CPF Minimum Sum Scheme

Vextan

to be able to withdraw all from the cpf accounts, upon retirement age of 55 or thereabout. give the people the option to leave with anuity to earn monthly income, but not compulsory. also, provide subsidised transportation and medical care for elderly. is this too much to ask for, with few hundred billion dollars in our coffers (contributed by none other than the retirees themselves) ?

*put on anti-flame suit*

yes, I agree with you 100% for having an option to leave or withdraw CPF account.

↡ Advertisement

Someone ever think of the use of MA?? I found it ridiculars.... when u need to use it, they have plenty of restriction for you to use it... u can only claim how much and how much for hospitalisation, and how much and how much for the surgery & etc. So if a person admitted to hospital, he or she will most likely have to pay part of the medical expenses using cash, even if the MA balance is more than enof to foot the bill..... if MA is for medical use, why is there such restriction, what is the rational behind all these restriction????

Edited by Tigershark1976

Someone ever think of the use of MA?? I found it ridiculars.... when u need to use it, they have plenty of restriction for you to use it... u can only claim how much and how much for hospitalisation, and how much and how much for the surgery & etc. So if a person admitted to hospital, he or she will most likely have to pay part of the medical expenses using cash, even if the MA balance is more than enof to foot the bill..... if MA is for medical use, why is there such restriction, what is the rational behind all these restriction????

MA is the most punitive form of forced savings. It care not whether you have money or not to live. You cant touch it at all except for medical expenses on a limited scale. You are forced to leave unutilised sum to your nominee when you kaput even though you may have no money while you are alive and worst is your nominee may not be supporting you. WTF idea is that.

nothing will change.. unless we take back what is ours

What talking you? How to take back what is ours? Every 5 years we have a chance but many LL swallow what is given. Other ways, demonstrate or protest collectively or ask for referendum since it involves our sacred rights. If all else cannot, migrate. But WTF to migrate if cpf amount is not much. For those with alot in cpf WTF to migrate for small change in cpf.

Edited by Dumb

MA is suppose to be used to pay for the premiums for the insurance policy known as Medishield/Incomeshield, + the co-payment amount, or certain outpatient expenses. It is not meant for direct payment of the entire medical expenses.

Watch this video.

These are done by Swedish director Roy Andersson. Ingmar Bergmann did call him the best director in the world of all commercials. He specializes in deadpan humor.

The one commercial I think says a lot of our CPF is the last one with the people bailing out of the aeroplane. Those who keep CPF for retirement confirm got crash landing.

MA is suppose to be used to pay for the premiums for the insurance policy known as Medishield/Incomeshield, + the co-payment amount, or certain outpatient expenses. It is not meant for direct payment of the entire medical expenses.

that is what i meant... its call medisave account. its suppose to be use for medical purposes. if it is just for the use of medishield/ incomeshield, might as well call it insurance acc? Y must the gov set such so much restriction on it?

Actually all of us are given a chance to voice our opinion every 4-5 years. But most pple just never execute their rights. Comparing to pple from other courntries, when they are not happy with the policy, they voice out (through many ways). For us, we will only talk about migrating to other countries. Think about it. Who pay the garment? Who chose the leaders? It's everyone of us on this island. If we don't even know how to send the msg across, how do u expect them to hear us? Recently Malaysia & Japan have already shown us, nothing is impossible. Maybe we should consolidate the negative energy and convert them to positive one - making the right choice.

What talking you? How to take back what is ours? Every 5 years we have a chance but many LL swallow what is given. Other ways, demonstrate or protest collectively or ask for referendum since it involves our sacred rights. If all else cannot, migrate. But WTF to migrate if cpf amount is not much. For those with alot in cpf WTF to migrate for small change in cpf.

Neutral Newbie

Actually all of us are given a chance to voice our opinion every 4-5 years. But most pple just never execute their rights. Comparing to pple from other courntries, when they are not happy with the policy, they voice out (through many ways). For us, we will only talk about migrating to other countries. Think about it. Who pay the garment? Who chose the leaders? It's everyone of us on this island. If we don't even know how to send the msg across, how do u expect them to hear us? Recently Malaysia & Japan have already shown us, nothing is impossible. Maybe we should consolidate the negative energy and convert them to positive one - making the right choice.

often i hear singaporeans saying that the alternatives to the incumbents has NO track records in governing a country.

but for the recent japanese elections...the voters voted in a party which has NO track record in the past 50 years to run a country which is many times bigger.

often i hear singaporeans saying that the alternatives to the incumbents has NO track records in governing a country.

but for the recent japanese elections...the voters voted in a party which has NO track record in the past 50 years to run a country which is many times bigger.

Have you read about Hatoyama's background? He may be from opposition but his credential shows that he's from a long history of prominent politicians. True, comparatively, Singapore is still and infant nation but if you really look at the opposition, other than Chiam See Tong, Low Thia Khiang and Sylvia (can't remember her surname), who are more prominent, rest really cannot make it... Even then, sometimes I feel these people just take a pock shot at certain debates for the sake of making noise. I'm not 100% pro PAP but the current machinery they have is tough to beat unless they screw up themselves....

Have you read about Hatoyama's background? He may be from opposition but his credential shows that he's from a long history of prominent politicians. True, comparatively, Singapore is still and infant nation but if you really look at the opposition, other than Chiam See Tong, Low Thia Khiang and Sylvia (can't remember her surname), who are more prominent, rest really cannot make it... Even then, sometimes I feel these people just take a pock shot at certain debates for the sake of making noise. I'm not 100% pro PAP but the current machinery they have is tough to beat unless they screw up themselves....

Well there are lots of screwup, Mas Selamat case, Themasek huge loss just to name a few. Accountability????? In other countries... the ppl at the top would have resign in disgrace liao lor whether or not is their mistake. As head u account for the mistake ur guys make.

Well there are lots of screwup, Mas Selamat case, Themasek huge loss just to name a few. Accountability????? In other countries... the ppl at the top would have resign in disgrace liao lor whether or not is their mistake. As head u account for the mistake ur guys make.

I agree on the Mas Selamat case, top guy's head should roll but as for Temasek issue, it's still a business, got guarantee win one meh? Win money that time everyone siao mimi, lose that time everyone kpkb....

I agree on the Mas Selamat case, top guy's head should roll but as for Temasek issue, it's still a business, got guarantee win one meh? Win money that time everyone siao mimi, lose that time everyone kpkb....

I think its not a matter of we want guarantee win. All we want is transparency, accountability and able to admit mistake. They are using tax payers' money, which is our money. I am sure thats all what most of us want. Since this is business and using our money all the more there should be transparency and accountability.

Ever since the NKF incident I dont think I can trust any big organisation that started off with good intentions anymore. It can get corrupt anytime if there are no checks and balances.

I see alot of times people kpkb but they prefer to let others do the dirty job. ie potong pasir/hougang residents. They think if they vote alternative party they may get marked, especially those working in civil service/government sector and those got no balls voters. They have been brainwashed by the PAP government through their mouthpiece SPH straits times and those PAP supportors to think it is not loyal to Singapore when vote against PAP, that PAP build up Singapore to where we are today. It is as if the rest of the people other than PAP did not contribute at all to the success of Singapore.

Another tactic they like to use is to claim that there are no capable people in alternative party. As if PAP's ministers are very capable at all. They also make mistakes. One of the biggest problem of PAP is the inability to admit mistakes. I dont know what is wrong with admitting mistake. Nobody is perfect. Maybe thats because of the way PAP always like to project themselves as pure and perfect and the way they treat those who oppose them that have the capability and ability. We see the way they threaten and take action against people like Francis Seow and Tang makes Durai an angel liao. Really narrow minded and hypocrite. No capable people in opposition? Either they have been wipe out politically, migrate or dare not come out against PAP.

If all of us queue at CPF building tomorrow and demand for our CPF money now I dont think they can come up with it at all All empty shell and in need of more money to be kept inside to cover up for all the losses they refuse to admit.

I think its not a matter of we want guarantee win. All we want is transparency, accountability and able to admit mistake. They are using tax payers' money, which is our money. I am sure thats all what most of us want. Since this is business and using our money all the more there should be transparency and accountability.

Ever since the NKF incident I dont think I can trust any big organisation that started off with good intentions anymore. It can get corrupt anytime if there are no checks and balances.

I see alot of times people kpkb but they prefer to let others do the dirty job. ie potong pasir/hougang residents. They think if they vote alternative party they may get marked, especially those working in civil service/government sector and those got no balls voters. They have been brainwashed by the PAP government through their mouthpiece SPH straits times and those PAP supportors to think it is not loyal to Singapore when vote against PAP, that PAP build up Singapore to where we are today. It is as if the rest of the people other than PAP did not contribute at all to the success of Singapore.

Another tactic they like to use is to claim that there are no capable people in alternative party. As if PAP's ministers are very capable at all. They also make mistakes. One of the biggest problem of PAP is the inability to admit mistakes. I dont know what is wrong with admitting mistake. Nobody is perfect. Maybe thats because of the way PAP always like to project themselves as pure and perfect and the way they treat those who oppose them that have the capability and ability. We see the way they threaten and take action against people like Francis Seow and Tang makes Durai an angel liao. Really narrow minded and hypocrite. No capable people in opposition? Either they have been wipe out politically, migrate or dare not come out against PAP.

If all of us queue at CPF building tomorrow and demand for our CPF money now I dont think they can come up with it at all All empty shell and in need of more money to be kept inside to cover up for all the losses they refuse to admit.

To a large extend, I do agree with you.... Especially on how they persecute those who deem credible enough to fight them during the election...

↡ Advertisement