt.Timah Rd the food lane where Courts is namely Charcoal dont know where are they now. Quite pricey but good. Any bros know?

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:10 AM

Seaweed
  • Seaweed
    Supercharged

the coffeeshop opposite loyang tao pei kong... thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:12 AM

Zhihao
  • Premium member
    Zhihao
    3rd Gear

http://www.hungrygow...x_eating_house/

roast duck is really nice... char siew and roast pork so so.... IMO, one of the best roast duck in s'pore, better than kay lee for sure...

but kay lee char siew is really cannot fight, bloody good...

as for roast pork, there is one small little stall in bukit ho swee hawker center... very very crispy and chili is damn shiok...

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Others Top

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users