Volkswagen Announces Recall Transmission

• Search this thread
123 replies to this topic | 3 praises

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:05 PM

Luckcent
  • Premium member
    Luckcent
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Guys/gals....please take note...should your ride needs to ....better make arrangement. Don't flame me because recall is in USA. Singapore, I am not sure.

Volkswagen of America has issued a voluntary recall for about 13,500 vehicles equipped with DSG transmissions. Apparently a faulty temperature sensor in the said DSG transmission is reportedly the problem. Failure of the temperature sensor could result in illuminated warning lamps in the dashboard, and in rare instances the transmission may shift into neutral.

The recall affects models like the Jetta, Jetta SportWagen, GTI, and Eos built between September 2008 and August 2009. Affected owners are encouraged to call local Volkswagen retailers to schedule an appointment to have their vehicle inspected and repaired.
==================================================

Failure is not defeat unless you stop trying

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

Ryap395
  • Ryap395
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The Volkswagen Touran I drive 1.4 TSI, with a cracked piston after just over 40K, my mechanic told me my car is his thrid or 4th car with such problem, but mine seem the newest car of such problem "Crack Piston". The car experienced jerking / knocking when you accelarate. The Crack Fragment also scratch your Engine Housing as a result the whole engine block need to be either machining / grind or upsize the piston.. worse still.. you may need to change the whole engine block. I am trying post the photo, but I don't know how.

I register this forum to share with those who has high hope with VW but eventually they are just CHEATER on their reliability. I am truely dissappointed and will NEVER NEVER buy another VW.

For those who is interested, I will post the Pictures to you, on the cracked Piston and other photo I gather.

my Car still in workshop now.

ryap395@gmail.com, post me if you need the photo or any advise you might have.

#$%*&@ WV..

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

Relagsingh
  • Premium member
    Relagsingh
    Turbocharged

Cracked piston?

One thing leads to another. I would demand a full engine swap if I were you.
.:.:.:.:.::: Shoot the driver... Not the car :::.:.:.:.:.

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    NOS-ed

The Volkswagen Touran I drive 1.4 TSI, with a cracked piston after just over 40K, my mechanic told me my car is his thrid or 4th car with such problem, but mine seem the newest car of such problem "Crack Piston". The car experienced jerking / knocking when you accelarate. The Crack Fragment also scratch your Engine Housing as a result the whole engine block need to be either machining / grind or upsize the piston.. worse still.. you may need to change the whole engine block. I am trying post the photo, but I don't know how.

I register this forum to share with those who has high hope with VW but eventually they are just CHEATER on their reliability. I am truely dissappointed and will NEVER NEVER buy another VW.

For those who is interested, I will post the Pictures to you, on the cracked Piston and other photo I gather.

my Car still in workshop now.

ryap395@gmail.com, post me if you need the photo or any advise you might have.

#$%*&@ WV..

hopefully, you didn't service or change eo at outside w/s. Otherwise, you know lah.... If so, you should demand a replacement for the engine at least.

Edited by Kangadrool, 19 August 2013 - 05:23 PM.

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

Jajoba123
  • Jajoba123
    3rd Gear

am a ex-156 selespeed owner
had my fun with it, but the selespeed reliability wise, .... mad.gif
i thought robotised gear shift is proven to be not long lasting until VW came out the DSG.
i really thought VW is more reliable and more fun and can endure more when down shifting.
now is proven that robotised gear still got room for improvement.
now i only drive manual.

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

Hounddub
  • Hounddub
    Clutched

There are many things that VW does not want you to know about the lack of reliability with their cars. They have engaged PR agencies and law suits with individuals anywhere in the world when they have a problem.

Too much "high technology" in big-volume cars will always lead to failures.....they have spent 10 years trying to get market share from Toyota with this approach. Now it's coming back to bite them in the ass!

VW reliability issues with engines and gearboxes happening all over the world.

I would never buy one. If you want a quality piece of mass-produced machinery.....buy Japanese.

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

Sforester
  • Sforester
    2nd Gear

It always amazes me to see customer after customer in VW showroom despite a seemingly island-wide complaints about their transmission.

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

Caravan
  • Caravan
    5th Gear

Did you chip up your ride? I heard it's very common for VW/Audi to chip up their rides. That may be a cause of reliability problems.

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

Luckcent
  • Premium member
    Luckcent
    6th Gear

There are many things that VW does not want you to know about the lack of reliability with their cars. They have engaged PR agencies and law suits with individuals anywhere in the world when they have a problem.

Too much "high technology" in big-volume cars will always lead to failures.....they have spent 10 years trying to get market share from Toyota with this approach. Now it's coming back to bite them in the ass!

VW reliability issues with engines and gearboxes happening all over the world.

I would never buy one. If you want a quality piece of mass-produced machinery.....buy Japanese.

Very Worrisome is a rubbish make.....I can't say more cos others will say I cannot afford such cars.

Failure is not defeat unless you stop trying

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

Vega
  • Vega
    Turbocharged

TS, did you sign up as a member in VAG forum?

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

NOS-ed

It always amazes me to see customer after customer in VW showroom despite a seemingly island-wide complaints about their transmission.

Thinking whether VW DSG car really got problem?! Cause those vw car in my carpark here still around everyday le?! biggrin.gif
Life is very fragile.
Nobody knows what gonna happen next.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Zogel
  • Zogel
    1st Gear

Thinking whether VW DSG car really got problem?! Cause those vw car in my carpark here still around everyday le?! biggrin.gif

Yup. Same here. Every day, same spot. Most prob not driving much or already spoilt. wink.gif

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

NOS-ed

Yup. Same here. Every day, same spot. Most prob not driving much or already spoilt. wink.gif

Those vw cars in my carpark is driving everyday. But seems like no problem with their DSG.
Life is very fragile.
Nobody knows what gonna happen next.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    NOS-ed

Those vw cars in my carpark is driving everyday. But seems like no problem with their DSG.

got external LED display to say DSG rosak meh?

I think it will not come to a complete stall for most. Probably the most common complaint is the jerkings. laugh.gif Complete stall will come later.

Edited by Kangadrool, 20 August 2013 - 10:28 AM.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

Duckduck
  • Duckduck
    Supercharged

am a ex-156 selespeed owner
had my fun with it, but the selespeed reliability wise, .... mad.gif
i thought robotised gear shift is proven to be not long lasting until VW came out the DSG.
i really thought VW is more reliable and more fun and can endure more when down shifting.
now is proven that robotised gear still got room for improvement.
now i only drive manual.

pls try BMW's DCT... so far reliable n v fast shifting, prob best in class. its on d current/outgoing M3.
Pursuant to section 49, subsection 7e, paragraph a...

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Ocar
  • Ocar
    Neutral Newbie

Any idea whether the recall really fixed DSG problem? Thank you.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

Zvicki
  • Premium member
    Zvicki
    Neutral Newbie

Only volksvagon will know it

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

Hounddub
  • Hounddub
    Clutched

That's the main issue. The recall merely replaces defective goods with the same technology.

7 gears, 2 clutches, actuators, bearings all in a package the size of a basketball?........it just wants to eat itself!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

Sabretan
  • Premium member
    Sabretan
    5th Gear

LOL, got prblm or nt I really dunno,

but looking at the VWs on the roads nowadays, I wld guess VWs owners don't really care.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

BlueOldMan
  • BlueOldMan
    6th Gear

That's y I will Nv drive behind a Very Worrisome

Back to Volkswagen Auto Club  ·  Car Brands Top

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users