Rims getting "dull" looking

Cloudywind

Hey guys, I noticed that my rims are getting "dull" looking, not shiny anymore... do you have the same problem?

I've been washing them with just shampoo but recently found that the color are turning abit matte and its not smooth to the touch anymore.

Do you know of any rims cleaner that can bring back the shine? Thanks ahead for the recommendations!

↡ Advertisement

just normal car wash shampoo leh...

i'm thinking of getting one of those proper rims cleaner and see whether it works... [sweatdrop]

U need a metal brightener?? [lipsrsealed]

I try to grab one for u..test it out for me..Be my Tester [laugh] ..then i know if it is good..I try to grab one in..

Btw..Metal or Aluminum brightener u preferred

post-4553-1252400626_thumb.jpg

post-4553-1252400717_thumb.jpg

Edited by Maddriver

I try to grab one for u..test it out for me..Be my Tester [laugh] ..then i know if it is good..I try to grab one in..

my rims are stock alloy leh, not sure shd use metal or aluminium brightener [sweatdrop]

but really dun mind been ur tester! hahaha! [thumbsup]

my rims are stock alloy leh, not sure shd use metal or aluminium brightener [sweatdrop]

or try using sonax wheel cleaner.. bloody strong cleaner and doesnt spoilt paint or anything...

plus some sponge scrubbing will do the job... altot not needed... but will help !

Haha..let me go check it out for you..

but wheel cleaner first ba..if not then proceed to cleaner wax..

Neutral Newbie

thks bro! will try it on this wkend's wash! [thumbsup]

btw, just seperate a small piece out from your regular bar for the wheels and don't mix it with the one u using for car body. Gd luck!

or try using sonax wheel cleaner.. bloody strong cleaner and doesnt spoilt paint or anything...

plus some sponge scrubbing will do the job... altot not needed... but will help !

I agree the SONAX cleaner is good. The smell though can make you [dead].

But it really can clean your rims.

My friend tried it on his wheel which was very dirty after a weekend in Malaysia.

The dirt all came out without make scrubbing at all. But it also made his painted brake calipers fade. [laugh]

I also wana test leh. [laugh]

I agree the SONAX cleaner is good. The smell though can make you [dead].

But it really can clean your rims.

My friend tried it on his wheel which was very dirty after a weekend in Malaysia.

The dirt all came out without make scrubbing at all. But it also made his painted brake calipers fade. [laugh]

I will try the SONAX cleaner then. My rims are always very dusty and dirty due to aftermarket brake pads.

Hey guys, I noticed that my rims are getting "dull" looking, not shiny anymore... do you have the same problem?

I've been washing them with just shampoo but recently found that the color are turning abit matte and its not smooth to the touch anymore.

Do you know of any rims cleaner that can bring back the shine? Thanks ahead for the recommendations!

Sis, you can give a try on Maddriver's products. Some of his stuff are quite good and reasonably priced! [thumbsup]

btw, just seperate a small piece out from your regular bar for the wheels and don't mix it with the one u using for car body. Gd luck!

HAHA! OF COURSE! [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement