Search
Rims getting quot dull quot looking

• Search this thread
36 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:40 AM

Cloudywind
  • Cloudywind
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hey guys, I noticed that my rims are getting "dull" looking, not shiny anymore... do you have the same problem?

I've been washing them with just shampoo but recently found that the color are turning abit matte and its not smooth to the touch anymore.

Do you know of any rims cleaner that can bring back the shine? Thanks ahead for the recommendations!
================================================================================
Simota carbon charger / Billion air funnels + CAI / Unichip / Pivot VS+SE+IE / Pro-RS stainless steel brake hoses / Bendix Ultimate brake pads / Summit & Ultraracing lower arm bars / LED cabin&boot lights / Xplod XS-HT170SN components / Xplod XS-GF1622X coaxial / Rodek AW-800D active sub / Lanzar Vibe 215 amp

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:46 PM

Dschia
  • Dschia
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

what shampoo did you use to wash them?

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:30 PM

Cloudywind
  • Cloudywind
    4th Gear

just normal car wash shampoo leh...

i'm thinking of getting one of those proper rims cleaner and see whether it works... sweatdrop.gif
================================================================================
Simota carbon charger / Billion air funnels + CAI / Unichip / Pivot VS+SE+IE / Pro-RS stainless steel brake hoses / Bendix Ultimate brake pads / Summit & Ultraracing lower arm bars / LED cabin&boot lights / Xplod XS-HT170SN components / Xplod XS-GF1622X coaxial / Rodek AW-800D active sub / Lanzar Vibe 215 amp

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:45 PM

Joshguu
  • Joshguu
    Neutral Newbie

bro how old are those rims? can try claying but dunno if it'll bring back the shine on ur rims.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:46 PM

Maddriver
  • Premium member
    Maddriver
    Sponsor

just normal car wash shampoo leh...

i'm thinking of getting one of those proper rims cleaner and see whether it works... sweatdrop.gif

U need a metal brightener?? lipsrsealed.gif

I try to grab one for u..test it out for me..Be my Tester laugh.gif ..then i know if it is good..I try to grab one in..

Btw..Metal or Aluminum brightener u preferred

Attached Thumbnails

• metal_brightener.jpg
  • DG_.jpg

Edited by Maddriver, 08 September 2009 - 05:05 PM.

Website Duragloss Car Care products
Website Optimum Car Care products

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:23 PM

Dschia
  • Dschia
    2nd Gear

Try claying and polish it with paint cleaner. It should bring back the shine..

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:49 PM

Cloudywind
  • Cloudywind
    4th Gear

I try to grab one for u..test it out for me..Be my Tester laugh.gif ..then i know if it is good..I try to grab one in..

my rims are stock alloy leh, not sure shd use metal or aluminium brightener sweatdrop.gif
but really dun mind been ur tester! hahaha! thumbsup.gif

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:50 PM

Cloudywind
  • Cloudywind
    4th Gear

my rims are stock alloy leh, not sure shd use metal or aluminium brightener sweatdrop.gif

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:51 PM

Cloudywind
  • Cloudywind
    4th Gear

Try claying and polish it with paint cleaner. It should bring back the shine..

thks bro! will try it on this wkend's wash! thumbsup.gif

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:04 PM

Circuit
  • Circuit
    5th Gear

or try using sonax wheel cleaner.. bloody strong cleaner and doesnt spoilt paint or anything...

plus some sponge scrubbing will do the job... altot not needed... but will help !
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
one motorist killed on the road, whole family sob to death....
think before u speed...

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:16 PM

Lucaswh
  • Lucaswh
    5th Gear

hey my rims are matt black leh...how do i maintain them?

any recommended rim cleaner?

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:40 PM

Maddriver
  • Premium member
    Maddriver
    Sponsor

Haha..let me go check it out for you..

but wheel cleaner first ba..if not then proceed to cleaner wax..
Website Duragloss Car Care products
Website Optimum Car Care products

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

Dschia
  • Dschia
    2nd Gear

thks bro! will try it on this wkend's wash! thumbsup.gif

btw, just seperate a small piece out from your regular bar for the wheels and don't mix it with the one u using for car body. Gd luck!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:16 AM

Ken_leong
  • Premium member
    Ken_leong
    3rd Gear

or try using sonax wheel cleaner.. bloody strong cleaner and doesnt spoilt paint or anything...

plus some sponge scrubbing will do the job... altot not needed... but will help !

I agree the SONAX cleaner is good. The smell though can make you dead.gif.

But it really can clean your rims.

My friend tried it on his wheel which was very dirty after a weekend in Malaysia.

The dirt all came out without make scrubbing at all. But it also made his painted brake calipers fade. laugh.gif

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:18 AM

Ken_leong
  • Premium member
    Ken_leong
    3rd Gear

I also wana test leh. laugh.gif

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:41 AM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious

My friend tried it on his wheel which was very dirty after a weekend in Malaysia.

The dirt all came out without make scrubbing at all. But it also made his painted brake calipers fade. laugh.gif

I will try the SONAX cleaner then. My rims are always very dusty and dirty due to aftermarket brake pads.
|Genuine Volkswagen (VW) Specifications-Parts-Products|VAG RennTech Intel Modul|Akebono-Ferodo DS2500 Brake Pads|3M Crystalline Solar Film|Sachs Race Engineering (SRE) Kit|Gunson G4107 Start Check Battery Tester|

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:42 AM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious

Hey guys, I noticed that my rims are getting "dull" looking, not shiny anymore... do you have the same problem?

I've been washing them with just shampoo but recently found that the color are turning abit matte and its not smooth to the touch anymore.

Do you know of any rims cleaner that can bring back the shine? Thanks ahead for the recommendations!

Sis, you can give a try on Maddriver's products. Some of his stuff are quite good and reasonably priced! thumbsup.gif
|Genuine Volkswagen (VW) Specifications-Parts-Products|VAG RennTech Intel Modul|Akebono-Ferodo DS2500 Brake Pads|3M Crystalline Solar Film|Sachs Race Engineering (SRE) Kit|Gunson G4107 Start Check Battery Tester|

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:40 PM

Cloudywind
  • Cloudywind
    4th Gear

btw, just seperate a small piece out from your regular bar for the wheels and don't mix it with the one u using for car body. Gd luck!

HAHA! OF COURSE! sweatdrop.gif

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:43 PM

Cloudywind
  • Cloudywind
    4th Gear

Sis, you can give a try on Maddriver's products. Some of his stuff are quite good and reasonably priced! thumbsup.gif

Yap! Agree! but lemme try claying and polishing tis wkend first smile.gif

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:41 PM

Kelpsh
  • Premium member
    Kelpsh
    1st Gear

Sounds like a strong cleaner.. What happens if you accidentally smeared the product onto your tyre wall?... sweatdrop.gif

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users