Caltex overcharged me for at least 3 times

Fortress

Hi all,

This happened to me for at least the last 3 refueling at Caltex pump (AMK Ave 3 and Ave 1) over the last 10 days. I set the pump at S$50 twice and just a while ago S$70, however, the pump filled it to 1 cent more each time. Do not know whether this has happened before but I took notice recently.

The first time I let it be, thereafter I took issue with the kiosk and they relented. Can you imagine that there are thousands of cars, and they make one cent MORE each time you pump, which a breach of agreement, in my view !!

Just take note whenever you pump your fuel.

Edited by Fortress
↡ Advertisement

I think ts is paying by ccard, so charge exactly.

But one can cheat back by paying cash, it will round down. So can theoreticall cheat petrol station of max four cents worth of petrol each time.

One more way of cheating, most nozzles got some petrol left over. While at the pumps, insert the other two nozzles into your car fillcap to gain those residual petrol. Do not press the trigger hot, just tilt the nozzles into fillcap. Then proceed to pump with the third nozzle.

All these just for 1 cent bro?

As one bro said, u got 1 cent worth of petrol too!?

If anyone's gonna let loose on it having to do with 'Principles'....... please don't. It is really a small matter. Haiz.. Singaporeans.

This thread belongs in STOMP.

Hi all,

This happened to me for at least the last 3 refueling at Caltex pump (AMK Ave 3 and Ave 1) over the last 10 days. I set the pump at S$50 twice and just a while ago S$70, however, the pump filled it to 1 cent more each time. Do not know whether this has happened before but I took notice recently.

The first time I let it be, thereafter I took issue with the kiosk and they relented. Can you imagine that there are thousands of cars, and they make one cent MORE each time you pump !!How much they already make and in this case, in m y view is cheating.

Please take note whenever you pump your fuel.

agree with u.anyway,for me,i always tell them full tank pls then proceed to pay.if really want exact $,i usually pump on my own(rarely).juz last week,i encounter a man waiting at the cashier.as it was crowded and with only 1 pump attendant as the other is having his dinner.the cashier ask the man which pump sir,that stupid man answer"why take so long havent help me to pump?why only 1 attendant only?i m paying for the service [hur] .can u ask the other guy to eat faster :o ???"than the cashier ask the attendant to pump his car first [whip] .i was like WTF,cant he pump on his own?really,in sinapore,u get to see all type of pple [knife] .

Neutral Newbie

Opening this thread and reading the topic already waste more than 1c for me... [shakehead]

That's my 2c.

bro, his total loss is 3cents.... [lipsrsealed]

No lah, the 3cents exchanged for petrol.

2 cents. He got a 1 cent refund!

Wah. Can cheat caltex out of 1 cent worth of petrol!

Typical Singaporean mindset.....reminds me of one incident at ECP Lagoon. Was there with my family for dinner, and when I was in the toilet I over heard two guys telling the cleaner sitting at the main door, wash hands only, dun need to pay right? I mean come on, its only 10cents..... you're paying to the person who has to smell your s--t and pee and worse of all clean up after you. Utter disgrace I'll say...

It's just a number we see.

How do we even know a litre pumped is exactly a litre we get?

Wah! Later TS go get a measuring cylinder every time he goes to the pump and make sure Caltex does not cheat him! :D

Who knows, he might take jack etc like those kiasu Sporean in JB. lol.... make EVERY CENT work for him.

Wah! Later TS go get a measuring cylinder every time he goes to the pump and make sure Caltex does not cheat him! :D

↡ Advertisement