Chevrolet Cruz

Kangadrool

I went to Ubi for a test drive yesterday afternoon. I read earlier one bro mentioned this ride is quiet. yes it's quiet only at low speed. the pick-up is indeed slow. if you accelerate more the engine will roar louder in protest I think becos of its weight. the only good things are the 6 speed auto, front one and interior design.

Was looking at the manual 1.6 verson. At $54k ++, it is priced much above avante. dont think someone looking for a no-frills manual will bite unless dont mind paying for the nice interior (built in sound system etc)

its shooting itself in the foot with such pricing. this is creeping into vios territory and its going to be a failure if the AD still dun wake up.

the avante once try to compete with the altis on pricing but in the end lose big time.now its even cheaper than vios.

The interior looks really very cool! Saw it this morning. the 1.6L interior blue light is very soothing. 1.8L feels very up market with the leather treatment, cruise control and Dual VVT technology.

very very gian.. [thumbsup]

This car the interior should look good just don't know about the material used. If the engine is dual VVT, then it is the first in its class. But not too sure about the output.

This car is base on an european model. Almost in every departments just only is made in S.Korean. Should be not bad. Worth to take a look.

Chevrolet is real value for money.

German Body (same body platform with New Opel Astra), Twin Variable v/v technology, 6-speed gear box.

It is really a Gem at this price, Don't be blind by Brand name that has conditioned our people for years, liberate our mind now.

This car the interior should look good just don't know about the material used. If the engine is dual VVT, then it is the first in its class. But not too sure about the output.

This car is base on an european model. Almost in every departments just only is made in S.Korean. Should be not bad. Worth to take a look.

May I know what does ppls here view on the location made in?

Which is better below?

Made in Thailand or made in Korea?

actually does it really matter?

Maybe to you it doesn't.

But to a whole lot of people, it does matter ... by a lot.

Would I buy a Merc that's not made in Germany? No.

Or a Bang & Olufsen TV not made in Denmark? No.

Or a Miele washing machine that's not made in Germany? No.

Or a bulthaup kitchen that's not from Germany? No.

Or an LV bag that's not made in France? No.

Or a Leica camera that's not made in Germany? No.

Now some of these brand names do have factories elsewhere ..... but I am very selective when it comes to my "decision to own", and will always be based on the country of manufacture, regardless of brand ..... as after all, its my money and I decide what I want to and what I do not wish to buy.

Korean cars unfortunately, fall into the latter group.

No forum debate, sales talk or plain harping on the fact that 'the Koreans have arrived' will convince me to buy a Samsung or LG product .... or for that matter cars too. Like I say again, to each his own money and decision.

When Chevrolet building car, Honda still not yet build motorcycle..... [laugh]

Unfortunately, the great American Chevvys are as different from the Daewoo-made Chevrolet sold here, as an apple is to a rambutan.

Daewoo was an ailing company close to Chapter 11 in the 90's, bought over lock-stock-and-barrel by GM and what they did was just to rebadge the same Daewoo cars being churned out of the Korean factory.

There is no Chevvy DNA in these Daewoo cars, whatsoever. [thumbsdown]

Maybe to you it doesn't.

But to a whole lot of people, it does matter ... by a lot.

Would I buy a Merc that's not made in Germany? No.

Or a Bang & Olufsen TV not made in Denmark? No.

Or a Miele washing machine that's not made in Germany? No.

Or a bulthaup kitchen that's not from Germany? No.

Or an LV bag that's not made in France? No.

Or a Leica camera that's not made in Germany? No.

Now some of these brand names do have factories elsewhere ..... but I am very selective when it comes to my "decision to own", and will always be based on the country of manufacture, regardless of brand ..... as after all, its my money and I decide what I want to and what I do not wish to buy.

Korean cars unfortunately, fall into the latter group.

No forum debate, sales talk or plain harping on the fact that 'the Koreans have arrived' will convince me to buy a Samsung or LG product .... or for that matter cars too. Like I say again, to each his own money and decision.

actually it really does not matter cos' as long as it is design by the original country is good enuf ie. merc or miele design by germany, cos nowadays engineers very smart, they call it design for manufacturing and they got all the quality in-built into the manufacturing process, ie.e the industrial robots will built the cars according to the program entered by the german engineers and they will leave the 'button pushing' to say the thai technician or operators so Merc if design in germany but manufacture in thailand is just as good cos quality 'built in' by the engineers.

i will be worried when merc is design in thailand and manufacture in germany [laugh]

Edited by relacker

Neutral Newbie

Unfortunately, the great American Chevvys are as different from the Daewoo-made Chevrolet sold here, as an apple is to a rambutan.

Daewoo was an ailing company close to Chapter 11 in the 90's, bought over lock-stock-and-barrel by GM and what they did was just to rebadge the same Daewoo cars being churned out of the Korean factory.

There is no Chevvy DNA in these Daewoo cars, whatsoever. [thumbsdown]

Last time your singapore ancestor is coolie refugee from china.. does that also mean you and all your descendants are condemned coolie forever? [shakehead]

A Korean married Daewood and produced Aveo in a local factory. GM married Daewood after the Korean went Bankrupt, AVEO is the step children of the Daewood/GM marriage.

Years later, GM/Daewood produced Cruze in the same local factory. Though AVEO & Cruze are produced from the same factory, both are different, AVEO's father is Korean while Cruze's father is GM.

Some may argue that it is desiged in Korea, so that make it a Korean car.

HP printer is designed and manufactured in China, does that mean that HP printer is a China printer?

who knows, maybe some of the designers from BMW are Korean or Japanese, but that does not make BMW a Jap or Korean car.

↡ Advertisement