Volkswagen Announces Recall for DSG Transmission

Luckcent

You heard of taobao? You will be surprise you can get alot of VW Touran things from there.

And if you are talking about accidents situations, then there is little distinction between toyota or VW. All will be equally ex. And with ever increasing VW population and decreasing toyota population, who knows how things will turn out 5 years from now? [lipsrsealed]

not possible cos the very nature of the electronics n hi-tech parts will just make it higher. This is the same kinda technology used in Porsche, possibly even similar parts. 2 clutches, dsg etc. Anyhow, u just have to know what u r buying. Trouble is, a mass market car hardly attracts the more discerning buyer and therein lies the problem.

↡ Advertisement

not possible cos the very nature of the electronics n hi-tech parts will just make it higher. This is the same kinda technology used in Porsche, possibly even similar parts. 2 clutches, dsg etc. Anyhow, u just have to know what u r buying. Trouble is, a mass market car hardly attracts the more discerning buyer and therein lies the problem.

When i was deciding to get this vw car, i already factor in the higher maintenance costs including parts as is the general perception for conti cars vs jap or korean cars. I am sure most of vw owners would have done that.

And if you read the topics in vw forum you would have the idea that most of them can jolly well afford it. Sometimes i think it is a very haolian forum, and a very civilised one. Most of them.

You heard of taobao? You will be surprise you can get alot of VW Touran things from there.

And if you are talking about accidents situations, then there is little distinction between toyota or VW. All will be equally ex. And with ever increasing VW population and decreasing toyota population, who knows how things will turn out 5 years from now? [lipsrsealed]

Very strange! R u working for VW? My Picnic is coming to 8.5 years. 245k mileage. With regular maintenance. Not a single prnoblem.

VW will never overtake Toyota. This is a ccommon sense. After 5 years, many VW has to scrap. No resale value.

The only Conti car I trust is Mercedes.

By the way. Toyota Camry is the best selling car in America. 300,000 units per year. Also, check JD Power reliability rating. U guess. Japanese car makers are on the top.

In America, without a car and u can't go anyway. Car reliability is very important.

When i was deciding to get this vw car, i already factor in the higher maintenance costs including parts as is the general perception for conti cars vs jap or korean cars. I am sure most of vw owners would have done that.

And if you read the topics in vw forum you would have the idea that most of them can jolly well afford it. Sometimes i think it is a very haolian forum, and a very civilised one. Most of them.

So many many VW and AudI on the road in China.

Very strange! R u working for VW? My Picnic is coming to 8.5 years. 245k mileage. With regular maintenance. Not a single prnoblem.

VW will never overtake Toyota. This is a ccommon sense. After 5 years, many VW has to scrap. No resale value.

The only Conti car I trust is Mercedes.

Have you been keeping track of car sales this year?

Neutral Newbie

So even after recall, DSG still problematic? I heard their service very bad too. Need to call 1 month advance to book for servicing. No offense to VW owner. I am interested to replace my 6 yrs old car. So have to do some research before make decision which car to go for.

Neutral Newbie

Have you been keeping track of car sales this year?

Sales figures from Singapore over 1-2years mean nothing. Toyota is the number one manufacturer on earth....FACT!

VW has proportionally sold a lot of cars in the high COE environment here in SG, but look around the rest of Asia, US, AUS and even parts of Europe and you see Japanese cars dominate.

Ever noticed that when you travel to other countries the roads are dominated by old Toyotas...10, 15, 20 years old and still going strong. Besides old Beetles....you rarely see 15or 20 year old Golfs on the road.

No coincidence!

NEW REGISTRATION OF CARS BY MAKE ( 2013)

Strange but True.... VW is leading Toyota.

Did a test drive (Golf & Passat 1.8 twin turbo), the drive & pickup was Shiok!! [thumbsup]

After that just walked across to Toyota showroom, tried Camry 2.4.... [thumbsdown]

Reliability wise Toyota is good but....VW definitely surpasses Camry in almost all aspects.... the pick-up; driving pleasure; features; equipments etc

M03_Car_Regn_by_make.pdf

Neutral Newbie

Did a test drive (Golf & Passat 1.8 twin turbo), the drive & pickup was Shiok!! [thumbsup]

After that just walked across to Toyota showroom, tried Camry 2.4.... [thumbsdown]

Reliability wise Toyota is good but....VW definitely surpasses Camry in almost all aspects.... the pick-up; driving pleasure; features; equipments etc

Interesting. Toyota number must include Lexus.

No other market on earth has MB and BM has biggest sellers.

Porsche sold more than Honda YTD....wow!

Luxury cars dominate in high COE environment. Would be interesting to see rolling 10 year sales volumes.

Please hurry and buy. Bye. Bye. I can sleep very well with my Toyota for the 5 to 7 years.

Camry is for humbler family. Try IS250 or 86.

Please hurry and buy. Bye. Bye. I can sleep very well with my Toyota for the 5 to 7 years.

My humble and modest Toyota Altis for more than 7 years, 140K mileage, and I am still sleeping very well every night....no gearbox issues !!! [sleeping]

My humble and modest Toyota Altis for more than 7 years, 140K mileage, and I am still sleeping very well every night....no gearbox issues !!! [sleeping]

Why is that got gearbox issue, must not be able to sleep well is it? [hur]

You mean if you buy a VW car, suddenly you become cannot sleep well just because you have to keep worrying about the gearbox? Come on, there are bigger problems in this world to lose sleep over.

For your info, I have always been sleeping well at night! Both before and after I got my VW car. This issue really has been overblown.

got external LED display to say DSG rosak meh?

I think it will not come to a complete stall for most. Probably the most common complaint is the jerkings. [laugh] Complete stall will come later.

This explains...........VW cars do not fail on the road side. But they may have some troubles which may entail going to the AD to sort out.

↡ Advertisement