Best Roast Duck

Picnic06-Biante15

Craving for roast duck and any suggestion where is the best roast duck stall in Singapore ?

Used to buy roast duck from a stall along Jln Mata Ayer off Sembawang Road and another along Jalan Legundi also off Sembawang Road. [thumbsup]

Tried Tiong Bahru one not that fantastic as claimed. Also tried Golden Duck along Balestier Rd. Johnson Loke Duck had gone downhill [thumbsdown] .......

One of my favourite is along Paya Leber Road after ITE, beside former BP petrol kiosk. It had been shifted to somewhere ever since the building of MRT (Circle Line). Anyone got any information on this stall had shifted too.

Thanks .... [wave]

Edited by Picnic06
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

"One of my favourite is along Paya Leber Road after ITE, beside former BP petrol kiosk. It had been shifted to somewhere ever since the building of MRT (Circle Line). Anyone got any information on this stall had shifted too."

do you mean kay lee roast meat?

its just furthur down at upp paya lebar road.

you cant miss it.

Turbocharged

I don't like kay lee. I think it is over-rated. my office is just opposite it so I have plenty of chance to try it. What puts me off is the heat during lunch time and the flies in the shop.

Neutral Newbie

Anyone tried Johnson Duck Bt Timah Road opp. Beauty World Shopping Centre?

It has been there for at least 15 or 20 years already if my memory still good.

Never close shop after so many years means must be good loh. IMHO

Johnson all along isnt good anyway....

One of the better ones is Fatty Cheong from Blk 6, Jln Bukit Merah #01-120 ABC Hawker Ctr. [thumbsup]

You can find it in ieatishootipost.blogspot.com

Craving for roast duck and any suggestion where is the best roast duck stall in Singapore ?

Used to buy roast duck from a stall along Jln Mata Ayer off Sembawang Road and another along Jalan Legundi also off Sembawang Road. [thumbsup]

Tried Tiong Bahru one not that fantastic as claimed. Also tried Golden Duck along Balestier Rd. Johnson Loke Duck had gone downhill [thumbsdown] .......

One of my favourite is along Paya Leber Road after ITE, beside former BP petrol kiosk. It had been shifted to somewhere ever since the building of MRT (Circle Line). Anyone got any information on this stall had shifted too.

Thanks .... [wave]

"One of my favourite is along Paya Leber Road after ITE, beside former BP petrol kiosk. It had been shifted to somewhere ever since the building of MRT (Circle Line). Anyone got any information on this stall had shifted too."

do you mean kay lee roast meat?

its just furthur down at upp paya lebar road.

you cant miss it.

Oh Yes, that's the one ...... [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Thanks

Anyone tried Johnson Duck Bt Timah Road opp. Beauty World Shopping Centre?

It has been there for at least 15 or 20 years already if my memory still good.

Never close shop after so many years means must be good loh. IMHO

johnson quality has gone south with the years.... [dizzy]

for fatty cheong, somehow i find it lacks the kick~ :ph34r:

(edited)

How about at Ubi ?

I think the name is "YAN QUAN" by the roadside. I find their Peking duck is delicious and reasonable price.

Yes, I bought one this afternoon after I post this thread.

They are selling Peking Duck at $13.90c ... not bad .... [thumbsup]

The queue was long and illegal parking along Ubi Road 1 just to queue to buy 'Peking Duck' .....

Edited by Picnic06

I don't like kay lee. I think it is over-rated. my office is just opposite it so I have plenty of chance to try it. What puts me off is the heat during lunch time and the flies in the shop.

Agree.

And they are quite expensive. The amount of duck they give for a $4 plate of duck rice is really pathetic. I ate there once....wah lau, not full at all! Had to walk down to the corner Indian shop to eat another 2 prata. [shakehead]

how about the one at bt batok? near swimming pool

Ok only lah. One of the best roast meat/duck/ribs I have tried is the coffeeshop opp Serangoon Stadium, the one with Botak Jones. Try their char siew. Yummy [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

U can try Xiang Ji @ Toa Payoh Central....it's somewhere behind Hang Ten n Hock Hua...hidden behind...

Many pp eat their during lunch n dinner time...but they hav enuff seats cos they rented somemore space from nex dr.

Their roast duck is juicy n char siew is tasty.

There is one very good crispy roast duck along upper Bt.Timah Rd the food lane where Courts is namely Charcoal dont know where are they now. Quite pricey but good. Any bros know?

↡ Advertisement