Changi Airport Race - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup vs Boeing 747

Mockngbrd

i guess this race is probably just for plain fun and a warmup to the F1 festivities

although the results were probably predictable, (to us anyway), it was still really great fun being there and i think its pretty cool that Changi Airport actually dares to do something like this.

here's some of the pics i took whilst there... (excuse the quality of the shots, i'm still trying to figure out the camera)

Reached airport 1130am

reception area, food, drinks and a live band.. oh and some dancers too

Everyone had to wear funky neon yellow vest (which we got to keep for some unknown reason)

Rounded up into the bus for transport to grandstand area

OMG,I drive this apron bus last week to ferry pilots from the remote bay as the perm driver is on leave [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Waste of time....should have race with the F5 or F16!!!! Common..747 cargo freighter???? [shakehead]

Even stock WRX could also race with the 747..no big deal... [lipsrsealed]

Hahahahahaha

Stock Wrx i can win anytime... so my car as fast or faster then GT3 :D

WRX [hur][hur][hur]

how come from the video the porsche seems to start further behind the plane or was it the angle you took?

you are correct.. the porsche was further behind because of the false start the first time.. the plane cant reverse so it was slightly ahead.

Any Tom,Dick or Harry would know that any superfast car can beat the 747 on a 1.7km strech.Try another 1 km more you will know win..Maybe a A319/320 or even Boeing 737 can do the job

I think it depends on what you are looking for. For me, I know the GT3 sure win. So, I was there wanting to see how the pilot expects to win. And... I can say that, that is 1 hell of a fast 747! It almost beat the GT3. A fully stripped down cargo plane with nuttin inside. Never seen a 747 move that fast on the runway.

Edited by Silver_z

Wah! U can take photo at the bridge(I wonder if it is called a bridge, the place we board the bus)? I whipped out my camera and the security looked at me and said "No taking pictures!". I was like.... WTF!.

Edited by Silver_z

The race could have continued if the Porsche had wings. :D Would like to see it race against a fighter jet.

i believe studies had been done to place these to race machines together.

if replace with a fighter jet,most likely it will be an obvious result.

Neutral Newbie

The race could have continued if the Porsche had wings. :D Would like to see it race against a fighter jet.

It will not be the GT3 anymore if the opponent is Fighter Jet...

At least a 911 Turbo but doubt will make any diff...

I remember watching a video on the Reventon running against a Fighter Jet... Reventon lost 2-1 in 3 runs.

That is more fun to watch!!!

It will not be the GT3 anymore if the opponent is Fighter Jet...

At least a 911 Turbo but doubt will make any diff...

I remember watching a video on the Reventon running against a Fighter Jet... Reventon lost 2-1 in 3 runs.

That is more fun to watch!!!

Top Gear had a Bugatti Veyron Vs a Eurofighter Typhoon. This one was quite fun to watch.

We should have something similar Vs our F15SG.

Bloodily retarded.

A passenger jet, as most are aware, takes time to warm up and the acceleration off the mark is slow.

The instance where they put a F1 (think it was a Ferrari driven by some german b------d) against a fighter jet.. that makes a whole lot more sense. [thumbsup]

Yeah, luckily I didn't wake up early on a Saturday morning to see this nonsense although I had invites! Bloody wase of time! At least if they did it round a track like the top gear blokes, they would have earned some respect. Liddat ah...forget it lah!!

↡ Advertisement