Best Roast Duck

Picnic06-Biante15

My favorite roast duck stall is 陈光记 at a coffee shop within Loyang Industrial Park (opposite Loyang Tua Pek Kong). The meat is juicy & tender, skin is rather crisy and not too oily. But per bird is ~S$40.

Another good one I can think of is 妹妹 at Ubi Industrial estate. The duck is larger than average, but still as tender and taste good. IIRC the owner used to work for Kay Lee for >10 years, and probably gotten part of the recipe there.

Loyang 64+4 ah?

Yeah. Very nice. Come with plum sauce etc. Their char Siew also fantastic.

But prices is on the high side. One drum stick is like $7-8

Hypersonic

Another good one I can think of is 妹妹 at Ubi Industrial estate. The duck is larger than average, but still as tender and taste good. IIRC the owner used to work for Kay Lee for >10 years, and probably gotten part of the recipe there.

i tried kay lee at suntec...if that's their standard before they sold off the business, then i don't think it is tasty where roast duck is concerned

meat too tough for old man's teeth

[sweatdrop]

Loyang 64+4 ah?

Yeah. Very nice. Come with plum sauce etc. Their char Siew also fantastic.

But prices is on the high side. One drum stick is like $7-8

Yes, should be that coffee shop (didn't bother with the shop name cos I am just after the duck). Yes, it is ex, but I just can't resist the crave for it.

i tried kay lee at suntec...if that's their standard before they sold off the business, then i don't think it is tasty where roast duck is concerned

meat too tough for old man's teeth

[sweatdrop]

Never tried the one at Suntec, but I do notice a drop in standard just before the business were sold off to Aztech.
  • Praise 4

My favorite roast duck stall is 陈光记 at a coffee shop within Loyang Industrial Park (opposite Loyang Tua Pek Kong). The meat is juicy & tender, skin is rather crisy and not too oily. But per bird is ~S$40.

Another good one I can think of is 妹妹 at Ubi Industrial estate. The duck is larger than average, but still as tender and taste good. IIRC the owner used to work for Kay Lee for >10 years, and probably gotten part of the recipe there.

Hi the ubi one, is it the one with 2-3 ducks stall along one row?

worth a try. One of the nicer if not the nicest restaurant level roast duck. The skin is crisp, just nice amt of skin fat and the meat is very tender. 

Want to try, try the scott's road one, the other branch at vivocity I tried, the duck still about the same but the rest of the non-duck dishes like the noodles and soup taste saltier, dunno why. [laugh]

Anyone tried this Royal London Duck?
$48 for whole duck reared in the UK seems reasonable.

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 2

Hi the ubi one, is it the one with 2-3 ducks stall along one row?

Nope, not along the row of whole seller. It is within a coffee shop.

For whole seller category, 焱全 at Ubi not bad, and it is very cheap (<$20/bird).

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 5

worth a try. One of the nicer if not the nicest restaurant level roast duck. The skin is crisp, just nice amt of skin fat and the meat is very tender. 

Want to try, try the scott's road one, the other branch at vivocity I tried, the duck still about the same but the rest of the non-duck dishes like the noodles and soup taste saltier, dunno why. [laugh]

if @porker chia roast duck, i will sure leave the backside for him 

@enye can have the breast part

:XD:

• Praise 1

Nope, not along the row of whole seller. It is within a coffee shop.

For whole seller category, 焱全 at Ubi not bad, and it is very cheap (<$20/bird).

Okie...i only noe there got one coffeeshop the mixed veg rice is yummy, lunch time very crowded

Thx for the recommendation, will try if got chance

Okie...i only noe there got one coffeeshop the mixed veg rice is yummy, lunch time very crowded

Thx for the recommendation, will try if got chance

Got the details, thanks to Mr. Google.

Mei Mei Roast Meat

1st Stop Food Junction
Blk 3014 Ubi Road 1 #01-308 S408702
Tel: 98208391
10am-5pm Monday-Saturday
10am-3pm Sunday and PH.

Stall21.jpg
Mei-Mei2.jpg
  • Praise 6

My wife brought her parents to try. Found the noodles way too salty. They couldn't finish the food. So we condemned it.

But at a pot luck picnic, someone brought the whole duck and char siew. Actually quite yummy.

So looks like you had the same experience  [nod]

I think just go there and dabao the damn duck lol.

ABC, Fatty Cheong ð¬ð¬ð¬ðð

Used to be this big for drumstick, price went up n got smallerð©ð©ð© this was recently ð©ð©ð©

That huge piece of duck skin above the drum stick. Yummy.
  • Praise 1

My wife brought her parents to try. Found the noodles way too salty. They couldn't finish the food. So we condemned it.

But at a pot luck picnic, someone brought the whole duck and char siew. Actually quite yummy.

So looks like you had the same experience  [nod]

I think just go there and dabao the damn duck lol.

Good idea. Can save on 10% service charge somemore. [idea]

• Praise 4