Can convert COE car to weekend car?

Kenmical

Can I convert a COE car to weekend car? Am interested to get a COE car as 2nd car for weekend drive but not sure if I can convert to weekend plate. Please help advice and thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement

Can I convert a COE car to weekend car? Am interested to get a COE car as 2nd car for weekend drive but not sure if I can convert to weekend plate. Please help advice and thanks in advance!

I doubt so. I asked the same question here before. The answer is negative.

Regards,

write in to lta and ask or call their customer service ask here ppl will any how give u answer... www.lta.gov.sg

Hi,

I tried to enquire about the conversion fee of my COE car to an OPC car using the One Motoring Website (just for fun), it actually gives me the cost of converting. Therefore, I think is possible to buy a COE car then convert it to a OPC.

I checked with LTA before on this. The answer was yes; however, apart from the annual roadtax rebate of $800 back then, there were no other financial incentives. You would not get additional PARF of $2,200 a year which you would have gotten with the conversion of a car that has not had its COE renewed. With the recent OPC changes though, I'm not sure if this still holds.

me too thinking of getting a coe car for fun weekend drive only. Anyone knows if the conversion is possible? How much rebate will I get?

OPC can be renew after 10 years (PQP COE) that I had enquire from LTA but road tax will be expensive up to 150% on the 15 year .. Any parf value (OPC) is mininum so it is cheap to renew.. except that you can expect alot of things to change (spare parts) , you know your car well so you might save also as OPC seldom drive

Neutral Newbie

COE car so cheap.. lose out if you convert...Dont get much privi as new cars. You get cheaper road tax of min $70 onli...u would not get $1100 rebate for every 6 mths u drive xcept for new cars. Need to do vehicle inspection every year.

↡ Advertisement