Proton Waja and Perdana replacement

Mustang

It's confirmed that Proton had already start the bits and parts for the new models.Waja is simply rebagde from Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0GT(Not EVO X turbo) but using Proton own Campro 2.0 soft turbo version engine.Changes like grille,Steering,Audio,Rims and rear lights are done by Proton.For Perdana its Proton develop a new 2.3 Campro engine.Price for the Waja is expected to be around RM80,000-90,000 depending on the specs.For Perdana its RM93,000-103,000.

Sources:From a reliable sources which had contacts with Proton

↡ Advertisement

its been a long time since I logged on........anyway is this true? I'm driving a 1.5A EX and I certainly do not want this ting to happen...you got any pic or reports on this? it will be a sad day for all lancer ex owners!!!!! [sweatdrop][thumbsdown][smallcry]

its been a long time since I logged on........anyway is this true? I'm driving a 1.5A EX and I certainly do not want this ting to happen...you got any pic or reports on this? it will be a sad day for all lancer ex owners!!!!! [sweatdrop][thumbsdown][smallcry]

I think Mitsubishi are smart enough to facelift the Lancer or built totally new Lancer model.Just look at Proton Wira in 94.They are a bit like the old Lancer except for the rear lights.But when Proton introduced Wira in 94 Lancer has been facelifted since that,Similiar to Colt last time when Proton introduced Satria.I dun think its too undignity if your Lancer looks a bit like Proton.A Mitsubishi is still Mitsubishi.I'm sure there are different somewhere.

It's confirmed that Proton had already start the bits and parts for the new models.Waja is simply rebagde from Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0GT(Not EVO X turbo) but using Proton own Campro 2.0 soft turbo version engine.Changes like grille,Steering,Audio,Rims and rear lights are done by Proton.For Perdana its Proton develop a new 2.3 Campro engine.Price for the Waja is expected to be around RM80,000-90,000 depending on the specs.For Perdana its RM93,000-103,000.

Sources:From a reliable sources which had contacts with Proton

Read about it a while back. So looks like it is true that there be some collobaration btween Mits and Proton

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the new waja has a close resemblance to the EX. Both companies are on a very tight budget and Mit really need the money...so cannot bargain too much.

good for them...but only if Proton singapore prices the car correctly here...

Ya bro,Proton SG should wake their head up.If they reduce it to further 4k i'm sure there's even a handful normal plate Proton on SG road

ya...the Forte EX 1.6 fm $45,999

Proton Persona 1.6L fm $49,999...it's way too expensive...

having sat in both cars, the proton should be priced at least 3k lower than the Kia...

it has so much less features, and the styling is not as sporty and stylish as the Forte...

the rear seats of the Persona is also curiously so upright, it's really uncomfortable to seat in them...

ya...the Forte EX 1.6 fm $45,999

Proton Persona 1.6L fm $49,999...it's way too expensive...

having sat in both cars, the proton should be priced at least 3k lower than the Kia...

it has so much less features, and the styling is not as sporty and stylish as the Forte...

the rear seats of the Persona is also curiously so upright, it's really uncomfortable to seat in them...

Incidentally my company is thinking to change our Waja Fleet....What I know is Persona MT is @ $45,499 and AT $48,499....Forte is $500 more (Forte MT start from $45,999) with one air-bag less but come with free bodykit.... <_<

Shape wise Forte is nice but company usually prefer MIM cos we travel boleh land quite a bit...... [laugh]

Avante would be another one to consider.... [:p][/b][/b]

They are having a promotion for Persona, abt 46K+ instead of 50K+

Handling should be better than most JP and KR cars in this 1.6L category.

Overall, my opinion is, good value for money buy.

But too bad, space is tight front and rear = not suitable for me.

Tall people will have to crawl in and out of the car.

They are having a promotion for Persona, abt 46K+ instead of 50K+

Handling should be better than most JP and KR cars in this 1.6L category.

Overall, my opinion is, good value for money buy.

But too bad, space is tight front and rear = not suitable for me.

Tall people will have to crawl in and out of the car.

Ya...my company Waja is more spacious than Persona and is also better than many MIJ, MIT & MIK 1.6L.... [thumbsup]

Persona fuel consumption is better than Forte.Accessories Forte win.Now they having promo for Persona for $44,999/47,999

↡ Advertisement