Monkeys causing menace to public

Kawan

Which of the reservoir park has the most monkeys along the road? Which road? Which park is best for a visit with kids? Thanks for sharing.

↡ Advertisement

if u want to see real monkeys go to the zoo, those at reservoirs dont go and feed, got plainsclothes rangers watching u all the time waiting to pounce on u

if u want to see "monkeys" just wait till they appear on tv during some seasons of the year

Got so many...

1) Fort Canning Park

2) Julong Bird Park

3) Bohtanic Garden

4) Ang moh Kio Park

5) Bishan Park

6) Punggol Park

7) West Coast Park

8) East Coast Park

You have to be more specific.

Which of the reservoir park has the most monkeys along the road? Which road? Which park is best for a visit with kids? Thanks for sharing.

Seletar. Most? That depends on whether they want to see you.

But that place can see lots of monkeys in cars at nite. Sometimes got to go round and round to look for place to park to look see look see [laugh]

Yes, I have read a lot about the impact of feeding wild monkeys at reservoir (and the fines) - certainly won't do that. I have not visited any of the park so not sure which is a better one for visit with the kids. Also, I like to find out which road where those monkeys usually appear so that I can just pass through it and let the kids view from the car.

Upper peirce (along thomson road). There got many but dun feed them, you will kanna jail. [sweatdrop]

Edited by Yaloryalor

reservoir park only .... ok to be specific: MacRitchie Reservoir Park, Upper Peirce Reservoir Park or Lower Peirce Reservoir Park?

I already said selatar. Drive right in after the driving range. Round the bend, the monkeys be along the road if they like you. They will jump on top of your car if you show them food.

Edited by Dumb

Just checked out the road with google map (see attached). Let me know if that's the road. Thanks!

post-9405-1251556956_thumb.jpg

100% sure see monkey is:

Bukit Timah Nature Reserve carpark (Hindehide Road) Monkey here chope the car park lots.

End of Rifle Range Road after BKE. (Park Ranger pickup always station there to watch for illegal feeding)

Macritchie Reservoir Park, along the usual jogging track near the fitness station (5 min walk from the zigzag bridge)

Macritchie Reservoir Park near the canoe sheds

Lower Pierce Reservoir Park (near the fishing section)

I find that the Mac Reservoir Park fitness station monkeys more tame.

Seem like they very used to ppl bio-ing them, and dun appear eager for food.

100% sure see monkey is:

Bukit Timah Nature Reserve carpark (Hindehide Road) Monkey here chope the car park lots.

End of Rifle Range Road after BKE. (Park Ranger pickup always station there to watch for illegal feeding)

Macritchie Reservoir Park, along the usual jogging track near the fitness station (5 min walk from the zigzag bridge)

Macritchie Reservoir Park near the canoe sheds

Lower Pierce Reservoir Park (near the fishing section)

I find that the Mac Reservoir Park fitness station monkeys more tame.

Seem like they very used to ppl bio-ing them, and dun appear eager for food.

He said he wants to drive through without getting out of the car. The monkeys got to be along or near the road side.

You got it [thumbsup] ... the immediate intention is to avoid having the little "monkeys" coming out from the car. Nevertheless, any good recommendation of the best reservoir park (good view, safe ...) for a family trip will be appreciated.

You can see monkeys at any of the reservoir parks of the Central Catchment Area (MacRitchie, Lower and Upper Pierce, Seletar), as well as Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. You will also see them driving through many of the roads in the area, such as Old Upper Thomson Road.

The parks themselves are safe if you stay on the main paths - not advisable to bring small kids into the nature trails on your own. One important thing to remember, don't carry anything in plastic bags, especially those with supermarket or 7-11/Cheers print! Not joking, the monkeys recognize these bags and will snatch them from you. As mentioned, don't feed them.